Youth Curfew to go into effect in Newark, NJ /* begins May 3rd

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
That's one of several developer projects that have been completed and planned over the past ten years.
Don't know the last time you've been back.

These are outs and deflections.
Hard for me to believe that people who are from the city, and know what Baraka's background and track record as activist and mayor are running with "bu bu but he's doing it because developers told him to"

His consistency about public safety for residents is partly why Newark avoided the 2020 riots when other cities in the region fell victim to that dumb shyt.
And he's continued the work that Booker was doing in terms of bringing down crime and homicide rates.

But all that goes out the window, so dudes can run with bu bu bu but the curfew is to protect white people .

You have to realize that ppl in general and on this board have absolutely nothing to offer on solutions that plague our communities and especially our youth who are in extremely dire situations in terms of crime, lack of educational achievement, uncompetitive in the labor market etc... ANYTHING being proposed is shut down even the least punitive measures such as this one.

I believe in healthy questioning of govt. action whether federal or local but it seems like a lot of these posters want things to continue as they are (i.e letting our youth continue to regress in every metric) there is always but " what about those with no parents at home". Ppl also have this mutually exclusive mindset, I truly don't get it why it's a visceral default reaction. As if you can's take measures like this one and address other issues. Ppl are just waiting to pounce on ANYTHING.

When you ask them what do YOU propose? Crickets or dismantle white supremacy? When you ask them HOW? Crickets. It is as if they truly think that Black people are either incapable of solving the problems within our communities or the problems are SO challenging that they can only be solved with something as drastic as reparations in the meantime let our youth continue to regress

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
You have to realize that ppl in general and on this board have absolutely nothing to offer on solutions that plague our communities and especially our youth who are in extremely dire situations in terms of crime, lack of educational achievement, uncompetitive in the labor market etc... ANYTHING being proposed is shut down even the least punitive measures such as this one.

I believe in healthy questioning of govt. action whether federal or local but it seems like a lot of these posters want things to continue as they are (i.e letting our youth continue to regress in every metric) there is always but " what about those with no parents at home". Ppl also have this mutually exclusive mindset, I truly don't get it why it's a visceral default reaction. As if you can's take measures like this one and address other issues. Ppl are just waiting to pounce on ANYTHING.

When you ask them what do YOU propose? Crickets or dismantle white supremacy? When you ask them HOW? Crickets. It is as if they truly think that Black people are either incapable of solving the problems within our communities or the problems are SO challenging that they can only be solved with something as drastic as reparations in the meantime let our youth continue to regress
Why are you against reparations?

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
know what Baraka's background and track record as activist and mayor is are running with
Ras Baraka was an educator and principal in Newark before he was mayor. The kids could barely read and do math when he worked in the schools, and they still can't now he's in charge of the city. You really don't know anything about, or anyone actually in Newark politics. From the school board to police to sanitation to City Hall, corrupt as hell.
His consistency about public safety for residents.
And he's continued the work that Booker was doing in terms of bringing down crime and homicide rates.
If this is true, why the need to suddenly target and criminalize children? Because now you're going back 20 years with Booker
bu bu but he's doing it because developers told him to"
"bu bu bu but the curfew is to protect white people ."
He's doing it to get paid. The same reason most politicians get in the game

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Why are you against reparations?

I am not against reparations. I am against those who think that this is the only solution or else we have no shot of solving problems in our communities. And until then, let the madness continue.

Given the current environment such as the Supreme Court (which will be conservative leaning for a LONG time given Trump's recent appointments) striking down affirmative actions, the anti-DEI environment and war waged by the right, and the fact that America is not a Black and white country anymore and there are other "people of color" who are going to be against it, the fastest growing population in the US is Asian and the largest non-white group in the country is Hispanic.

The plaintiffs in the Harvard affirmative action case were Asians and Edward Blum (the plaintiffs' white lawyer on the case) understood that if you can frame the argument that other "minorities" are being disadvantaged as a result of "undeserving Black admissions" into elite institutions, it would become more palatable and goes against the American ideal of "fairness".

It doesn't mean you should not attempt to get it however the barriers have gotten higher and for those who think reparations or nothing (which I think it is a significant amount of ppl) don't have the right mindset.

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Yup and parents drugged out too, I'm not saying nothing should be done I just don't know if another punitive type system is what's needed

Not 2 sound like a nihilist but its like the wars of homelessness, terrorism, drugs etc.....

one of those things that will never been eradicated but you still gotta do something....

Tair

Superstar
Daps

"Limited contact, limited conflict."

:manny:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

I don't have a problem with that member, just disagreed with him on this issue.

There are different members here who fit what you're describing, but I try to focus more on tracking the decisions by top leaders, elected officials, voters as they relate to public safety measures. That's what counts, long after we've expressed our opinions.

Criminals being who they are, many of the public safety decisions made on city and state levels the past year have been in line with what objective people saw coming long ago.

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
These are outs and deflections.
Hard for me to believe that people who are from the city, and know what Baraka's background and track record as activist
Ras Baraka has never been an activist. He's always moved in a manner to position himself to where he can best help himself. Activists move in a manner to help the people.
and mayor is are running with "bu bu but he's doing it because developers told him to"

"bu bu bu but the curfew is to protect white people ."
I guess this is supposed to be tongue in cheek, but it's actually quite nonsensical. You don't do high level business, of any kind, without working with the government. You don't build 30 story buildings 2 blocks from one of the major transportation hubs in the northeast by just going to the municipal department of engineering and getting a few building permits.

And those 10 - 20 - 30 year tax abatements, (this has been going on in Newark) that the politicians give these developers and landlords is a business transaction.

If you come with the "bu bu bu but" when someone says high powered business people and politicians scratch each other's back, just shows you don't know much about business nor politics.