Windows 8 Is Now Available (OFFICIAL WINDOWS 8 THREAD)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Now you see why I said the Nokia Lumia 900 is by far the best phone. The phone's UI and interface is so buttery smooth and eye pleasing its rediculous. Nearly every app looks fantastic due to metro theme apps are required to comply too. The entire OS just performs so much better than Android or IOS its not even funny.

i mean i haven't used it on phones but am take yall word for it and say it runs smooth , this OS on the EVO/ONE X type of screen must be :datazz:

the pc version runs great too, i dunno why that much hate for , makes me wonder if its just these other manufacturer and apple on the low bytching just to bytch cause MS went futuristic on us

they got a lot of things right on this , this looks and feel so smooth that you can throw this on a tablet,phone shyt even a tv and it would just feel right, this is something i think not even apple or android has achieved yet, they just have the lead in the units sold and hardware specs

next xbox going to be a problem

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
i mean i haven't used it on phones but am take yall word for it and say it runs smooth , this OS on the EVO/ONE X type of screen must be :datazz:

the pc version runs great too, i dunno why that much hate for , makes me wonder if its just these other manufacturer and apple on the low bytching just to bytch cause MS went futuristic on us

they got a lot of things right on this , this looks and feel so smooth that you can throw this on a tablet,phone shyt even a tv and it would just feel right, this is something i think not even apple or android has achieved yet, they just have the lead in the units sold and hardware specs

next xbox going to be a problem
I used the release preview a couple of months ago. Metro is even better on touch screens. shyt is ridiculous how nice it is. Don't you have the samsung dart? I would recommend waiting if you are willing to get into a contract for a WP8 device. The rumor is that Sprint might be getting some super wp8 device. I might just have to cop that, I sold my lumia 900 because it was not getting WP8...Liquid will not be limited like that :rudy:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I used the release preview a couple of months ago. Metro is even better on touch screens. shyt is ridiculous how nice it is. Don't you have the samsung dart? I would recommend waiting if you are willing to get into a contract for a WP8 device. The rumor is that Sprint might be getting some super wp8 device. I might just have to cop that, I sold my lumia 900 because it was not getting WP8...Liquid will not be limited like that :rudy:

:guilty: ya i have the dart, am out my contract in January.

My thing is the whole ecosytem am heavily tied into the google ecosystem but i have a nexus tablet so it wouldn't affect me that much , IF they can step there app game up from here to January they have me sold just on U.I looks/feel alone for a phone

speaking of games , yall need to download the pinball fx 2 shyt runs dope as fuk , although i signed into xbl but didnt see my achievements or stuff there

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Few pro tips

1. Use the Windows Key to launch Metro fukk having to go to the bottom left all the time. Metro also launching on whatever screen your working on so if you got dual monitors it makes it even easier.

2. You can type any key while in the Metro interface to find an app or file

3. You can use Search to search within Metro apps so for example if you want the 2 Chainz album on Xbox Music instead of opening up the App just highlight search find the Xbox Music app and search away

4. Use SNAP view for things like Twitter have a twitter feed and The-Coli on when a game is running. Its also good for quick things like e-mail, social networking, weather, news etc

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
props on that jones, espeically the first tip

do you know if there is any way to search within the app store yet?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
liquid can you change this threat title to " Windows 8 Is Now Available ( OFFICIAL WINDOWS 8 THREAD) "

Daps
Reppin
St louis
just copped a new computer with the W8 upgrade
3 days ago.....been rockin with windows phones for
the last 2 years......best OS out PERIOD!!
I'm gonna download it..
a0yqua.jpg

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
props on that jones, espeically the first tip

do you know if there is any way to search within the app store yet?

You can just start typing whatever you're searching for once you launch the store app. It'll give a recommendation right away (if any). Hit Enter and it'll give you all of the results that come up.

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Another pro tip remember you guys can hold I believe control and use the scroll wheel on your mouse for a seismic view. This helps for finding apps and even navigating around an app.

Win8 mouse and keyboard functions are underrated its a pleasure to use.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
I just install this on my 11.6 ultra portable laptop with a dual core 1.2 ghz Intel ULV cpu smooth as butta!

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Threw this on a Virtual Machine in VMware player this morning. It's ok, but he UI is kind of unintuitive IMO - you can tell that they designed this with a touchscreen in mind (which I don't have). And my mouse/cursor seems to act kinda funky, though I'm not sure if it's an issue with VMware, the OS, or my graphics card drivers.

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Threw this on a Virtual Machine in VMware player this morning. It's ok, but he UI is kind of unintuitive IMO - you can tell that they designed this with a touchscreen in mind (which I don't have). And my mouse/cursor seems to act kinda funky, though I'm not sure if it's an issue with VMware, the OS, or my graphics card drivers.

Its probably because your in VMware which doesn't do you justice if you want the full experience slap it on your main PC and get used to it.

A lot of people complain "oh its designed for touch" blah blah blah but really Mouse + Keyboard work amazing its faster and easier to navigate from finding your apps to launching your apps. You just need to take the time to get used to the OS.

Drivers aren't ready yet but I'm using a full copy with no legit drivers and Win8 Enterprise RTM is working great on my XPS 13 can't wait for official drivers!

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
installed this morning looks fantastic as expected but it appears to be acting a bit wonky with my lenovo x1203's touchpad. But the shyt acted wonky even prior to this so im not sure if its a driver issue. I'll most def be copping a windows 8 tablet when they drop though.