Youth Curfew to go into effect in Newark, NJ /* begins May 3rd

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Not from Jerz so I can't speak on the mood there but as a teenager, I definitely wasn't allowed to be out hanging with friends past like 10ish, even on weekends.

It might have been allowed if we were at CERTAIN people's homes, whom my parents knew and trusted but for the most part?

Nah.

Home by 11 was the expectation.

Kids are too stupid to be trusted and while some break the mold too many don't.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
It‘s about time, I ain’t been back home since 2017-18 but from what I hear from family members still there is that it’s been nuts in Newark and Irvington

Ain’t shyt good happening out there when it gets dark out

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Crazy they poured so much money into that city and it’s still the same shyt, even more run down.
Most of my family done got out of there because shyt just do not change in Essex County. My pops got us outta there around 05-06 and we moved to suburbs in PA.

I got uncles who are cops in Newark and Irvington that work there but they commute from safer areas. They’re gonna keep pouring money because it’s prime real estate being so close to NYC

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Most of my family done got out of there because shyt just do not change in Essex County. My pops got us outta there around 05-06 and we moved to suburbs in PA.

I got uncles who are cops in Newark and Irvington that work there but they commute from safer areas. They’re gonna keep pouring money because it’s prime real estate being so close to NYC

Newark has been getting marketed as an extension of NYC for a minute.....only a matter of time until its gentrified and everyone is displaced.

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
These politicians criminalizing our children is not a good idea, and it won't solve anything.

Youth being outside late at night is not even a thing in Newark anymore, it's not 2004. And even if it was, it would still be the least of the city's problems.

The state oversaw Newark schools for 22 years. Mark Zuckerberg gave Newark schools $100,000,000.00 - and these children still can't read write or do basic math.
These politicians would rather criminalize our children instead of properly educating them.

Last edited: