WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Gonna be alot harder to do that when you’re not currently in the White House

I know republicans talk a good game but at the end of the day that would turn this country into the biggest sh1tshow we’ve ever seen in terms of chaos 100x worse then Jan6

I don’t think most people at the end of the day want to take it to that extent I pray not anyway

I do think Trump will say it’s rigged and try to do the same thing as last time I just can’t see something like the swing states not certifying the results or some sh1t
If Marc Elias is saying it, it's probably gonna happen.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
there is no "next trump". he is/was a unique sociopath like we've never seen. like a perfect storm of republican base appeal and horrible personal qualities, wrapped up in that bullshyt "we need a businessman" package

vivek is actually the closest i've seen, but he's indian :mjlol: he'll never, ever win a GOP primary
Vivik really thinks he's part of the good ol cac club:russ: I know he wakes up depressed that his skin doesn't match napkins

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there is no "next trump". he is/was a unique sociopath like we've never seen. like a perfect storm of republican base appeal and horrible personal qualities, wrapped up in that bullshyt "we need a businessman" package

vivek is actually the closest i've seen, but he's indian :mjlol: he'll never, ever win a GOP primary

Yeah nobody else has Trumps charisma or cult of personality to pull it off

They’re all duds which is why Trump steamrolls them in the primaries

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All that matters is if it happens in battleground states. Thankfully the blue wall is dem ran. Whitmer nessel and benson ain’t letting that bullshyt fly in the mitten
the fukkin AZ, WI, and PA(?) legislatures are all republican ran, though :snoop: trump's definitely already talking to them

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Gonna be alot harder to do that when you’re not currently in the White House

I know republicans talk a good game but at the end of the day that would turn this country into the biggest sh1tshow we’ve ever seen in terms of chaos 100x worse then Jan6

I don’t think most people at the end of the day want to take it to that extent I pray not anyway

I do think Trump will say it’s rigged and try to do the same thing as last time I just can’t see something like the swing states not certifying the results or some sh1t

This is my view as well but it's not going to stop them from attempting to subvert the election. I assume the plan is to refuse to certify multiple states, send alternate electors to the House on January 6th, ensure nobody gets to 270 and then try to decide the election via a House vote. Will it work? No. Also worth noting that if Kamala wins, she will preside over the January 6th certification process and that's gonna further radicalize these people.

Trump is barely spending jack shyt on ground game (offices, staff, etc), and instead is pouring large amounts of his money into lawyers. Once early vote batches start getting added to totals in PA/MI/WI, the lawsuits will fly attempting to halt counts. They'll be dismissed, just like in 2020, and he will try to appeal to the Supreme Court. Basically if the election is close enough they might get away with stealing it, similar to 2000. But that would require one state, preferably controlled by a republican governor. I just don't see that happening. If this comes down to one state it's gonna be somewhere in the Midwest IMO. Whitmer/Evers/Shapiro will ensure everything is counted. Those states also passed laws that allow ballots to be opened/counted earlier in the day. One issue with 2020 was that early ballots could not legally be counted until after polls closed to election day, ie around 7-8PM. That led to the early morning vote dumps we saw.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is my view as well but it's not going to stop them from attempting to subvert the election. I assume the plan is to refuse to certify multiple states, send alternate electors to the House on January 6th, ensure nobody gets to 270 and then try to decide the election via a House vote. Will it work? No. Also worth noting that if Kamala wins, she will preside over the January 6th certification process and that's gonna further radicalize these people.

Trump is barely spending jack shyt on ground game (offices, staff, etc), and instead is pouring large amounts of his money into lawyers. Once early vote batches start getting added to totals in PA/MI/WI, the lawsuits will fly attempting to halt counts. They'll be dismissed, just like in 2020, and he will try to appeal to the Supreme Court. Basically if the election is close enough they might get away with stealing it, similar to 2000. But that would require one state, preferably controlled by a republican governor. I just don't see that happening. If this comes down to one state it's gonna be somewhere in the Midwest IMO. Whitmer/Evers/Shapiro will ensure everything is counted. Those states also passed laws that allow ballots to be opened/counted earlier in the day. One issue with 2020 was that early ballots could not legally be counted until after polls closed to election day, ie around 7-8PM. That led to the early morning vote dumps we saw.

