WHO WINS?

• Total voters

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The polls have been more wrong than right in recent elections. Honestly I still think the media is playing up the Horse Race angle. If Biden was convicted during a Presidential run the entire Media would be saying he has to drop out immediately. I mean some in the Media are saying Biden should drop out for his Age yet a Convicted Felon can keep running? Ok. The GOP is out of their minds if they think a MAJORITY of Americans are going to give him a pass for his conviction. A lot of Americans don't pay attention to the day to day politics of Washington. But they paid attention to "Guilty on 34 Cournts". They will pay attention to Sentencing too.
Facts

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The polls have been more wrong than right in recent elections. Honestly I still think the media is playing up the Horse Race angle. If Biden was convicted during a Presidential run the entire Media would be saying he has to drop out immediately. I mean some in the Media are saying Biden should drop out for his Age yet a Convicted Felon can keep running? Ok. The GOP is out of their minds if they think a MAJORITY of Americans are going to give him a pass for his conviction. A lot of Americans don't pay attention to the day to day politics of Washington. But they paid attention to "Guilty on 34 Cournts". They will pay attention to Sentencing too.

The focus of the media on the "horse race" is idiotic, but I don't get this downplaying of the polls. In every election that has involved Trump, his actual support has been STRONGER than the polls, not weaker. And that includes the election that was mostly mail-in which was supposed to favor Dems (and probably did).

Y'all want this to be about Trump personally, but most elections have revolved around the economy, and the American public's perception of the economy is shyt right now. On top of that, Biden is the single worse candidate of my lifetime, a fuddy octogenarian who wasn't a good campaigner even when he was young, who lost every presidential election he had participated in badly until the DNC swooped in to save him on his 3rd try, and who barely beat Trump by less than 20,000 votes in three states even though he had the advantages of Trump fukking up a pandemic, BLM momentum, mail-in voting, and not having to campaign.

Biden has worse approval ratings right now than any president who has ever won reelection. If we go by historical precedent, Biden is a serious underdog.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
The focus of the media on the "horse race" is idiotic, but I don't get this downplaying of the polls. In every election that has involved Trump, his actual support has been STRONGER than the polls, not weaker. And that includes the election that was mostly mail-in which was supposed to favor Dems (and probably did).

Y'all want this to be about Trump personally, but most elections have revolved around the economy, and the American public's perception of the economy is shyt right now. On top of that, Biden is the single worse candidate of my lifetime, a fuddy octogenarian who wasn't a good campaigner even when he was young, who lost every presidential election he had participated in badly until the DNC swooped in to save him on his 3rd try, and who barely beat Trump by less than 20,000 votes in three states even though he had the advantages of Trump fukking up a pandemic, BLM momentum, mail-in voting, and not having to campaign.

Biden has worse approval ratings right now than any president who has ever won reelection. If we go by historical precedent, Biden is a serious underdog.
Every election since 2016 has involved Trump and he has underperformed each cycle.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I can't take this particular statement seriously when the Man he's running against had 34 Felony Convictions Multiple Felony Charges, Participated in Jan 6 and has multiple impeachments. I don't care if Biden is 1,000 years old, he doesn't have the negatives Trump has. Also Trump is 3 years younger and ain't even mentally sharp either. Also why are you acting like Trump didn't "Barely" beat Hillary and lost the Popular vote twice and he got blown out in the Electoral College against Biden? The same thing you are saying about Biden, I can name 30 more things that make Trump a worst candidate. Also the Media has a long history of "Horse Race' political coverage like it's a damn sporting event for ratings. They love Trump for ratings purposes. Also the Polls have been wrong in multiple election cycles.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
We can all pack it up it, folks. This race is already called. @BigMoneyGrip knows we got this one in the bag so we can all stop worrying about swing states and independant voters. Biden has it locked. :blessed:
“We” implies you want Joe Biden to win, which we know is false. So no, “we” don’t got it in the bag.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I can't take this particular statement seriously when the Man he's running against had 34 Felony Convictions Multiple Felony Charges, Participated in Jan 6 and has multiple impeachments. I don't care if Biden is 1,000 years old, he doesn't have the negatives Trump has. Also Trump is 3 years younger and ain't even mentally sharp either. Also why are you acting like Trump didn't "Barely" beat Hillary and lost the Popular vote twice and he got blown out in the Electoral College against Biden? The same thing you are saying about Biden, I can name 30 more things that make Trump a worst candidate. Also the Media has a long history of "Horse Race' political coverage like it's a damn sporting event for ratings. They love Trump for ratings purposes. Also the Polls have been wrong in multiple election cycles.
:ohhh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I can't take this particular statement seriously when the Man he's running against had 34 Felony Convictions Multiple Felony Charges, Participated in Jan 6 and has multiple impeachments. I don't care if Biden is 1,000 years old, he doesn't have the negatives Trump has.

