Youth Curfew to go into effect in Newark, NJ /* begins May 3rd

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Our parents did not come with us to games or movies, etc. parents hovering over their teens is why we have so many socially dysfunctional adults now. And if we talking weekends, parties, dances, movies, sporting events, concerts, etc are all reasons to be out with just your friends.
Why do you keep trying to push this "kids are soft today" message? No one is saying kids need adults to watch them 24/7, what people are saying is that teenagers should not be by themselves or with other kids at night with no adult supervision. Especially on a fukking weekday. Why is it either you allow kids to roam free at night or else you are smothering them, turning them into future weirdos?

Again, no reason teenagers should be roaming the streets or outside their homes at night with no adults around. We are just talking about the "normal" shyt, not even the teenagers that are going around at night committing crimes or doing dysfunctional shyt.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Our parents did not come with us to games or movies, etc. parents hovering over their teens is why we have so many socially dysfunctional adults now. And if we talking weekends, parties, dances, movies, sporting events, concerts, etc are all reasons to be out with just your friends.

I feel sorry for these youth because they can’t win, this is the same Coli where posters will make mockery of the youth being too invested in games, streaming and not going outside like they did back in the day.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why do you keep trying to push this "kids are soft today" message? No one is saying kids need adults to watch them 24/7, what people are saying is that teenagers should not be by themselves or with other kids at night with no adult supervision. Especially on a fukking weekday. Why is it either you allow kids to roam free at night or else you are smothering them, turning them into future weirdos?

Again, no reason teenagers should be roaming the streets or outside their homes at night with no adults around. We are just talking about the "normal" shyt, not even the teenagers that are going around at night committing crimes or doing dysfunctional shyt.
Bruh, you said they don’t need to be anywhere any night past 9pm without adults, I just gave a list of very age appropriate activities that make sense for them to be at. If you think their parents should be with them at a party that ends at midnight, cool, I don’t.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

all I did was get in trouble and be looking for fukkshyt.

everyone else was on that time 2.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
all I did was get in trouble and be looking for fukkshyt.

everyone else was on that time 2.
That’s too bad you ran with a tragic crowd. My circle managed to stay out til 12/1/2am on the weekends without fukking shyt up, just enjoying the normal shyt like getting numbers, dancing, and smoking a lil weed

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Bruh, you said they don’t need to be anywhere any night past 9pm without adults, I just gave a list of very age appropriate activities that make sense for them to be at. If you think their parents should be with them at a party that ends at midnight, cool, I don’t.
Why in the fukk are teenagers younger than 18 at a party that ends at midnight? I understand sleepovers but a fukking party? Come on.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why in the fukk are teenagers younger than 18 at a party that ends at midnight? I understand sleepovers but a fukking party? Come on.
Bruh, either you was hella sheltered, you’re young, or you bullshytting. Every damn party I went to ended somewhere from 11pm-1am, school dances went to 11pm.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
That’s too bad you ran with a tragic crowd. My circle managed to stay out til 12/1/2am on the weekends without fukking shyt up, just enjoying the normal shyt like getting numbers, dancing, and smoking a lil weed

Are you familiar with the part of NJ they're talking about?

It's relative.

In certain neighborhood trouble finds you.

Its a matter of saftey.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Ehh, I was out that late. Might hit a weekday basketball game, some were at night. Y’all go get some food before heading back home. I believe in age and developmentally appropriate curfews. A high school teen being out at 10 is appropriate whereas a 13 year old, not so much.
I agree. I got my first car at 17, 11th grade and after that, the push for me to come home damn near ended immediately. Wouldn't be the same for a girl though, cause most parents gone let 17yo boys do a lot more than a 17yo girl.

shyt, females parents still be on they head at 18 on some "don't stay out too late" type of shyt still.

My daughter gets her first car this year, still, 10 O'Clock curfew. We are messed up lol, but it's just a safer way to go imo.

@dora_da_destroyer was yo people trying to extend yo curfew past 18yo if you was still living with them 40 years ago when you were a teen :troll:?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I agree. I got my first car at 17, 11th grade and after that, the push for me to come home damn near ended immediately. Wouldn't be the same for a girl though, cause most parents gone let 17yo boys do a lot more than a 17yo girl.

shyt, females parents still be on they head at 18 on some "don't stay out too late" type of shyt still.

My daughter gets her first car this year, still, 10 O'Clock curfew. We are messed up lol, but it's just a safer way to go imo.

a lot of states now have actual license curfues for new drivers. like if you're under 18 you can only drive until X

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

You realize you’re talking to a woman. My parents weren’t on my head because I generally exercised good judgment and they could trust me. 10th grade, I’d get home by midnight on the weekends outside of special events, by 11th, 1/1:30 was common, and this was when Oakland was still Oakland. Spent weekends cruising Jack London, hitting black Saturday, house parties, or attending the sideshow.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Bruh, either you was hella sheltered, you’re young, or you bullshytting. Every damn party I went to ended somewhere from 11pm-1am, school dances went to 11pm.
i am 39, was not sheltered, not bullshytting. I and others keep bringing up that children should not be by themselves or with other teens only after a certain point. Did your school dances not have chaperones/adults watching the kids, or did the school say fukk it and let the kids be by themselves?

Okay, you were the super responsible kid that your parents knew would never mess up so it did not matter when you came home, good for you, but for others it does. People generally want to know where their children are and want them home at a reasonable time, no matter how responsible they are.