WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Hillary lost because she ignored the midwest because neoliberal ideology made it a no-go zone. The point being made by the article and tweets @FAH1223 posted is that ideology influences strategy. Hillary and the neoliberals are anti-tariffs because they are roadbumps on the Globalization highway and inhibit the free flow of goods and money out of the pockets of domestic workers into the pockets of multinational corporations.

Neoliberalism is a turnout-depressing ideology in the places where it matters. Economic populism is a turnout-juicing ideology. If Kamala fills her team with neoliberals, she will not be able to credibly make the arguments that resonate most with the most electorally-valuable voters. She should loudly advocate that she plans to keep the populist Biden tariffs and economic agenda in place to neutralize Trump's economic populist appeal.
I agree if Kamala governs like a milquetoast neoliberal then the next Trump will be waiting in the wings to run in 4-8 years and he’ll probably more intelligent and fascist than Trump too.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
If the average voter was policy wonks and cared about nuance, Trump wouldn’t be a thing.
Trump saying "China took your jobs! Democrats moved your plant to Mexico! I'm going to punish both with tariffs!" is policy. It may not be highly nuanced, but it's policy, and it resonated with a lot of people. Neoliberals like to frame it as though the only possible Democratic response to this is a 2000 page white paper because they know they're actually guilty and their ideology prevents using the actual tools to fix this. So they just abandon those voters. Bernie and Biden had a much better response because they weren't beholden to neoliberal economics and could use the attack line "I'll use tariffs to fight back!". Kamala should continue Biden's approach of leaving the neoliberal wonkery behind and picking up the economic populist weapons like tariffs.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
4 hottest days ever observed raise fears of a planet nearing ‘tipping points’
We are fukked and almost half the voters think the guy who downplays this and wants to speed into oblivion at 100mph is a good choice.
since the republican belief is now that childless people shouldn't be running for office and deciding our future because they don't have skin in the game. old people shouldn't be deciding climate policy when they're going to be dead in 10 years.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Here’s why this is a problem for Kamala

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
since the republican belief is now that childless people shouldn't be running for office and deciding our future because they don't have skin in the game. old people shouldn't be deciding climate policy when they're going to be dead in 10 years.
People have absolutely no idea how bad it will get. The disruption to food chain alone will be bad. Even now breadbaskets report crop failures
Poland
France
Italy

Its gonna get A LOT worse and no timey wimey mcguffin shyt these tech bros and their sycophants keep grifting is on is coming. Only solid policy. And thats just one of the many clusterfukks we're gonna face.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be prepared and this is something I've been worried about too.

Gonna be alot harder to do that when you’re not currently in the White House

I know republicans talk a good game but at the end of the day that would turn this country into the biggest sh1tshow we’ve ever seen in terms of chaos 100x worse then Jan6

I don’t think most people at the end of the day want to take it to that extent I pray not anyway

I do think Trump will say it’s rigged and try to do the same thing as last time I just can’t see something like the swing states not certifying the results or some sh1t

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hillary lost because she ignored the midwest because neoliberal ideology made it a no-go zone. The point being made by the article and tweets @FAH1223 posted is that ideology influences strategy. Hillary and the neoliberals are anti-tariffs because they are roadbumps on the Globalization highway and inhibit the free flow of goods and money out of the pockets of domestic workers into the pockets of multinational corporations.

Neoliberalism is a turnout-depressing ideology in the places where it matters. Economic populism is a turnout-juicing ideology. If Kamala fills her team with neoliberals, she will not be able to credibly make the arguments that resonate most with the most electorally-valuable voters. She should loudly advocate that she plans to keep the populist Biden tariffs and economic agenda in place to neutralize Trump's economic populist appeal.
:dead:

Anti-tariff sentiment has been a pretty standard approach to liberal and conservative economic policy for decades if not longer. Protectionism isn't good. Trump's tariffs did not work and increased costs on Americans, which always happens when they are implemented. They should be removed, but I doubt Kamala has the political will to do it. Or at least, she won't commit to doing it before the election.

Hillary ignored the Midwest because she assumed that blue wall (MI/MN/WI) was secure and she decided to camp out in states she felt were more competitive. Flip side Trump was heavily investing the the Midwest and made multiple appearances. Which is ironic because now both candidates are blitzing the Midwest, but Trump has no campaign offices there. I will argue that the lack of ground game and the early voting infrastructure in WI/MI, alongside governors/Sec of States intent on ensuring all the votes are counted.

The other massive Hillary problem was that her campaign manager allowed her disdain for retail politics to bleed into scheduling. For all the grief some people here give Obama he was 100% right about district campaigning during a general election: you have to go out and let people see you, even areas you aren't going to win, because losing by 15% in a red district is a lot different than losing by 30% in a count/math game. If you look at Hillary's district and county numbers she got blasted by 30-40% throughout the Midwest and other areas. That's what happens when you only campaign in major cities. I doubt we see a dem candidate run a worse campaign than Hillary in our lifetimes.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree if Kamala governs like a milquetoast neoliberal then the next Trump will be waiting in the wings to run in 4-8 years and he’ll probably more intelligent and fascist than Trump too.
there is no "next trump". he is/was a unique sociopath like we've never seen. like a perfect storm of republican base appeal and horrible personal qualities, wrapped up in that bullshyt "we need a businessman" package

vivek is actually the closest i've seen, but he's indian :mjlol: he'll never, ever win a GOP primary