You're arguing subjectively, not objectively. You "feel" those issues should hurt Trump more, but you can't show that's the case.

Also Trump is 3 years younger and ain't even mentally sharp either.

Biden is a stutterer and doesn't have the physical or verbal presence that Trump has. Fair or not, Biden looks awful in public (as he only has, it's just getting worse) and Trump looks good even when he sounds like an idiot. A substantial proportion of Biden voters still cringe when Biden appears in public and say he's too old for office. Far fewer Trump supporters feel the same way.

Also why are you acting like Trump didn't "Barely" beat Hillary and lost the Popular vote twice and he got blown out in the Electoral College against Biden?

It's absolutely bizarre that you claim Trump "barely" beat Hillary and then say that he got "blown out in the Electoral College" against Biden. Trump won in 2016 by a larger margin that Biden won in 2020.

Trump won by three states - Michigan (0.2% or 11,000 votes), Pennsylvania (0.7% or 44,000 votes) and Wisconsin (0.8% or 23,000 votes). In other words, Hillary needed ~80,000 more votes in three different states, and nearly 1% shift in two of those states.

Biden also won by three states - Georgia (0.2% or 12,000 votes), Arizona (0.3% or 10,000 votes), and Wisconsin (0.7% or 21,000 votes). So Trump only needed ~44,000 votes to defeat Biden, and only one state was more than a 0.3% shift away.

The 2020 election was objectively closer than the 2016 election. Claiming otherwise is pure partisanship.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
“We” implies you want Joe Biden to win, which we know is false. So no, “we” don’t got it in the bag.
Got any posts from me you'd like to quote to help back up this lie?

I guess if you want to get me on a technicality, what I really want is for Trump and the Republicans not to win.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Every election since 2016 has involved Trump and he has underperformed each cycle.

This is objectively false. Look at the actual states that matter when Trump actually run.

In 2016, the race came down to Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Polls had predicted a 6.5% win for Clinton in Wisconsin, a 3.4% win for Clinton in Michigan, and a 1.9% win for Clinton in Pennsylvania. She lost those states by 0.7%, 0.2%, and 0.3%. So Trump dramatically outperformed his polling in the critical states by 7%, 4%, and 2%.

In 2020, the race came down to Arizona, Georgia, and Wisconsin. Polls had predicted an 0.9% win for Biden in Arizona, an 0.3% win in Georgia, and a 6.7% win for Biden in Wisconsin. Biden won those states by 0.3%, 0.2%, and 0.7%. So Trump slightly outperformed the polls (0.6% and 0.1%, basically accurate) in Arizona/Georgia, but vastly outperformed by 6% in Wisconsin.

Both years that Trump actually ran, he did better in the crucial battleground states than the polls said he would. He did better than predicted in some other battleground states as well, though those didn't end up being as decisive.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
What about 2018 and 2022?
He wasn’t on the ballot!

The GOP runs better with Trump on the ballot.

They nearly won the House in 2020 when all projections were that the Dems would expand the majority.

You mention 2018. The GOP made net gains in the U.S. Senate while losing the U.S. House.