WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Let's face it we always knew these people existed but until Trump came around it was always nice to think that they weren't around.

They were relegated to some network that you never had to hear or could just tune out.

Now we all got front row seat tickets to the freak show 24/7

This can't end soon enough so they can go back to the bottom of the earth from which they came

I take it back - it was Palin who opened this door.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's face it we always knew these people existed but until Trump came around it was always nice to think that they weren't around.

They were relegated to some network that you never had to hear or could just tune out.

Now we all got front row seat tickets to the freak show 24/7

This can't end soon enough so they can go back to the bottom of the earth from which they came

I take it back - it was Palin who opened this door.
That would be John Mccain.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
That would be John Mccain.

I'm not saying give him a pass at all he was responsible for this. But I think he got terrible advise and trusted the wrong people's opinions.

I disagreed with a lot of his policies but I don't think he willingly unleashed this woman on us.

I think he tried to neutralize the momentum of the black vote by getting a woman and instead of an Olympia Snow or of that ilk, they shot for the moon and crash landed.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/4
CBS News poll: Voters overwhelmingly want medication abortions to be available and overwhelmingly (and correctly) expect that Trump will restrict access to them if he is elected.

2/4
“Prohibit” or “criminalize”, not “restrict”. So tired of this

3/4
Yo Geoff! We ain’t going back to those weirdos running shyt! Hope that clears it up

4/4

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GVRurXiWMAAs3uU.jpg

GVRwhYOXcAE_4Wf.jpg

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I'm not saying give him a pass at all he was responsible for this. But I think he got terrible advise and trusted the wrong people's opinions.

I disagreed with a lot of his policies but I don't think he willingly unleashed this woman on us.

I think he tried to neutralize the momentum of the black vote by getting a woman and instead of an Olympia Snow or of that ilk, they shot for the moon and crash landed.
The majority wanted to suppress black vote far longer period than not when you look at the history. Country been rotten to the core and that takes a long time to unrot:yeshrug:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/2
Smart and self-reflective point from @jbarro here: centrists like to chide the left for not tolerating Dems pandering to the center, but they should also be okay with Dems doing a bit of economic populism when it's more popular than the unpopular economic things centrists want:

2/2
Link here: I Said Democrats Should Pander More, and Kamala Is Delivering (h/t @huzzahmpls)

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GVEJCkfWwAAzVNy.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/11
Democrats are NOT left of center and believing this is political Stockholm syndrome.

Our “far-left” (Bernie/Squad) are firmly centrist when compared to the rest of the world’s liberal democracies.

Universal healthcare, for example, is a purely centrist position everywhere else.

2/11
Basic social programs to prevent mass death, poverty, and starvation are what the rest of the world rightly understands as the most basic functions of a government.

The U.S. is an oligarchy with a singular mission to maintain the world economy at any human cost.

Grow up pls.

3/11
Dems certainly lean left, towards the center, but they also emphatically support the oligarchy and corporatism at the expense of workers, because the fundamental Dem belief is that a “better economy” helps everybody, even if that economy is foundationally anti-labor.

4/11
very weak shyt

5/11
Seriously though, if we had a far-left party in this country, it would be advocating for forced property seizure and a 100% wealth tax.

Our “far-left” goals are for citizens not to die in medical poverty, and for our children to be able to eat lunch every day.

Come on.

6/11
Like, for the love of God grow the fukk up.

7/11
You have a child’s understanding of politics. If Bernie’s such a centrist why do none of the centrists like him? The dude went on a damn honeymoon tour in a communist country and praised its dictator.

8/11
Because they're right-wing you fukking dunce, read the thread using more than once braincell.

9/11
Jules this is the same singular misleading outlier example you guys always use. If you actually make a fair effort to look across issues without rigging the comparison there's no clear way to place America as clearly more rightist or leftist than the rest of the developed world.

10/11
Really? Find me a center-right party in Europe that is half as progressive on Social Issues and LGBTQ+ rights as the Democratic Party?

11/11
The vast majority of other countries' "universal healthcare" programs look almost exactly like ours, not like Medicare-for-All.

GVODVAWXIAAbPw4.jpg

GVODoEIWQAAhhAu.jpg

GVOHIUJWcAAX36a.jpg