Mile in the Sky

nerd-laugh.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Getting that sense, including today with people freaking out over one poll (after weeks of good/great Kamala polls). I don't see the warning signs we had for Hillary in 2016 yet. We have early voting numbers in MI, they look great. We have early voting numbers in PA, they look great.

What are the numbers for Michigan

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Democrats: who cares about these people.

This is not true. A look at both Trump and Biden's administrations on working-class support tells a different story.

Trump might have talked a lot about helping the working class, especially wrt manufacturing and coal. What did he do about it? He cut taxes. That did give some middle-class people a temporary break, but the biggest benefits went to corporations, under the false belief that companies would reinvest in jobs and wages, but a lot of them just bought back their own stock instead. Let's talk about trade and Trump tariffs. Trump was "tough" on trade, especially with China, and he did renegotiate NAFTA into the USMCA, which had some positive effects, like raising standards for Mexican workers. But his tariffs? They caused more harm than good, especially in the steel and auto industries, leading to layoffs and price increases. He also set the fight against employ wage-theft back by years.

Trump was really awful when it cam to workers rights. He appointed people to the NLRB and DOL who were explicitly pro-business, and they made it harder for unions to organize, and they rolled back a lot of worker protections, like overtime rules and workplace safety standards. So, if those workers wanted to organizing or get more protections on the job, Trump ain't the one to look to. The man appointed Antonin Scalia's son as the Secretary of Labor, and he was a known opponent of labor regulations. His DOL rolled back a lot Obama-era labor regulations.

Now, with Biden, it's almost the opposite. He was one of the most pro-union president we've had in decades. He was constantly talking about "building the economy from the bottom up and the middle out," and he actually made moves to back that up. His appointments to the NLRB and DOL have been very pro-labor. The NLRB under Biden has reversed a lot of Trump-era decisions that hurt unions, and Biden's Labor Secretary is a former union guy. That's a big shift in and of itself.

He's also pushed the PRO Act, a piece of legislation that would make it easier for workers to form unions and harder for employers to mess with organizing efforts. There have definitely been some set-backs, like the failure to get a $15 federal minimum wage through Congress. Although he did raise it for federal contractors, and his DOL has been working to protect more workers under overtime rules.

Biden's been way more focused on helping workers and supporting unions, compared to Trump, who was more about helping businesses and employers, under the false belief that it would trickle down to workers. Biden's administration has been more explicitly pro-labor and union-friendly through its appointments, policies, and legislative support. It is one of the few bright spots in his presidency. I am only pointing out that it is dishonest to claim that they don't care about those people, not saying that this is all that needs to be done, because it isn't. The Democrats have taken some positive steps for the working class, like improving labor rights and organizing, but it's not enough. They need to go further to ensure lasting changes.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's a nationally televised debate. the entire electorate will be watching it :dahell: what the fukk are you talking about

trump is terrified of doing it. we're really trying to basement kamala, a month before making her the most powerful person on earth? that's pathetic :dead:

We know you are slow, but try to follow me here, Why should she reward a network that lies on her 24/7 with an interview/debate and the ratings that go with it, when she has so many other options?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We know you are slow, but try to follow me here, Why should she reward a network that lies on her 24/7 with an interview/debate and the ratings that go with it, when she has so many other options?
imagine looking at a presidential debate as "rewarding a network". just say you're scared she can't handle it :mjlol: who do you think you're fooling?

i see the bad faith posting is getting worse :hhh:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I just went and looked at the polling for the 2012 election. The polls that year were closer than this year lol. Obama and Romney were neck-and-neck in the polls (including Romney leading in the average for a time).

Yet we all know how that election went. Obama ended up winning by a decent margin. Kamala right now is leading in most polls by more than Obama did in 2012.

Romney got done in by the "binder full of women" & the "47%" comments