BREAKING: DOJ sues Facebook for illegally reserving high paying jobs for immigrants

Daps
Why do I feel like they can do what they please when hiring?

I guess I have no illusion of fairness in hiring. Being Black in America and all

They can pretty much do that they please (with, of course, exceptions around protected classes such as sex and race...and even those can be hard to prove), however this is about H-1B visa. Companies sponsor immigrants to come this country and work under those visas. The whole premise of that visa is that it allows companies to fill highly skilled positions for which there are limited domestic candidates. If companies are overlooking qualified domestic to use these visas then it’s a violation for which the government can take action.

As many have said, this is commonplace in Tech and other industries so the DOJ taking action against Facebook is almost surely due to them pissing off the Trump Administration in some fashion.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The H1b denial rates doubled during the last couple of years alone. The only reason more weren't blocked was because of lawsuits from tech companies and the Chamber of Commerce. Do you even work in IT to claim these policies didn't cause any disruption to the H1B program? My company got plenty of H1B applications denied and couldn't bring in as many foreign workers. It's the main reason I got hired.

H1Z .... :picard:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. I keep it all the way real with how difficult it was for me to get into the industry, and how difficult it continues to be too make moves into these larger companies. I've said many times it took me 6 months straight with 10+ applications per day. I think I only got 6 or 7 interviews out of all that and barely landed the job in the end. Now since I'm on the other side of the table, interviewing college grads, I intentionally don't critique harshly so that those kids can be extended a similar opportunity as I was :yeshrug:.

Ok but the point is it shouldn't be that hard if you have the skills, qualifications and experience. Cuz it definitely isn't that hard with those same criterias in literally any other field.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The H1b denial rates doubled during the last couple of years alone. The only reason more weren't blocked was because of lawsuits from tech companies and the Chamber of Commerce. Do you even work in IT to claim these policies didn't cause any disruption to the H1B program? My company got plenty of H1B applications denied and couldn't bring in as many foreign workers. It's the main reason I got hired.
You quoted a literal graph of the acceptance rates going up within big tech companies. I already explained the context. Links to data included. Argue with them folks, im not about to waste my night arguing with nikkas who refuse to read. Congrats on the job but dont let them butter biscuits fukk up your critical thinking.

And yes, I do happen to work in IT actually :umad:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sending jobs abroad ain't the same thing as bringing someone into the county on H1B visa.
:mjlol:
Making it blatantly obvious you can't read beyond your own juelzing. Its worse.

"Sending a job abroad" is outsourcing thats easier to do with remote positions. The most in demand and 9/10 more skilled and higher paid positions than essentials. Easier than getting a visa granted which tech companies can do too. But its all good as long as you dont see the indians taking your job on the streets? :mjlol:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

"Sending a job abroad" is outsourcing thats easier to do with remote positions. The most in demand and 9/10 more skilled and higher paid positions than essentials. Easier than getting a visa granted which tech companies can do too. But its all good as long as you dont see the indians taking your job on the streets? :mjlol:

What are y'all nikkas even arguing about? Sounds like y'all both saying the same thing, just differently..

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Breh, Asians are trying to push Biden to put Frank Yang in his cabinet as the man leading the chamber of commerce:snoop:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biden really about to fukk over y'all 6 cert brehs once he revamps H1-B visas and opens the floodgates :francis:

Something Trump was too stupid to do :francis:
It's not gonna just be tech workers who see their wages and jobs slashed by foreigners. But once a flood of immigrants from Mexico start blue collar workers will get even harder. Wages will probably become stagnant across the board for everyone which is what Corporations want.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If it's so much easier to outsource these jobs outside of the country. Why are these companies fighting tooth and nail for more visas to bring people over?

Which one is it?
:mjgrin:
Shill

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are y'all nikkas even arguing about? Sounds like y'all both saying the same thing, just differently..
Its about intentions

Anti outsourcing discussions typically have 2 undercurrents

1. People who see outsourcing as the shytty capitalist anti worker practice as it is and want to hold the culprits responsible

2. People eager to bite into the xenophobic spin of "blame the immigrants"

The clown I was talking is clearly the latter.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it's so much easier to outsource these jobs outside of the country. Why are these companies fighting tooth and nail for more visas to bring people over?

Which one is it?
:mjgrin:
Shill
Already proved they doing both.

Except he didn't even do it.

US corporations continue sending jobs abroad during pandemic

At the end of the day all his immigration rhetoric is just white supremacists fighting to keep demographics as white as possible. Applaud that bullshyt if you want to.

These people (biden's wing too) dont give a shyt about workers
What about them? He only just started trying to go after this aspect of H-1 visas in October as a political stunt

Trump Will End H-1B Visa Lottery

And the "reforms" he enacted before did not stop Big Tech companies like Facebook from outsourcing, only making less visas become approved from outsourcing firms.

"
On the other hand, American high-profile tech giants like Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN), Microsoft, Alphabet Inc.'s (GOOG) Google, Facebook Inc. (FB) and Apple Inc. (AAPL) have jumped higher on the ranking of top sponsors and seen increases in the number of visas they are granted.

We see this when we compare FY 2018 "initial approvals" to earlier years.
Company 2015 2016 2017 2018 Change from 2015-18
Amazon 1,066 1,414 2,494 2,839 166%
Facebook 422 472 728 669 59%
Apple 532 635 675 701 32%
Microsoft 969 1,142 1,474 1,256 30%
Google 849 682 1,071 724 -15%
Tech Mahindra 1,571 1,227 2,224 590 -62%
Cognizant 3,849 3,946 3,212 507 -87%
Tata Consultancy 4,766 2,025 2,312 533 -89%
Wipro 3,185 635 1,236 284 -91%
Infosys 2,799 2,340 1,188 73 -97%"

The Impact of Trump's H-1B Visa Crackdown in 5 Charts

I likely know what you read too. I'm just stating facts. Trump did nothing to stop outsourcing and made it worse. These pushes against it was just his typical half assed showmanship to appear like he's doing something. Just like that fence he calls a wall.

The proofs in the pudding at this point. Applaud that shyt if you want
Wannabe Caucasian :mjgrin:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's claiming the Trump administration isn't really disrupting companies from bringing over cheap foreign labor. I guess all these lawsuits filed by companies are just for show.

Yet his candidate Biden is in favor of bringing in foreigners to replace American workers. And he doesn't have a problem with it.
:mjlol:
But a shill gonna shill.