WHO WINS?

• Total voters

bnew

Veteran
Daps
God saved trump so he killed the firefighter instead. How that family still supports this guy is insane.

'It didn't have to happen': Wife of man killed at Trump rally struggles with loss​

2 days ago

Gary O'Donoghue

BBC Senior North America Correspondent

Reporting from

Butler, Pennsylvania

“I see it every time I close my eyes,” says widow of man killed at Trump rally

The wife of a former volunteer fire chief killed during July’s assassination attempt on Donald Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania, has told the BBC she is furious about the security failures that led to her husband’s killing by a rooftop gunman.

Corey Comperatore was shot dead after diving on members of his family to protect them as 20-year-old Thomas Crooks opened fire at the former president.

His wife Helen said she hasn’t been able to stop replaying the events of the day in her mind.

"I see it every time I close my eyes, and probably will for a long time" she said.

"I'm angry because there were a lot of mistakes made that day, and it didn't have to happen,” she added.

Helen Comperatore spoke exclusively to the BBC just days before Trump is set to return to Butler and the site of the shooting.

The home she shared with Corey in Sarver is less than 20 miles (32 km) from the Butler rally site, and close enough to the volunteer fire station where he worked for decades that when its sirens blare they can be easily heard.

Trump will hold a rally on Saturday on the same grounds where he was shot in the ear, before defiantly raising his fist and mouthing “Fight!’, in what has become a defining image of his campaign.

Multiple members of the Comperatore family will be Trump's guests at this weekend's rally, including Helen.

Corey Comperatore, 50, was killed in the July shooting and two other people suffered “life-changing” injuries: 57-year-old David Dutch and 74-year-old James Copenhaver.

A Secret Service internal review has since identified a litany of security failures that day, including poor planning and a communication breakdown.

Corey, who was an ardent supporter of the current Republican presidential candidate, had been excited for the July rally, his wife said.

"He just liked how [Trump] got things done, and that he wasn't a politician and he didn't talk like one."

She said they believe Trump understands the lives of people like them, in places like Butler, a working-class community just north of Pittsburgh.

Helen Comperatore Corey and Helen dancing at their wedding
Helen Comperatore

At the rally, the family ended up by happenstance in the bleachers between Trump and the shooter.

They'd taken time to eat beforehand and missed the opening to get a seat - to Corey's disappointment. But then a man came by and offered them a spot in the stands.

About six minutes into Trump’s speech, Crooks fired eight shots from a roof just outside the rally’s perimeter, one striking Trump’s right ear and one striking and killing Corey as he sheltered his family.

Helen Comperatore The Comperatore family, sitting outside. Corey and Helen with their daughters as young children
Helen Comperatore

In the months before her husband was killed, the couple spent every weekend on their boat.

"We loved that time together," Helen said.

"We talked about everything. We made a lot of future plans on that boat. I knew a lot about Corey and what his wishes were, if anything ever happened to him."

The couple had known one another their entire lives - they began attending school together as kindergartners.

She said her husband often appeared straight-faced and serious, but behind the façade was a deeply kind and caring man.

"As soon as he smiled, you knew he was a good, good man," she said.

"He did anything for his community. He loved his kids. His kids were everything to him."

His two daughters, Allyson and Kaylee, are nurses and struggling to get back to work while they grieve their dad, Helen said.

She said now the questions of "What would he want me to do? What would Corey do?" help guide her.

"It's definitely a struggle. I realised I always knew he took care of me, but I never realised just how much. I just miss him," she said.

Ros Atkins on… three questions about Trump assassination attempt

Corey Comperatore was honoured at the Republican National Convention (RNC) in July, with his helmet and coat displayed on stage as Trump spoke.

Helen said at the July rally, Corey had hoped - and joked - that Trump might call him on stage.

The family watched the RNC moment on television, after Trump told Helen about the planned tribute.

"And I just cried because I said he got his moment on stage with Trump," she said. "So, you know, it was kind of like a nice moment, but it was a sad moment at the same time."

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
No breh. She literally did nothing.

Yeah, you have no idea how she and administration used ceasefire. I will help you.

the bolded is why the plan was bullshyt and on top of that, Israel has nothing that keeps them at the table. That’s why people were protesting at the DNC. They wanted the US to exert leverage over Israel and they haven’t.

There is no critique of Israel in that statement. You are a smart dude, I think, please be honest with yourself. :unimpressed:
Cool, like I said, nothing is good enough for you. Be easy.

I just hope that you stay home rather than vote because it's unlikely you'll vote for Kamala :manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Cool, like I said, nothing is good enough for you. Be easy.

