WHO WINS?

• Total voters

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
hmmm that seems pretty good. if many republicans are voting earlier now, too, you'd assume the shift on election day itself wouldn't be as big as last time...
There's been major GOTV and focusing on early voting from Republicans at all levels this cycle.

They've made it an emphasis, because pinning your hopes on low-propensity voters showing up for one day is a huge gamble, and the whole thinking behind the Trump campaign is turning out and activating those same low propensity voters.

Due to embedded distrust in mail-in voting I still think Republicans will have an advantage on ED, but there is reason to believe it won't be as drastic as 2020 or 2022.

good pups

Pro
Supporter
Daps
There's been major GOTV and focusing on early voting from Republicans at all levels this cycle.

They've made it an emphasis, because pinning your hopes on low-propensity voters showing up for one day is a huge gamble, and the whole thinking behind the Trump campaign is turning out and activating those same low propensity voters.

Due to embedded distrust in mail-in voting I still think Republicans will have an advantage on ED, but there is reason to believe it won't be as drastic as 2020 or 2022.
with this being the case, i think the Harris campaign strategy is solid. not portraying confidence that anything's in the bag and playing into the closeness of the polls to get every last vote from the people on your side no matter what. use the anxiety to keep people engaged right till the end, but also do what you can to project positive vibes so it's not JUST doom and gloom.

and meanwhile trying to snag independents and a handful of republicans with the slightest conscience. or at least making them less pumped about heading out on election day. in a close close election that could do the trick.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

I'm an example myself.

I'm am "independent" since I've never cared to register with a party (and my state has open primaries so no need to) but I've never voted for a Republican in my life or even seriously thought about it.
Are there any benefits of being registered ?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Are there any benefits of being registered ?

Depends on where you live and what your goals are :yeshrug:

In some states you have to be registered with a party to vote in the primary election. Other states (like mine) have open primaries that anybody can vote in. Aside from that, if you're interested in being on a committee, campaigning, getting into politics yourself, etc. then you'd want to register.

If you're not interested in that type of thing, then not really.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
One person responded to him and it wasn’t even that post :stopitslime:

Our cacs on the ground (@the cac mamba ) said his mail vote from Clark county didn’t even get received yet. We know Clark runs shyt over there. Be easy big dog
One person responded to him and it wasn’t even that post :stopitslime:

Our cacs on the ground (@the cac mamba ) said his mail vote from Clark county didn’t even get received yet. We know Clark runs shyt over there. Be easy big dog
A lot of yall dapped him :ufdup:. I saw the receipts doggie. :stopitslime: .

I literally know all the people running Harris - Nevada and half that office is shook. They been going door to door seeing Trump signs everywhere. They think she’ll win but half of them sound like FAH :russ:.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
America has played world police since the Cold War and it’s had mostly negative effects.

Israel and Palestine is the messiest war we’ve seen in a long time, as opposed to Russia / Ukraine which is relatively binary (Russia Bad).

I don’t take huge issue w/ Kamala prioritizing problems at home. You can argue it isn’t the best approach, but I wouldn’t call it disturbing.

Especially when a Republican president would be even worse for Palestine.
What I find disturbing is that Kamala (and by extension the Democrats) are now operating on a set of beliefs about Democratic voters (and the public at large) whereby they don't even have to code as led by moral principles and can so shamelessly make the argument Kamala made with full confidence it won't harm them. In line with this "Country over Party" Republican-leaning pivot, they've essentially conceded the Hobbes-vs-Locke ideological battle of traditional Democratic stated values (society, rights for all, tolerance, selflessness, equality) vs traditional Republican stated values (selfishness, greed, fear/disregard of the other, primacy of personal gain over everything else).

She just said the quiet part out loud, but it's the foundation of American politics.

Every candidate from each major party has an interest in continuing American Empire. The hope with Bernie was that he could negotiate a withdrawal of it like the English did, but I think even he would be forced to continue the main thrust of American foreign policy.

It's pretty simple, politicians view it as a zero sum game. Our relative comfort here in America is dependent on death and exploitation in the third world. You can either negotiate a better deal here at home with Democrats, or accelerate full tilt into bringing fascism here at home with Republicans.

The choice is obvious, but it's all a bit fukked up.
Precisely. It's saying the quiet part out loud. I don't even know if it she did so mistakenly. These are nasty times.