WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I don't keep up with French politics so I don't know how accurate this is. I did hear that LePen had some buzz.

I'm all for shytting on US polls but I think this is missing context. The French system is set up to allow run offs a week later, which can change the total outcome. This means that if there's a particularly shocking or bad outcome first - like the French right wing sweeping power - French people can regroup and deny that outcome a week later. Imagine a US scenario where we had a two week election where in week one, Trump won major victories and just needed to secure them one week later. A shyt ton of people would show up in week two to prevent that from happening. It's like a built in wakeup call for elections.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'm all for shytting on US polls but I think this is missing context. The French system is set up to allow run offs a week later, which can change the total outcome. This means that if there's a particularly shocking or bad outcome first - like the French right wing sweeping power - French people can regroup and deny that outcome a week later. Imagine a US scenario where we had a two week election where in week one, Trump won major victories and just needed to secure them one week later. A shyt ton of people would show up in week two to prevent that from happening. It's like a built in wakeup call for elections.
Don’t we already essentially do that by narrowing the choices down into a two party system?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
🧌. I do appreciate you finally just showing that you have no intention of thinking with depth. Comparing the leverage of a faction in a multiparty parliamentary system with a coalition government to the lack of leverage those same groups would have in a first past the post system is laughable.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
🧌. I do appreciate you finally just showing that you have no intention of thinking with depth. Comparing the leverage of a faction in a multiparty parliamentary system with a coalition government to the lack of leverage those same groups would have in a first past the post system is laughable.
This is quite the strawman. :why:

Let’s be clear, we do not operate in a parliamentary system. Constitutionally, it won’t happen.

So let’s focus our discussion on reality.

What additional leverage will the emergence of a viable third party have, in particular, with presidential elections in the US?

Bonus: what additional leverage will they have over a voting block like say, the teal party, or WFP, in Congress?

:cheers:

more snake 🐍 emojis when party leader AOC negotiated single payer healthcare for support in funding Israel

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What additional leverage will the emergence of a viable third party have, in particular, with presidential elections in the US?
Let me answer for you. @No1 :cheers:

What happens if no presidential candidate gets 270 electoral votes?​

If no candidate receives a majority of electoral votes, the Presidential election leaves the Electoral College process and moves to Congress.

The House of Representatives elects the President from the three (3) Presidential candidates who received the most electoral votes. Each State delegation has one vote and it is up to the individual States to determine how to vote. (Since the District of Columbia is not a State, it has no State delegation in the House and cannot vote). A candidate must receive at least 26 votes (a majority of the States) to be elected.

The Senate elects the Vice President from the two (2) Vice Presidential candidates with the most electoral votes. Each Senator casts one vote for Vice President. (Since the District of Columbia is not a State, it has no Senators so does not participate in the vote). A candidate must receive at least 51 votes (a majority of Senators) to be elected.

If the House of Representatives fails to elect a President by Inauguration Day, the Vice-President Elect serves as acting President until the deadlock is resolved in the House.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They know Biden won’t last another 4 years because he probably won’t but the bigger issue behind these complaints is that Kamala will be president. That shyt got them shytting bricks this country is so evil and racist
Biggest issue for me is folks wanting to override election results under the guise of protecting democracy :mjlol: