WHO WINS?

• Total voters

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Look, I'm not in favor of Shapiro, I'm a Walz guy. I just don't see how the Shapiro allegations would push people towards voting for Mr. Grab 'Em by the P*ssy and an incel condemning childless women.

So explain that to me, I'm all ears
You wouldn’t understand because you are beholden to the dem corporate echo chamber and a loyal blue maga blue shirt

-horseshoe gang, affiliate of pink MAGA

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Y’all are not serous man

Compare Shapiro’s record with public schools and anti genocide protesters to republicans
Luckily he can’t vote so all he can do is try to influence American electoral politics from the safety of his VPN. Similar to how he tried years ago to convince black Americans Donald Trump was in our best interest.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Look, I'm not in favor of Shapiro, I'm a Walz guy. I just don't see how the Shapiro allegations would push people towards voting for Mr. Grab 'Em by the P*ssy and an incel condemning childless women.

When are we going have a conversation about Shapiro being an Obama clone.

Dude literally mirrored his cadence and copied his style.

@No1

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
@MushroomX isnt worried so I’m not worried.

FOXCONN

960x640.jpg

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

The mistake people keep making is thinking that America has a mandatory voting system where everyone in the country is forced at gunpoint to choose between the two major party candidates. The real metric to watch is voter turnout and enthusiasm. Pissing off key institutions in your coalition like labor and teachers unions just makes it harder to build the unity and excitement needed to win the election. That doesn't mean picking Shapiro would sink the campaign, I don't know anyone here who is saying that. The one correct thing Trump said yesterday was that the VP selection historically has had minimal impact on the election results. So might as well go with the guy who will be bringing good progressive instincts, ideology and history into the room when President Harris is making decisions.

Daps

I think the concern is the potential to depress the vote. I feel like this is an artificial convo though because Harris has so many options without stink attached to them, she's not going to do something stupid when she's so close to the goal. That and Shapiro is more valuable where hes at. Its just the Dems in Disaray trope the media needs to fuel doomwatching of the 24/7 cycle

Also not directed at you but the fact Moderate vs Progressive wars in HL rage on is :mjlol:Malia Obama gonna be up against Barron Trump and Coli brehs will be arguing about grandma AOC not providing a convincing enough endorsement or path to citizenship for fish people vs anti-wet fin laws. These convos do matter but we tend not to discuss them in productive ways

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some of you are putting too much faith in white women again :mjpls:

But for everyone else, it's not about pushing people *towards* voting for Trump; it's about getting them to show up and vote at all.

One of the biggest appeals Democrats have right now is the GOP attacking women's rights, safety and autonomy, so why would you risk alienating them and going with a VP who covered up the sexual harassment of one of his women staffers.

Plus the campaign needs to regain trust among disillusioned swing state voters who believe Kamala will continue Biden's enabling of the genocide in Gaza. So you want her to take the political risk of picking a VP who's a staunch zionist  and covered up a sexual harassment case :francis:

Momentum is on Kamala's side, but this race is nowhere near over, and both parties think the election will be very close.

King Kreole

Daps
So someone in Shapiro’s office allegedly harassed someone they then settled with the alleged victim? What should they have done say we don’t believe you and take it to court?:mjlol: Some of y’all are ridiculous.
That's not the full story, Shapiro was getting heat from women lawmakers in both parties because he's been super cagey and opaque about this whole incident, and allegedly said it's a great thing they've been able to keep this secret.

If Shapiro was the only good choice Kamala had that would be one thing, but there are multiple options just as good, if not better, than Shapiro that don't have this albatross hanging around their neck. Why even risk it?

King Kreole

Daps
Luckily he can’t vote so all he can do is try to influence American electoral politics from the safety of his VPN. Similar to how he tried years ago to convince black Americans Donald Trump was in our best interest.
:mjlol:
s-l400.jpg

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But for everyone else, it's not about pushing people *towards* voting for Trump; it's about getting them to show up and vote at all.

One of the biggest appeals Democrats have right now is the GOP attacking women's rights, safety and autonomy, so why would you risk alienating them and going with a VP who covered up the sexual harassment of one of his women staffers.

Plus the campaign needs to regain trust among disillusioned swing state voters who believe Kamala will continue Biden's enabling of the genocide in Gaza. So you want her to take the political risk of picking a VP who's a staunch zionist  and covered up a sexual harassment case :francis:

Momentum is on Kamala's side, but this race is nowhere near over, and both parties think the election will be very close.

I don't disagree, though my gut feeling is the election is going to be less close than we fear. I see Kamala at least doing Biden 2020 numbers, maybe give or take (emphasis on give) a state.

All that said, I'm not buying the tacit argument that Shapiro is such a toxic candidate he would disway people voting from Kamala in any significant way. I don't think he's the optimal VP pick for the reasons mentioned. In my mind Walz has the most pro's and least con's, but each candidate has their nuances