I just hope that you stay home rather than vote because it's unlikely you'll vote for Kamala :manny:
It seems voting is constantly a large emotional and mental struggle for him so for his mental health I agree he should just stay at home and let everyone else do the heavy lifting for him.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
As the group detailed Friday, its polling—first reported by Semafor—found:

• 1 in 4 Our Revolution members in swing states know progressives who are planning not to vote or to vote third party;
  • 3 in 4 of our swing state supporters believe Harris needs to get more specific on policy and do more interviews to clarify her positions to earn the votes of undecided people they know;
  • 80% say that celebrities coming out for Harris are unlikely to sway their undecided friends and neighbors;
  • 80% think the escalating war in the Middle East is a sign of trouble for the Harris campaign;
  • 2 out of 3 said they've received outreach from the Trump campaign—including grassroots Trump canvassers and door knockers, and they're being bombarded by Trump ads; and
  • 54% of Our Revolution swing state supporters report they're seeing more Trump signs than Harris signs in neighbors' yards.
:mjlol:

This is literally what these groups have been pushing then act surprised this is the behavior of their target audience.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Bouzy really thinks Kamala is gonna win Florida :mjlol:

And he’s going back and forth with the GOP Florida chair

GOP has more voters on Election Day. So I don’t see how Dems win.

I don't think dems will take Florida, but he's one of the best predictors out here. He's seeing something for sure.

Florida is nearing toss-up status as top Republican poll shows Trump’s lead nearly vanished​

Race and age of Florida respondents seemed to correlate with which candidate they supported​

Kelly Rissman

7 hours ago

Harris campaign launches ad blitz criticizing Trump over health care

Andrew Feinberg

White House Correspondent

Donald Trump’s lead in his home state of Florida has dwindled, putting it in play for Kamala Harris, a poll suggests.

The former president leads the vice president by just two percentage points in the Sunshine State, where he has his Mar-a-Lago residence, according to a Thursday survey by Napolitan News Service conducted by RMG Research, which has historically favored Republicans.

There appeared to be a stark age divide in the poll’s findings.

Harris dominated young Floridians, with 55 per cent of those polled supporting the Democratic nominee, compared to just 43 per cent supporting Trump. The former president leads significantly with the older crowd; more than half of those 65 and older — 53 per cent — expressed backing Trump compared to 44 per cent backing Harris.

Men and women were also split over the candidates, the survey shows. Harris garnered the support of 49 per cent of women respondents compared to 47 per cent who supported Trump, but the former president raked in 53 per cent of male participants while Harris earned 45 per cent.

The race of the participants revealed the biggest margins.

Vice President Kamala Harris speaks at a campaign event, Aug. 18, 2024, in Rochester, left, and Republican presidential nominee former President Donald Trump speaks during a campaign event, Aug. 19, 2024, in York. A recent poll suggests that Florida could be in play for Harris

Vice President Kamala Harris speaks at a campaign event, Aug. 18, 2024, in Rochester, left, and Republican presidential nominee former President Donald Trump speaks during a campaign event, Aug. 19, 2024, in York. A recent poll suggests that Florida could be in play for Harris (Copyright 2024 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

The majority of the poll’s Black respondents — 87 per cent — favored Harris compared to just 13 per cent who favored Trump. The vice president also earned the support of 60 per cent of Hispanic participants; Trump earned 37 per cent. The former president garnered 57 per cent of white respondents’ support compared to 39 per cent for Harris.

The survey’s narrow margin shows how much the political scene has changed since Harris entered the race in late July.

The GOP nominee was leading the state by nearly nine percentage points when Biden dropped out, FiveThirtyEight polling averages show. Harris has somewhat tightened the gap in a state that Trump won in 2020 by 3.3 percentage points.

Democratic National Committee chair Jaime Harrison told reporters in September he believes Harris “has a shot” in Florida. “I keep saying folks, they’re going to be surprised on election night about what happens in the state, that you can’t give up on Florida.”

The survey was conducted from September 25 to 27, before Hurricane Helene barrelled through, rampaging the state and its neighbors. It’s unclear how the storm could have impacted voters’ views.

Harris plans to visit North Carolina, which was also devastated by the hurricane, to survey the devastation. Trump had visited earlier in the week. There, he asserted the federal response included a “lousy treatment to North Carolina in particular.” This claim comes days after the former president posted a Truth Social post falsely accusing the Biden-Harris administration as well as the state’s Democratic Governor Roy Cooper of “going out of their way to not help people in Republican areas.”

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jill Stein has legit connections to Russia and failed to even call Putin a war criminal. Trump has ties to Putin and shouts out other dictators.

Kamala used the Cheney's to try to trim some margins in rural areas basically a " thanks for the vote" and you are in here claiming it's equivalent to what other candidates have done or continue to do.

These posts aren't serious. You just needed something to complain about today.
1. I’m not voting for Jill Stein

2. If you claim to be a Jedi, why are you whitewashing and embracing the Sith Lord? Do you not see how this works against her whole image of being the good guy?

Is power the only thing you lot care about? Well that makes you no better than the people you hate.

Daps
Bouzy really thinks Kamala is gonna win Florida :mjlol:

And he’s going back and forth with the GOP Florida chair

GOP has more voters on Election Day. So I don’t see how Dems win.

