Witcher 3 gotta be the most overrated game this generation

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Witcher 3 + Hearts of Stone + Blood and Wine is the GOAT.
GOAT game with GOAT DLC's.

They weren't even Dlc's, they were full on expansions.

I generally don't like Fantasy, I prefer Sci-fi, but I fell in love with the narrative and world(s) of the Witcher. Crazy thing is there is so much potential left, the tap isn't even close to dry.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Bloodborne is leagues better than this and still the game of the still‍♂️

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a good game, but I didn't feel compelled to finish it. The story was very dope at times (honestly that's what kept me playing for as long as I did), but the combat and traversing through the land is just an okay experience. I thought Horizon Zero Dawn was the best open world game this gen tbh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok give me a game that's better. And please don't say Breath of the Wild.

breath of the wild is way better it's not even a comparison is an actually game not visual novel

The combat alone makes it better, witcher has the worst controls in any rpg I ever played, playing it at 60fps only highlights how bad the character animations are, they don't even have any boss fights

when you ask people why this game is good, they talk about the story, which isn't that good, no interesting villains or memorable plot, then they say the side quest which are mundane and just filler, the game is for people who want to waste time doing nothing

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's 100% false. The fukk? :what:

Fred.

How do the decisions change the game, do you get a different boss fight, I different an area to access

What are you talking about the game ends the same way no matter what you do, and also none of the decisions are anything major

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
breath of the wild is way better it's not even a comparison is an actually game not visual novel

The combat alone makes it better, witcher has the worst controls in any rpg I ever played, playing it at 60fps only highlights how bad the character animations are, they don't even have any boss fights

when you ask people why this game is good, they talk about the story, which isn't that good, no interesting villains or memorable plot, then they say the side quest which are mundane and just filler, the game is for people who want to waste time doing nothing
Hey, you have a really good day today. :salute:

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
How do the decisions change the game, do you get a different boss fight, I different an area to access

What are you talking about the game ends the same way no matter what you do, and also none of the decisions are anything major
Ok, just saw this. You should resign yourself from the thread because you just exposed to everybody you haven't really played the fukking game. This game has a shyt ton of endings that are affected by every little choice you make. There are a shyt ton of "boss" fights in the form on very hard monsters. This is not a visual novel game in the least bit. People say story was a big part but most people think the gameplay is A1 as well.

Again, you did not play the game.

Have a good day, sir :salute:

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Witcher 3 is the standard I hold games to.
No micro translations
DLC with actual fukking content. Hearts of stone is amazing. Blood and Wine was jaw dropping good, GOAT DLC, entire new map, new locale, colors, they added powerful game mechanics.
Blood and wine could have been its own game.

CDPR the only ones I trust. Cyberpunk 2077 is easily going to be goty material.

Bethesda and other RPG publishers should learn a ton from Witcher 3.

Game actually made like the characters, Triss "wife material" Merigold, Yennefer, Ciri, Avallach (that mission through the multiverse was piff), Henrietta, Dandelion, Regis, etc. When I first got to Novigrad after hours in the wilderness:wow:

Skellige background music :wow:

Even the hustling little boot cleaner kid in blood and wine had me rolling. At the end of it, I was like "damn, hope breh make it someday".:ohhh:

Game would have been 10/10 perfect if the main character was a breh.

I can't remember anyone from Skyrim aside from Alduin, Harkon, Serena and thats it.

Game industry needs to step it up. Fallout 76, Anthem all disappointments.

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
So this is where the mad people of the Coli congregate? This game is simply nothing but a masterpiece, without a doubt the most immersive and engrossing game I have ever played. You play the role of a Witcher and they ensure that’s excatly what you get.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Witcher 3 is the standard I hold games to.
No micro translations
DLC with actual fukking content. Hearts of stone is amazing. Blood and Wine was jaw dropping good, GOAT DLC, entire new map, new local, colors, they added powerful game mechanics.
Blood and wine could have been its own game.

CDPR the only ones I trust. Cyberpunk 2077 is easily going to be goty material.

Bethesda and other RPG publishers should learn a ton from Witcher 3.

Game actually made like the characters, Triss "wife material" Merigold, Yennefer, Ciri, Avallach (that mission through the multiverse was piff), Henrietta, Dandelion, Regis, etc. When I first got to Novigrad after hours in the wilderness:wow:

Skellige background music :wow:

Even the hustling little boot cleaner kid in blood and wine had me rolling. At the end of it, I was like "damn, hope breh make it someday".:ohhh:

Game would have been 10/10 perfect if the main character was a breh.

I can't remember anyone from Skyrim aside from Alduin, Harkon, Serena and thats it.

Game industry needs to step it up. Fallout 76, Anthem all disappointments.
+Rep. This is exactly my sentiment when it comes to Witcher 3. Beautifully said.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I agree to an extent. I put it down and revisited it about 3 years later as well. It's a good game, but lack of character creation put me off more than anything. It's a really good game once you get into it, but i can't give it GOAT , it shouldn't take 2 hours to get to the "really good" stuff in a game and i still like Skyrim better.

Ronald

Daps
Uncharted 4 is the most overrated

Witcher 3 has good quests / good story
Botw has the exploration, emergent gameplay

Uncharted 4 is just trash and somehow won all those goty awards over Dishonored 2, Hitman, Doom, Souls 3, Titanfall 2 :stopitslime:

Daps

The story is 'so good' but they can't even name the 'memorable' boss fights from the game :wow:

Witcher 3 stans yall