Witcher 3 gotta be the most overrated game this generation

Creepn

All Star
Daps
You crazy. I would love to play through this game again for the first time. :banderas: The card game alone brings replayability to the game. I challenge anyone with my Monster deck. :birdman: Definitely my top 5 games in my lifetime so far and cant wait for their new upcoming game also.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Maybe I needed to play it when it first came out, or have some knowledge of the first 2 games, but god damn did this game put me to sleep. When I saw what the combat was like, I thought, "Alright, surely this shyt opens way up later and you aren't just mashing the same 2 buttons while Geralt looks goofy as shyt in the process :ohhh:."

I'm sure this take will piss some brehs off, since this game seems to be so universally acclaimed, but I just don't get it. Is it the story? Because I have played plenty of games with interesting stories that didn't bore me into a coma. The world? I'll admit, it looks nice, but this is where I feel like I needed to play it when it was new, because obviously 4 years later, it is not as impressive. Someone help me out here, what is the draw with this game? Because once I copped Sekiro, this shyt got thrown aside, and I don't think I'll ever even give it another chance
I don't know what you're talking about I loved The Witcher 3 and I usually don't get into huge open world games like that because they lose my attention quick. I put more than 60 hours into it.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
The combat and animations were way too damn clunky for me and I couldn’t get past the first few hours. If I had time and not a huge backlog of games I’d give it another shot though. :yeshrug:
You're making a mistake not playing it. There's a reason it's almost unanimously considered game of the generation. I beat the campaign and never even touched the dlc, and I hear the dlc was better than the main campaign. Game is just crazy nice.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
You're making a mistake not playing it. There's a reason it's almost unanimously considered game of the generation. I beat the campaign and never even touched the dlc, and I hear the dlc was better than the main campaign. Game is just crazy nice.
Breh, you gotta check out the DLC, both of them >>>>>>> the main game :wow:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Breh, you gotta check out the DLC, both of them >>>>>>> the main game :wow:
I started the game all over again, but decided to stop after the Griffin quest bc of God of War, Persona 5 and finishing up Horizon. Finished Horizon but still need to do the DLC. Now I have RDR2 I'm working on, on top of GOW, Persona 5, Breath of the Wild (little by little), Fall out 4 on Xbox one, along with some occasional cuphead. As you can see, I won't be getting back to it for quite awhile. As soon as I finish GOW and RDR2 I'll get back to it. shyt with a backlog man it takes forever to get back to a game. Mind you Id rather play Resident Evil 2 and Sekiro right now...but I need to finish this shyt :francis:. I'm dropping everything for Last of Us 2 and Borderlands 3 in the fall :snoop:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It’s a slow-starting game especially if you’re new to the series but it’s defintely a GOAT-Tier RPG

I got it on sale, played a few hours and like many of you, felt it was kinda:ld: and didn’t touch the game for like 2-3 years

A few months back I had a couple weeks to go ona gaming binge and cracked that thang open like no other:mjlit:

Dumped 70-80 hours into it easy in just a couple weeks:wow:

The story and overall writing is top-notch once you get into it. The world and the characters in it are just so visceral. The world of the Witcher is a much more adult, darker version of the typical fantasy RPG realm. I’m huge Elder Scrolls/Fallout fan but those games are like PG-13 compared to Witcher’s rated R.

Like someone earlier said, play up the Bloody Baron and you’ll have a solid feel for the game. White Orchard is defintely like a lil prologue and is admittedly not the most exciting note to start off on. Like most of the naysayers in this thread, it turned me off from the game on my first attempt:yeshrug:

I even caught on to the Gwent wave like 2/3 into the game and spent a good 10-15 hours backtracking to all the vendors throughout the world to play them for their cards:mjlol:

Ultimately all I’m tryna say is, it’s critically acclaimed for a reason:ufdup: and is worth a second chance if you maybe didn’t fukk with it the first time

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Facts, this and BOTW are overrated as hell

When the stans say it's better than H:ZD...

bloodsport1.jpg

Pifford

All Star
Daps
It's literally the best game of all time.
Damn lol. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Bloodborne dropped the same year, so from my perspective, this was never even in the running for Game of 2015. More power to those who like it though, I wanted to:yeshrug:

I need to be feeling the gameplay to stick with an RPG, and I have beaten tons of JRPGs and WRPGs over the years; that is just a testament to how dull the gameplay in this is to me. The card game was the most fun part