BREAKING: DOJ sues Facebook for illegally reserving high paying jobs for immigrants

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
EoQLKnNVcAARGhQ
Immigrant tech workers, hispanic laborers, and trust fund east Asians won. :wow:

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
All the asians that opposed affirmative action are going to be quiet as fukk on this story.
We need to get there bat eating asses outta here there scum they have no political power we need a litigate these chinks asses they won’t win

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
About time

as someone in the tech industry, it's frustrating seeing how these companies always want to give jobs to super anti black immigrants straight from villages.
I never dislike them until I came in this field and you see them for who they really are. I hated trump administration, but one thing I respected about them is how they were
unapologetically pro Americans citizens first.

I am glad the H1B visa program was tossed out or extremely limited :camby:
Kamala and Biden about to bring that shyt right back, so...

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
It’s come to this but brehs need to start calling ice on these chinks and stinky ass Indians they wanna war with us they’ll get it these cacs setting these foreigners for the slaughter especially once the POC Veil is covered these foreigners are gonna be on the Chopping block and they don’t even know half the Asians businesses was burned during the riots it will only get worse especially with these examples in tech and Cali how these scum foreigners are practicing systemic racism Against us. and getting a pass from the Democrats it’s gonna b bad I feel sorry for these foreigners there gonna be collateral damage cacs can’t handle angry black folks when it goes down there aren’t gonna save em

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Bro listen, let me give you some real game here.

DO NOT APPLY FOR ENTRY LEVEL JOBS WHEN FIRST STARTING. I REPEAT DO NOT APPLY FOR ENTRY LEVEL JOBS.

Total waste of time. Job titles with 'junior' or 'entry' are FLOODED with candidates with Art majors and bootcamp grads that have no biz applying for those jobs. It is EXTREMELY competitive. I put 'internships' in that category as well.

The EASIEST path imo is to continue developing your skills till you get to mid level experience. That takes less than 1 year imo. Or apply for contract gigs that last a few months. Your obsession should be landing your first job so you can get a taste of what the industry is like AND so you can have experiences to share on your next job interview + have material to bullshyt and over exaggerate your contributions.
You just contradicted yourself. Getting your first job implies applying to entry level jobs and having an intnership. Also you're not likely to get a contract gig unless you have had an internship or an entry level job.
Thankfully I'm doing an internship right now so I'm good.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The H1b denial rates doubled during the last couple of years alone. The only reason more weren't blocked was because of lawsuits from tech companies and the Chamber of Commerce. Do you even work in IT to claim these policies didn't cause any disruption to the H1B program? My company got plenty of H1B applications denied and couldn't bring in as many foreign workers. It's the main reason I got hired.
So you're saying Trump's policies actually HELPED BLACK PEOPLE GET JOBS?

Damn.

Oh well, Biden and Kamala about to open the borders again, so good luck!

Osman

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You just contradicted yourself. Getting your first job implies applying to entry level jobs and having an intnership. Also you're not likely to get a contract gig unless you have had an internship or an entry level job.
Thankfully I'm doing an internship right now so I'm good.

This is EXACTLY what I said not to do. You don't have to start at entry level job when you start. That would be ideal, but don't put all your eggs in that basket. You didn't understand the premise of my argument.

Entry/Jr level developers are never hired as contractors as they expect you to hit the ground running with little hand holding, but I faked my way into one. There are way more of these 4-12 month contract jobs that require some decent skills than available entry level jobs. The premise of my advise is you can fake your way into one of these jobs rather than compete viciously for entry level/internship jobs against art majors and comp sci grads. But to make it work you need to have some decent skills and knowledge to be able to pass the interviews (which is very doable) and pass their take home tests (common).

Internships are great, but most people aren't lucky enough to have one. And a big mistake a lot of beginners/new grads do is think they HAVE to have an internship under their belt or only apply for roles that have "Entry", "Junior", "New Grad" in the job title. It takes 6 months to train from being a jr level developer to mid level, most people spend more than that just applying for jobs while not doing anything else.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
This is EXACTLY what I said not to do. You don't have to start at entry level job when you start. That would be ideal, but don't put all your eggs in that basket. You didn't understand the premise of my argument.

Entry/Jr level developers are never hired as contractors as they expect you to hit the ground running with little hand holding, but I faked my way into one. There are way more of these 4-12 month contract jobs that require some decent skills than available entry level jobs. The premise of my advise is you can fake your way into one of these jobs rather than compete viciously for entry level/internship jobs against art majors and comp sci grads. But to make it work you need to have some decent skills and knowledge to be able to pass the interviews (which is very doable) and pass their take home tests (common).
How are you supposed to gain skills related to these contract jobs if you're still trying to get your foot in the door:mjlol:. So you just going to lie on your resume, then sign up for a contract claiming you can do said job that you've never been trained for:picard:. That's how you get sued:francis:.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're saying Trump's policies actually HELPED BLACK PEOPLE GET JOBS?

Damn.

Oh well, Biden and Kamala about to open the borders again, so good luck!
You're gonna see stagnant wages, slow growth and high unemployment under Biden. I don't even think he's got an economic plan besides flooding the labor market with immigrants. That's gonna be good for businesses but nobody else. The economy was pretty stagnant during Obama's last term with only like 2% growth. And most jobs being lower paying for the most part.

Trump proved that economic nationalism works.