Agreed

Also everything you mentioned Trump has done recently or hasn’t done is the actions of someone who doesn’t think he’s gonna win the election outright

I wonder if his internal polling changed drastically this past week

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Yep. That’s big. Repubs were big mad about this. Makes no sense to have them sitting there all day.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Harris has to push new polices/some kind of messaging for domestic labor. For regular workers. The Trump stuff....the prosecutor stuff....that's for the MSNBC crowd. But she has a chance to get younger voters and swing state voters if she really starts talking labor policy and kitchen table subjects.

I would agree with criticism that the Democracts haven't been good at this messaging or policy in a long time. Voters my age and younger, who aren't politics junkies, are burned out from hearing and caring about Trump all the time.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
:dead:

Anti-tariff sentiment has been a pretty standard approach to liberal and conservative economic policy for decades if not longer. Protectionism isn't good. Trump's tariffs did not work and increased costs on Americans, which always happens when they are implemented. They should be removed, but I doubt Kamala has the political will to do it. Or at least, she won't commit to doing it before the election.

Hillary ignored the Midwest because she assumed that blue wall (MI/MN/WI) was secure and she decided to camp out in states she felt were more competitive. Flip side Trump was heavily investing the the Midwest and made multiple appearances. Which is ironic because now both candidates are blitzing the Midwest, but Trump has no campaign offices there. I will argue that the lack of ground game and the early voting infrastructure in WI/MI, alongside governors/Sec of States intent on ensuring all the votes are counted.

The other massive Hillary problem was that her campaign manager allowed her disdain for retail politics to bleed into scheduling. For all the grief some people here give Obama he was 100% right about district campaigning during a general election: you have to go out and let people see you, even areas you aren't going to win, because losing by 15% in a red district is a lot different than losing by 30% in a count/math game. If you look at Hillary's district and county numbers she got blasted by 30-40% throughout the Midwest and other areas. That's what happens when you only campaign in major cities. I doubt we see a dem candidate run a worse campaign than Hillary in our lifetimes.
I mean, anti-tariff sentiment has been a thing for hundreds of years across many different circumstances. I don't think one can say tariffs or Protectionism are "good" or "bad", they're just tools and approaches that are context dependant. Applying tariffs to an economically or militarily hostile nation profiting off of a trade or economic imbalance is much more reasonable approach than applying tariffs to a friendly nation with whom a mutually beneficial trade equilibrium has been struck. The question is, do you believe China currently qualifies as the former or the latter. Trump, Bernie and Biden all agree that it's the former because as nationalists/populists their primary stakeholder is the American worker who has been harmed by neoliberal free trade policies. Neoliberals like Obama and Clinton believe China can be contained and kept in a friendly cage because as globalists their primary stakeholder are the private market and MNCs for whom free flowing global trade is essential profit-generating lifeblood.

I don't think Hillary Clinton was so stupid as to not know the Democrats had been bleeding Midwest support for the entirety of the Obama era as they felt the effects of neoliberal policies. She just had no good message there because she was a Neoliberal. What was Hillary going to say to communities that had been eviscerated by free trade policies? Learn to code? Neoliberal Democrats made the decision to trade Rust Belt communities for running up the score in coastal areas that benefit from free trade and globalization. It was a deliberate decision and strategy. That disdain for retail politics you mention is a feature, not a bug. Neoliberalism has nothing to say or offer to these people, they play at stadium elevation in major cities as you mention, not door to door. If Kamala comes in and tries to tell people that unlike Biden she believes China is a friend and she would reinstitute NAFTA she will get dropped on her head in these places.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn