BREAKING: DOJ sues Facebook for illegally reserving high paying jobs for immigrants

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
EoQLKnNVcAARGhQ

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
Real talk breh often times them folks make 1/4 to 1/5 the american salary. For example a dude I know married a foreign chick. She worked at microsoft as a H1B IT person. She made like 25k...yes 25k. Once she married the dude I know and got her citizenship. She became an american employee and her salary was changed to 115k.

Are you serious? They pay H1B that low?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: Man I’m so naive. I actually took these tech companies at their word that their weren’t enough qualified Americans. They been saying that shyt for years.
This has been going on for decades to keep tech salaries low. The legislation was passed under Clinton. And expanded under Obama.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you serious? They pay H1B that low?

Are H-1B Visa Workers Overpaid or Underpaid?

The report’s analysis found that, for computer applications, salaries are 17 percent to 34 percent lower than local median salaries. Overall, “three-fifths of all H-1B jobs were certified at the two lowest prevailing wage levels in 2019,” with Amazon and Microsoft assigning 75 percent (or more) of their H-1B positions to these levels. Walmart, Uber, and Google assigned roughly half to either of these two levels, while IBM assigned three-fifths.

“There is a large existing U.S. labor pool for Level 1 and 2 types of positions that could be expanded even further through private investments in training,” the Economic Policy Institute states as part of its conclusions. “U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents have been graduating in record numbers with bachelor’s degrees in computer science and engineering over the past five years.”

But since it was the Orange Cheeto who passed the policy to fight this, we can't possibly support it

:mjgrin:

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
good that is what they should have been doing

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
odd at the reactions to high paying jobs being at risk due to non-citizens but low paying jobs at risk, shrug status OR shamed for competing for such jobs
imagine if you gave credit to the exiting administration for their policies on open borders/work visas then maybe the incoming administration wouldn't feel comfortable talmbot legalizing illegals and distributing work visas/green card during high unemployment

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: Man I’m so naive. I actually took these tech companies at their word that their weren’t enough qualified Americans. They been saying that shyt for years.

It's all lies man. I feel bad for brehs who went and got CS degrees and all these certs and are still struggling. Any industry where Chinese and Indians are thriving brehs should avoid. Asian interviewers don't hire brehs. "People of color" don't hire blacks. With white and black interviewers you at least have a 50 percent chance of getting the job as a black man.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
These Indians stink and are racist as fukk. Worship crackers. I have seen it. They are like chinks in The Bay Area.:unimpressed:

Main reason I can't deal with em. I remember when I used to do Uber and had to pickup Indians. One time this mf smelled so bad I had to call it a day and go home cuz the smell was so awful it gave me a fukking terrible headache. Mind you that's with the windows down.