• Total voters

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I mean makes sense.

After the Reagan revolution in the 80's and a Democrat finally getting elected in the 90's I really can't think of anything "progressive" Clinton did while in office.

The moment Hillary was pushing for healthcare reform they got hammered in the midterms and Clinton said f--- all that leftist sh!t.

The closest thing was putting more women in his cabinet and that's really it.
if harris loses they'll have no choice but to move right. if you can't beat these right wing crazies when they are spelling out in clear words and actions what they are about then it's clear that the country wants to be headed that way. the reagan revolution (wtih large parts of the democratic base leaving to join it) gave rise to third way politics and the clinton faction. losing elections is never good.

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
FIrst, I don't actually care how anyone votes. My post never said how people should vote and I don't say that on this thread because I don't actually care.

You don't care? I'll get back that. I notice a trend with people that dwell on Gaza.

Second, you don't actually know what the "ceasefire" proposal is:
Its the same thing as the "temporary pause" Biden floated in the winter and then the fake ceasefire proposal he proposed in May. The link you shared earlier was when Biden went around saying a deal was almost done back in July. (Its October, btw)

Guess who agreed with these terms and guess who didn't (hint, its the nation we are giving weapons too to enact a genocide):

And guess who has said they agree with what Biden is doing and who is leaking that she won't change from Biden's policies? (hint: Biden's vice president who is currently running for President)

At least inform yourself of what's happening before you type.

I will even add this:

This is why this forum is goofy. What did that Lloyd Austin and Blinken fake try-hard letter to Israel say?

Here:

They are capping because they have no intention of shutting down weapons flow and don't care about humanitarian aid (as Blinken showed when he lied to Congress about Israel not stopping humanitarian aid into Gaza because that would have violated the Leahy Act), but it shows they don't need "legislator control" or any other term you made up to sound smart. The US gives Israel 3.8 billion in military budget yet somehow has given them a record of AT LEAST 17.8 billion since Oct. 7, 2023.

Let's be pragmatic. Do we have a better chance at negotiating ceasefire with kamala or Trump? Your answer will determine how honest you are willing to be in this conversation. But I'm prepared for a false equivalence in 3...2..1...

Harris could lay out a plan, criticize Israel, outline a plan for Palestinian self-determination, etc. She hasn't because she doesn't care just like Biden. It's okay to be honest with yourself and say that. And its even better to be honest with yourself and say you don't care about an ethnic cleansing and war crime campaign like Isreal is committing with our aid. What I don't like is the fake concern you people show and your lack of questioning of the people you want to vote for. Just like with Trump being a monster, not questioning the people you vote for is also how democracy perishes.

Nah, unlike the emotional, I can quickly assess that the Gaza issue is odd, in terms of how it's being handled rhetorically, and conclude there must be some inner workings at play that we arent privy of. But then quickly conclude this can't distract from the severity of what's at stake for alot more demographics and systems if Trump wins. It's very simple. A quick cost analysis of the best decision to make.

Not voting, which is the main threat that people who "care deeply" aim to do. Isn't effective in any meaningful way. And kills more palestenians.

OR it reveals that these people never thought Trump was a real big threat in the first place, or make some false equivalence because they don't realize the relationship the u.s. always had with Israel. And think "it's the same anyway". But I am raising an eyebrow at people so willing to risk the potential rights of blacks, women, and lgtbtq people over one issue that is not domestic.

edit: lastly, I never said I wasn't voting. My post asked you to lay out what the ceasefire plan is.

Then this conversation is pointless. But you did say you didn't care? Are you making a false equivalence?

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Dunno. If Harris loses, Shapiro will be the next nominee and the party will shift whichever way he goes. Given that he's surrounded by Obama people I'd expect a return to normal democrat views on immigration and more focus on specific working class economic plans than culture wars or identity politics. Expect clashes with various identity groups demanding more focus on xyz while he focuses on getting out of whatever economic hellhole Trump puts the country in via tariffs and trade wars.

My personal preference will be Whitmer but if Harris loses, we're not getting another woman nominee lmao. That shyt will be over.
That Newsome-Shapiro battle for party supremacy will be interesting.

Yeah Whitmer is a VP/Senator at best if Kamala loses. If Kamala wins then she has a chance to jump into the mix.

If Kamala loses though, we are really looking at some dark sphere of politics. Economic Anxiety is the "buffer" for I really care about cultural issues and don't want to sound like a bigot. But, I'm really just a bigot that doesn't actually care about the costs of goods.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Harris's platform is pretty progressive objectively. Besides the fracking stuff which is for Pennsylvania and the courting of Republicans for election purposes what is she doing that's right wing?

If she keeps Khan in that be a greater positive.

I mean I disagree fully with Biden's moves in Gaza but she's the Vice president and she's not in any position to go against her boss there nor does she have power to do anything. Her calling for an arms embargo and cease fire is about as best as you'll get.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I’d support a pardon.

On the condition he sign an agreement saying he will never run for any political office ever again
Trump would never honor that agreement. Also, it's the principle.

Trump being pardoned would once again show that a president can commit basically any crime and get away with it. Nah, f*ck that.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
if harris loses they'll have no choice but to move right. if you can't beat these right wing crazies when they are spelling out in clear words and actions what they are about then it's clear that the country wants to be headed that way. the reagan revolution (wtih large parts of the democratic base leaving to join it) gave rise to third way politics and the clinton faction. losing elections is never good.

Why is the assumption that if Harris loses, it's because she wasn't far right enough? Trump didn't win in 2016 because Hillary was too far left, he won because of backlash against Obama.

Maybe there are too many people who just won't vote for a woman. Or maybe inflation puts Trump over. Or maybe Trump's grip on half the country is just too strong. There are a lot of factors, not everything is necessarily a left/right issue.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
91169977-13990183-image-a-4_1729648938750.jpg

q6p7hd.gif

Trips

Superstar
Daps
There is too much "just wave the wand/sign the EO/ our ideas are universally loved" in the Progressive/Ultra Leftist atmosphere. Their big uprising should have happened after 2016 when Trump got 3 SC Justices. It didn't. And somehow they think that if Kamala loses that their big revolution is going to happen this time, with even less power and less options.

I don't know what exactly it says about the run up to 2016 and life after it. But, there are so many people that are disconnected from the concept and construct that just because something polls well, or is well liked. That it will be successfully enabled. You have people that are like Biden could have just wiped student debt with an EO. And that because it's such a well liked policy no one would be crazy enough to challenge it after he did that. That's the struggle that we're in. Force all the Dems to announce their position on M4A, and if they don't do it primary them. And we'll take all the levers of Gov't by voting out everyone that didn't do it.

Ignoring that we have people to this day that poll I like this, but overall hate everything else and vote against that because they like x. Like you can be Johnny Redneck and think got damn MeeMaw and Pop Pop both lost they feet to the beetus. And you know Mama's been gone for 15 years but we're still paying off her cancer treatments. Having universal health care would be awesome. I like the sound of that. But, the party that is pushing it. Well I don't know if they'll let me keep my guns. I'm not racist, but I really don't like the idea that just anyone can cross our borders and get in here. That party is pretty open to them. Let me vote for Ted Cruz just to be safe.

Punishing the Dems is not going to bring about your progressive Utopia. The voting public likes progressive ideas, but polls are optimism they aren't pragmatism. And votes are the later.

Last edited: