Witcher 3 gotta be the most overrated game this generation

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Downloaded it a month ago for $15. shyt is trash to me. I can't get pass the combat tbh. And the way the character moves is just way to clunky. So no matter how good the story is, I just can't progress far because the gameplay is so terrible.
Sir what you just said is why I think CD projekt Red make cyberpunk 2077 in first person because I think most people if their being real thought that the combat in the witcher 3 was not all that great no matter how many time they try to update it.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I finally played Zelda on cemu emulator at 60 4k and its a way better game than the witcher 3 just from a pure gameplay perspective the controls make traversing enjoyable when its tedious in the witcher 3

All the quest in witcher 3 are bloated BS like the garbage ass game Horizon Zero Dawn just a bunch of fetch quest, besides getting witcher gear there is zero point of doing hunts and side quest you barely get any experience,only way to level up is to play main missions, bosses are terrible

Western studios can rarely make good games, Witcher 3 is barely a game, you barely play its more of a visual novel than a game
Witcher is far from a fetch quest game. You make key decisions in who to kill and who to help that determine the rest of the game, and especially the ending. Don't get me started with the bad endings :snoop:

@dc007 Make a thread asking the same question you just asked but make sure to only include next gen games. Make a poll too if you would.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Yea that game just didn’t connect with me.

I just want my rpg games to be about me and not someone else.

Also the combat made the fights harder than it needed to be

I played it briefly and just don’t get the hype , I think it’s one of those love or hate it type games. There is no in between

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Witcher is far from a fetch quest game. You make key decisions in who to kill and who to help that determine the rest of the game, and especially the ending. Don't get me started with the bad endings :snoop:

@dc007 Make a thread asking the same question you just asked but make sure to only include next gen games. Make a poll too if you would.

None of these decisions matter in the games main story so they are pointless you can skip all tge dialogue in every quest and still complete them with no problem lol

The game is for brain dead humans every quest is show up to point a use batman detective mode to point b rinse and repeat

No dungeond no puzzles this shyt aint no rpg

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I played 30 mins in and couldnt get into it. To me its an open world button smasher. Should i give it more time?

Also the story wasnt even intersting when i played and i love story line based games

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
None of these decisions matter in the games main story so they are pointless you can skip all tge dialogue in every quest and still complete them with no problem lol

The game is for brain dead humans every quest is show up to point a use batman detective mode to point b rinse and repeat

No dungeond no puzzles this shyt aint no rpg
Ok give me a game that's better. And please don't say Breath of the Wild.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Quit hating

I'll agree that the main story conclusion wasn't all that but the DLCs are straight fire in that regard. If you have the GOTY edition you can go straight to Hearts of Stone. It's a straight questline that's :wow:

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
Isaid the same thing when ut dropped. I revisted it 3 years later and played it for two months straight. It starts slow but once it gets rolling, it's incredible. He, I didn't even care for Geralt at first but he eventually grew on me. I wasn't a fan of the combat so I kept the difficulty low as possible, but the storytelling (primarily the sidequests and the DLC main stories) is arguably the best this gen, imo. If you can't get into it right now, cool. Put it down and revisit it later. I did and it was a totally different experience. Probably my favorite RPG this gen.
Its amazing Im the exact same way. Bought this day 1 and played 20 min and dropped it. Picked it up a year later and was like :ohhh:. Ended up putting like 200 hours into this game with all the DLC. then got the stand alone gwent game and started wrecking fools. For that 1 year though I was talking the same nonsense as the OP @ how overrated it was and how clunky the combat system . Give it another shot OP

Daps
Time for people to admit that The Witcher 3 is only getting the love it gets because Bloodborne isn't a multiplatform game :yeshrug:

We giving games the title of GOAT just because it has a nice story but the gameplay is straight garbage :mjlol: what part of the game is this? :mjlol:

If you have to beg people to 'give it another shot' then :mjlol::mjlol:

Garbage combat + forgettable boss fights + nice story = GOAT game? :mjgrin: