• Total voters

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
@puppetmaster

@No1 what’s the correct play here. :hubie:

Replace Joe or let him be.
I was resigned to Joe running but he’s been behind Trump in all the polls for months. There is no indication he can convince voters that he was the mental acuity for the job. Moreover, the money people in the party have threatened to withhold money not just from Biden but from every vulnerable house democrat if they don’t get him out. The Party has decided that they can beat Trump but Biden can’t. I think Biden pulls out by next Monday. He won’t doom the entire party. He’s fundamentally better than that. His refusal for a graceful exit brought this about. The leadership sitting him down was the last straw before they just go to the convention and pick someone else.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
The nationwide campaign infrastructure is run by the DNC and can be handed over quickly without much fuss. I’m talking about the spotlight is on the candidate can the punch back cause they know their policy. No one is inspired to vote because Davis Axelrod is chief of staff.
Most candidates don't have SME level knowledge about the policy they're campaigning on, they just know the toplines enough to be able to hit the elevator speech about it. The ability to punch back on policy is memorization, not knowledge. Especially in this race against Trump.

You can’t be serious. They don’t just think of a policy on Friday then roll it out on Monday.You’ve got advisors, lawyers, speechwriters, pollster who go over policy to make sure it won’t be overturned or be argued as constitutional then marketing research to roll it effectively. This stuff is months in advance before it’s announced.
There is internal discussion obviously, but most often not to the level you're talking about. A lot of campaign policies are of questionable constitutionality and even more questionable practicality. It doesn't matter. Campaign in poetry, govern in prose. Joe campaigned on a student debt policy that his own administration later admitted faced constitutionality hurdles. He campaigned on a public option that he basically immediately abandoned once he got in office. His newest campaign policy of Supreme Court reforms were obviously cooked up in the past few weeks as a post-debate hail mary, not planned months in advance. Campaign policies are simply red meat for the base that Presidents almost never actually enact.

And again, whichever Democratic candidate is nominated will already have the vast majority of their platform settled, they're not creating one from scratch. It doesn't take months and months of prep work for Kamala to additionally say she'll push for Medicare for All if she's elected.

All the more reason they will be disappointed when the hear the same “Israel has the right to defend itself” nonsense cause the person with big chair is being advised by the same DNC policy makers Obama, Clinton, etc had.

It’s easier for AOC to stand her ground when she doesn’t have an entire branch of government in her ear.
The DNC policy makers are to the left of Biden on this issue already. If Kamala just goes out and repeats what she's already been saying since March that she's advocating for a permanent ceasefire then she'll already be signalling a differentiation from Biden on this issue.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Progressives hate the DNC so much and “genocide Joe” that the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing has kinda happened with Trump for them . I see them on social media talking themselves into Trump not getting us into wars and being the lesser of the two evils

This has nothing to do with morality with them even though they will tell you “Genocide Joe” is worse than Trump and that’s why they can’t vote for him. It’s about power and thinking Trump winning gives them a better chance of winning one day

These people only care about Gaza apparently yet Trump is gonna make things even worse for them and people in this country so how is he a better choice?

Wrong.

I voted for that dotard in 2020.

I was arguing for him to stay in all last year before he decided to support a genocidal maniac.

I will vote for any other establishment Democratic candidate not named Biden.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
How we got this point with 4 months to go will be studied for decades.

What an all-time fumble. Would have been better off saying "fukk debates" we just gonna let people decide in November.

And people wanting him to stay don't seem to understand that the more people are asking him to drop out it doesn't matter what policy or position he takes the people who want him out is dominating the headlines and that is why he needs to go.

This is literally sucking all the oxygen out of the room
the super delegate system arose after Nixon washed McGovern…it was a check against radicals who couldn’t read the room and instead wanted to be right about everything instead of winning

Were about to see another change in how democrats operate.

“protocols” are just rules we like …and those are about to change.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wrong.

I voted for that dotard in 2020.

I was arguing for him to stay in all last year before he decided to support a genocidal maniac.

I will vote for any other establishment Democratic candidate not named Biden.

Fair

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Longer he waits the worse it Gets. We've known he should have dropped our at least openly since the debate.
He didn’t just get old at the debate, and at this point he’s not wrong for staying in if he thinks he can do the job.

If dems want him out, They should have done this a long time ago.

This still seems more like a power grab than genuine concern from most people.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn’t just get old at the debate, and at this point he’s not wrong for staying in if he thinks he can do the job.

If dems want him out, They should have done this a long time ago.

This still seems more like a power grab than genuine concern from most people.
Exactly.