WHO WINS?

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You sure about that? Mans was wild juelzing after the 22 elections when he was on that red wave shyt

Was he? I only seek out his posts when it's election season and it's usually strictly about what he sees in the data and how it extrapolates in certain areas, etc... he's typically one to follow when early voting begins

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Re: Kamala not doing any interviews/pressers/policy statements

it does feel antithetical to a functioning democracy at a glance (that's how I felt when I started typing) but now, I think it makes more sense when her campaign is framed more as continuation/2nd term of the Biden administration as opposed to a completely new direction.

I heard somewhere that since the vast majority of the Democratic party are aligned on abortion protection et al, she can present herself as a generic democrat and doesn't need to speak on new policy as much as protecting existing policy.

The only stumble she's made (imo) over the last month is her unscripted response to protesters in Michigan so I will say I'm a bit more anxious about how she reacts in the debate than I initially expected. I will say that the longer she waits to do unscripted interviews et al, the bigger the potential impact if she bombs a la Biden.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think it's because he was convicted in NY, he can still vote in FL.

that wouldn't make sense but maybe since it's Florida

Still crazy that they had referendum and felons won their rights back and DeSantis did everything possible to prevent them voting

looks like he's likely illegally voted and NYS should go and get him but maybe a gray area since he hasn't been sentenced

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
She should do high profile interivews with serious people. (60 minutes, Network Nightly news etc).

Press conferences i've always complained are a shyt show. Reporters yelling questions that the viewer can't hear, no follow ups because the next reporter is going to ask a totally unrelated question, gotcha questions etc.

It's such a bizzare way to get information to the public.

yeah, I agree. It's an institutional thing about journalism and the free press, but who does it benefit? My Dad was in the that game and he'll always say "wel that's the way it always has been" but it's enough of that. They are looking for stumbles and news clips and framing incomplete answers. it's really kind of a joke. Why would someone need to do get questions yelled at them, and then be beholden to whatever answer they manage to get off, and then take another totally different question right after?

I am calm under pressure and have an excellent memory but if I was trying to accurately answer complex questions being shouted at me.....I would stumble too. and what it leads to do is the kind of stock DC answers that the public hate, "well let me just say, we are focused on using every resource to fight drug cartels"

but it has nothing to do with how you perform in office. Like debates are the same.

here's how the press will do it:

Question: what do you say to the families who say you haven't done enough to stem the flow of fentanyl into the US and preventing overdose deaths?

Real Answer: My heart is with the families. My heart is with everyone who has faced that devastating loss. Look, the border is complicated. The border requires diplomatic relationships with Mexican leadership, and it's strained sometimes. We are trying to disrupt the flow of narcotics, that are transhipped through two different countries, and different continents. And the politics in Mexico are....complicated. We can't operate with impunity in a foregen country, even if we fund much of their counter narcotics operations.

Headline: President says to families: preventing overdose deaths is 'complicated'

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Anyone else catch the NYT trying to attack Biden with Hunter all week?
There's no need to shoot the messenger.
  1. They are covering the news because Hunter tried to do something questionable at best and the administration had the wherewithal to make sure it was going through the proper channels
  2. If they were trying to bury Democrats, they'd be going after Kamala, no?
We can be pro-Democrat while still calling out when things seem sus.