Its not improbable, just unlikely. Ramping up operations is funny though because its technically true, it went from almost no national presence to people popping by

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

Florida is nearing toss-up status as top Republican poll shows Trump’s lead nearly vanished​

Race and age of Florida respondents seemed to correlate with which candidate they supported​

Kelly Rissman

7 hours ago

Harris campaign launches ad blitz criticizing Trump over health care

Andrew Feinberg

White House Correspondent

Donald Trump’s lead in his home state of Florida has dwindled, putting it in play for Kamala Harris, a poll suggests.

The former president leads the vice president by just two percentage points in the Sunshine State, where he has his Mar-a-Lago residence, according to a Thursday survey by Napolitan News Service conducted by RMG Research, which has historically favored Republicans.

There appeared to be a stark age divide in the poll’s findings.

Harris dominated young Floridians, with 55 per cent of those polled supporting the Democratic nominee, compared to just 43 per cent supporting Trump. The former president leads significantly with the older crowd; more than half of those 65 and older — 53 per cent — expressed backing Trump compared to 44 per cent backing Harris.

Men and women were also split over the candidates, the survey shows. Harris garnered the support of 49 per cent of women respondents compared to 47 per cent who supported Trump, but the former president raked in 53 per cent of male participants while Harris earned 45 per cent.

The race of the participants revealed the biggest margins.

Vice President Kamala Harris speaks at a campaign event, Aug. 18, 2024, in Rochester, left, and Republican presidential nominee former President Donald Trump speaks during a campaign event, Aug. 19, 2024, in York. A recent poll suggests that Florida could be in play for Harris

Vice President Kamala Harris speaks at a campaign event, Aug. 18, 2024, in Rochester, left, and Republican presidential nominee former President Donald Trump speaks during a campaign event, Aug. 19, 2024, in York. A recent poll suggests that Florida could be in play for Harris (Copyright 2024 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

The majority of the poll’s Black respondents — 87 per cent — favored Harris compared to just 13 per cent who favored Trump. The vice president also earned the support of 60 per cent of Hispanic participants; Trump earned 37 per cent. The former president garnered 57 per cent of white respondents’ support compared to 39 per cent for Harris.

The survey’s narrow margin shows how much the political scene has changed since Harris entered the race in late July.

The GOP nominee was leading the state by nearly nine percentage points when Biden dropped out, FiveThirtyEightpolling averages show. Harris has somewhat tightened the gap in a state that Trump won in 2020 by 3.3 percentage points.

Democratic National Committee chair Jaime Harrison told reporters in September he believes Harris “has a shot” in Florida. “I keep saying folks, they’re going to be surprised on election night about what happens in the state, that you can’t give up on Florida.”

The survey was conducted from September 25 to 27, before Hurricane Helene barrelled through, rampaging the state and its neighbors. It’s unclear how the storm could have impacted voters’ views.

Harris plans to visit North Carolina, which was also devastated by the hurricane, to survey the devastation. Trump had visited earlier in the week. There, he asserted the federal response included a “lousy treatment to North Carolina in particular.” This claim comes days after the former president posted a Truth Social post falsely accusing the Biden-Harris administration as well as the state’s Democratic Governor Roy Cooper of “going out of their way to not help people in Republican areas.”
I would be (pleasantly) shocked if Kamala won Florida or came close.

Daps
:dahell:

anyway, i'll shut up when this party stops pretending to believe things they don't actually believe, for their bizarre inverse version of owning the libs :mjlol:

in 10 years, we went from "i'm a democrat :obama:" to "i'm a democrat :dame:" . it's a goddamn shame

im voting for gary johnson, and im done with the democratic party after this election

:mjlol: "We"

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The people in this thread aren’t aware that the US is violating its own laws to support Israel’s insanity. They don’t want to admit that they don’t care about those people.

No, they're aware.

It's a toxic mix of
  • Bush era Islamophobia (our resident Clyburn staff aspirant admitted to not getting over "a Hezbollah cell being discovered in NC")
  • A misplaced sense of pragmatism (supporting Israel "helps Democrats" and advances black people's prospects here in America :mjlol:)
  • Sticking it to the annoying left (the guy kicked in the head falls here)
Again, they know what it is. A lot of people do. And the cruelty is the point, not a byproduct.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Is power the only thing you lot care about?
They don’t care about power. They just want to win. This is literally like sports to them.

They don’t care what policy these candidates implement. They don’t know or care how it impacts people. Just win and see you in two or four years so we can do it again.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
They don’t care about power. They just want to win. This is literally like sports to them.

They don’t care what policy these candidates implement. They don’t know or care how it impacts people. Just win and see you in two or four years so we can do it again.
That’s how republicans do their politics and that’s why they get what they want despite having deeply unpopular positions. If the entire democratic base was focused on winning America would be a lot more left than it is now.

Unfortunately we have children like you who need things to be pure in order to vote when the hillbillies will show up to vote red regardless.