Windows 8 Is Now Available (OFFICIAL WINDOWS 8 THREAD)

Q2EEzY

Pro
Daps
Just installed it on work pc, used a vista driver for the old ass Geforce FX5200 :damn:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Its probably because your in VMware which doesn't do you justice if you want the full experience slap it on your main PC and get used to it.

A lot of people complain "oh its designed for touch" blah blah blah but really Mouse + Keyboard work amazing its faster and easier to navigate from finding your apps to launching your apps. You just need to take the time to get used to the OS.

Drivers aren't ready yet but I'm using a full copy with no legit drivers and Win8 Enterprise RTM is working great on my XPS 13 can't wait for official drivers!

Eh, maybe you're right.

I turned off 3D graphics acceleration and that fixed my issues with the mouse being jumpy/unstable. I'm actually on Win8 right now, and it's ok, but I find myself just hanging out on the desktop most of the time. Could be because I'm not using most of the apps anyway, but I guess it might grow on me. :yeshrug:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the touchpad/mouse issues goes away eventually

am still having keyboard issues

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
meh, I had the beta for win 7 and it kinda sucks when it's over cause you gotta clean install your OS whether you down or upgrade. plus I game a lot, and don't want compatibility/driver issues

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Man I got this shyt last weekend. And realized wasnt gonna keep this forever since U can't really activate. So I went back to windows 7. I uses windows 8 for a while, but I really couldn't get intO the new start menu. I found it really annoying.

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Eh, maybe you're right.

I turned off 3D graphics acceleration and that fixed my issues with the mouse being jumpy/unstable. I'm actually on Win8 right now, and it's ok, but I find myself just hanging out on the desktop most of the time. Could be because I'm not using most of the apps anyway, but I guess it might grow on me. :yeshrug:

I stay on desktop most of the time myself. I use apps to SNAP so apps like Tweetro, Weather, People, Mail, Calendar are useful for when I'm on desktop.

Other news apps are useful when I'm on Metro I use them to glance at news etc I don't go into them I use them for notifications.

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Another quick tip.

If you pin a IE10 Metro website like The-Coli.

You can also use Metro UI to search for that website

So for example I have The-Coli pinned to my Metro Start Screen if I type in the keywords "Coli" it automatically finds the pinned shortcut all I have to do is press enter to open it up.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
:damn: at how opposite my installation experience was on my big rig. Graphics card driver installed but wouldnt launch ... Ps3 Media server couldnt ve installed as a service... Got 2 blue screens of death (much nicer btw)..... Luckily i didnt wipe my Win 7 partition ..

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
When on the desktop, right clicking in the bottom left corner brings up a menu of a bunch of commonly used shortcuts. Much better than switching back and forth to metro.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Does this bring anything new to the the table that vista can't do? Interface i could give a fukk about cuz I'm fine with vista's....:ld:

fast boot ups are nice but I generally leave my computer on months at a time...

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Does this bring anything new to the the table that vista can't do? Interface i could give a fukk about cuz I'm fine with vista's....:ld:

fast boot ups are nice but I generally leave my computer on months at a time...

What do you do on your box? A jump to 8 may be a turn off if you don't do much, especially with the different metro interface. At least upgrade to 7. The optimizations over Vista are worth it.