WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I'm being honest any normal president would have given an emergency impromptu press briefing immediately after the SCOTUS decision. This is why I'm on the side that Biden should step down. Where is Dem leadership? An obvious coup is taking place and SCOTUS is laying the groundwork for Trump to be a dictator. This is an emergency if there ever was one.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
As long as Trump is alive, there's no course correcting from Trump since Republicans decided to become a cult of personality vs. a political party capable of governing.
My point was just that Biden was more or less pitched in 2020 as being a 4-year president to help save us from the crisis of Trump and Covid, and no one really wanted 8 years of Biden back then.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to four people who regularly talk to Biden, all of whom asked for anonymity to discuss internal campaign matters, it is virtually inconceivable that he will run for reelection in 2024, when he would be the first octogenarian president.
“If Biden is elected,” a prominent adviser to the campaign said, “he’s going to be 82 years old in four years and he won’t be running for reelection.”
:mjlol:

and all he had to do was just fukking announce it right after the '22 midterms :snoop: he wouldn't have been a "lame duck". he would have gotten an outpouring of goodwill from the country, drawing a major contrast to the selfishness of trump. newsom could have beat kamala in a real primary, decided by the voters

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:childplease::camby:

i don't wanna hear about biden's fukking stutter ever again. if we're sticking with him, fine, and i'll vote for him. but don't insult my intelligence

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My point was just that Biden was more or less pitched in 2020 as being a 4-year president to help save us from the crisis of Trump and Covid, and no one really wanted 8 years of Biden back then.

“Lemme tell you something,” Mr. Biden says, with a clenched jaw. “There’s a river of power that flows through this country. . . . Some people—most people—don’t even know the river is there. But it’s there. Some people know about the river, but they can’t get in . . . they only stand at the edge. And some people, a few, get to swim in the river. All the time. They get to swim their whole lives . . . in the river of power. And that river flows from the Ivy League.”

A lot of hungers, resentments and future actions were embedded in that speech by Joe Biden, Syracuse Law, class of ’68. They aren’t the words of an unsophisticated man but of a man who wanted things—houses, power, the glittering prizes—and who can’t always be talked out of them.
In insisting on running he is making a historical mistake. Second terms are disaster sites, always now. He isn’t up to it; it will cloud what his supporters believe is a fine legacy and allow the Kamala Harris problem to fester and grow. She is proof that profound and generational party dominance in a state tends to yield mediocrity. Politicians from one-party states never learn broadness. They speak only Party Language to Party Folk. They aren’t forced to develop policy mastery, only party dynamics. They rely on personal charm but are superficial. Going national requires developing more depth, or at least imitating depth. She didn’t bother to do that.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I read that on September 14th 2023. Remember it vividly, on a train up the coast of So Cal to go to dinner, and this one struck me.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

:snoop: Biden's ego is really about to get us another Trump term :snoop:

If the election goes as badly as it could, there really needs to be a movement to get older Democrats to retire. I don't want to sound like an ageist but I'm tired of these old motherfukkers causing disastrous outcomes just becuase they're narcissists and refuse to retire and let go of power.

All of this could've been avoided if Biden had just stepped down. Whoever would win the primary (probably not Kamala) would be in a way better position.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the election goes as badly as it could, there really needs to be a movement to get older Democrats to retire.
oh, that 26 primary season will be a thorough house-cleaning. the revenge of the millennials :wow:

Last edited: