WHO WINS?

• Total voters

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps

I mean makes sense.

After the Reagan revolution in the 80's and a Democrat finally getting elected in the 90's I really can't think of anything "progressive" Clinton did while in office.

The moment Hillary was pushing for healthcare reform they got hammered in the midterms and Clinton said f--- all that leftist sh!t.

The closest thing was putting more women in his cabinet and that's really it.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

Damn, Jon Bois is still around. I remember stumbling on his website ProgressiveBoink in the early 2000s :flabbynsick:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I work for a Swiss company and travel there occasionally. Switzerland has many of the same things that you like about Japan, bolstered by being very rich for a small country.

Another thing the two have in common? Homogeneity. Japan and Switzerland are both monocultures.

The US is too big and diverse to maintain a monoculture, especially now that the internet has split the information ecosphere into millions individual bubbles and white folks are no longer the majority in a lot of places and will not be the majority overall in a few years.

The optimists (mostly Democrats these days) will say this diversity is a source of strength. The pessimists (mostly Republicans and the core of MAGA) will tell you diversity is the root of all of our problems, which is why they think America needs to be great “again” as it was in their minds when a majority white culture dominated and is why they are so vehemently anti-immigration.

True democracy, where everyone’s vote is equal, rights are guaranteed equally, and religion is separate from government, is the only way this diverse country can move forward and strengthen our society. The former white majority is going to have to accept that we are equal, which is why Democracy is under such sustained attack from MAGA. They understand that a functioning democracy is the means to the end of whatever privilege they think they have.

That is why this election is such an inflection point.

comment on the article I previously shared

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After the Reagan revolution in the 80's and a Democrat finally getting elected in the 90's I really can't think of anything "progressive" Clinton did while in office.

The moment Hillary was pushing for healthcare reform they got hammered in the midterms and Clinton said f--- all that leftist sh!t.
and he left office with a budget surplus, and a huge record of economic expansion :wow:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Dems keep moving right because the Progressive left don't vote consistently.

You can't pull them to your side if you don't show that you will continue voting.

Dems chase the center and the center right because that area continually votes.
One day the progressive left will realize this or they're continue to sit on the sidelines with their arms folded and get nothing

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dems keep moving right because the Progressive left don't vote consistently.

You can't pull them to your side if you don't show that you will continue voting.

Dems chase the center and the center right because that area continually votes.

Dunno. If Harris loses, Shapiro will be the next nominee and the party will shift whichever way he goes. Given that he's surrounded by Obama people I'd expect a return to normal democrat views on immigration and more focus on specific working class economic plans than culture wars or identity politics. Expect clashes with various identity groups demanding more focus on xyz while he focuses on getting out of whatever economic hellhole Trump puts the country in via tariffs and trade wars.

My personal preference will be Whitmer but if Harris loses, we're not getting another woman nominee lmao. That shyt will be over.