Windows 8 Is Now Available (OFFICIAL WINDOWS 8 THREAD)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:russ: and :snoop:

i tried restoring back to windows 7 and i cant, tried using the windows 7 install disc and its not letting , something about OS architecture

Windows 8 or die !:hmm:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
:russ: and :snoop:

i tried restoring back to windows 7 and i cant, tried using the windows 7 install disc and its not letting , something about OS architecture

Windows 8 or die !:hmm:
You're probably trying to use a 64 bit install disc on a 32 bit system if it's bytching like that. But then, if you already had the OS installed using that disk it shouldn't do that :wtf:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're probably trying to use a 64 bit install disc on a 32 bit system if it's bytching like that. But then, if you already had the OS installed using that disk it shouldn't do that :wtf:

na 64 bit disc on 64 bit system, although this disc is not one that came with this computer, this computer didnt come with a disc at all, this disc if from my sisters windows vista machine which she updated with this windows 7 disc she bought, dunno if that makes a difference or not, both system or 64bit

and the system restore system here on windows 8 is only letting me recovering sytem files like music pics and some programs from win 7 , which really isnt useful to me, i wanted the whole system back

reason i do is because i started to install a bunch of programs i had back on windows and was like :birdman: this shyt expires in 85 days and am have to do it all over again lol

its all good though, lesson learned this fukin backup my computer had me made of windows 7 is useless , i can delete that shyt off my external , shyt take up dam near 30 gigs

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Never install over your main shyt. Always find a means to install on an extra drive, separate partition or virtual machine, friend.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Never install over your main shyt. Always find a means to install on an extra drive, separate partition or virtual machine, friend.

Yep, exactly why I ran it on a virtual machine. No way I'm trying to risk being stuck with an OS I don't want or that I can't activate.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

i know , i mean am not totally pissed, all my old programs are on windows.old so are pics etc, all my music and really important stuff is on my external , am just wondering whats gonna happen this evaluation version expires, will my computer revert back to 7? or what, its gonna be like 3 weeks after that when the offical windows 8 drops

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
i know , i mean am not totally pissed, all my old programs are on windows.old so are pics etc, all my music and really important stuff is on my external , am just wondering whats gonna happen this evaluation version expires, will my computer revert back to 7? or what, its gonna be like 3 weeks after that when the offical windows 8 drops

It won't revert back to Windows 7. It'll just expire and stop updating itself most likely.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

Yep. This is the first time in no less than 200 Windows installs that I've had this much bullshyt happen. Luckily I put it on a separate partition so all I had to do was wipe and make a quick BIOS tweak and I was back in the game.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how do i access my contacts from the messages/messenger ?

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
If yall worried about activation, then wait till the official version drops. Pretty sure there will be a crack out.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:scheme:

5znouo.jpg

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
So I'm just upping myself on this shyt. Checked out a bid on YouTube and Win8 is essentially a glorified tablet? Nah I'm perfectly good with 7. I got an iPod, an Evo, and a Nexus. I'm sick of swiping. Starting to get finger burn

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
So I'm just upping myself on this shyt. Checked out a bid on YouTube and Win8 is essentially a glorified tablet? Nah I'm perfectly good with 7. I got an iPod, an Evo, and a Nexus. I'm sick of swiping. Starting to get finger burn

Not really the sole purpose of keeping the Modern UI consistent is to share the same experience from your mobile device and your personal computer.

For example iPad and OSX don't share the core experience two different environments two different learning curves.

Windows 8 and Phone 8 share the same environment same learning curve.