Windows 8 Is Now Available (OFFICIAL WINDOWS 8 THREAD)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I done had a change of heart. :scusthov: Not downgrading to this at all. shyt ain't built nor optimized for desktop use. Most of my gripes can be seen in this video,

Windows 8: It's Almost Not Terrible - YouTube

shyt ain't bout that desktop life, :to:

- you close a app by grabbing it on swiping down off the screen
- omg i have to right click and move my mouse a bit more
-lol @ 4 clicks to have to reboot being a mission for them

These guys are power user and this is a big deviance for normal windows

there only legit complaint was the one about the mouse

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
not worth it if u can't keep it indefinitely. thats the main reason I went back to windows 7

Pretty much and I have no qualms with 7, alway been stable and my computer is always on or sleeping so that whole 5 sec startup shrug

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
- you close a app by grabbing it on swiping down off the screen
- omg i have to right click and move my mouse a bit more
-lol @ 4 clicks to have to reboot being a mission for them

These guys are power user and this is a big deviance for normal windows

there only legit complaint was the one about the mouse

They have valid points. Do you even have a desktop? Are you running multiple monitors to even witness how stupid the shyt feels. I am a power user. If you just a casual grandma ass nikka turn the other way.

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada

They have valid points. Do you even have a desktop? Are you running multiple monitors to even witness how stupid the shyt feels. I am a power user. If you just a casual grandma ass nikka turn the other way.

Desktop is way better no clutter thanks to Modern UI organization

Dual monitors is better task bar spans across all screens makes it dead easy to launch desktop apps

Windows 8 packs a lot of desktop improvements for power users. The guys that made this video don't know shyt completely hating on the platform.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Desktop is way better no clutter thanks to Modern UI organization

Dual monitors is better task bar spans across all screens makes it dead easy to launch desktop apps

Windows 8 packs a lot of desktop improvements for power users. The guys that made this video don't know shyt completely hating on the platform.

OK, enjoy. :troll:

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
10 reasons to upgrade to Windows 8 nothing to do with Metro

1.Refresh/Reset - the ability to reset your Windows settings to "factory settings" if an application or malware corrupts your system. Refresh will even attempt to keep your data intact. PC vendors have offered their own solutions to this for a while, but having it baked into the OS is a nice positive step forward and it is surprisingly fast to do.

2.The new "File Explorer" ribbon - After using the new ribbon-toolbar in Explorer for a while to delete and move files amongst other things, you start to realize how useless and lacking the one in Windows 7 was.
3.Boot up speed - If you are one to shut down and restart your computer a lot, you'll notice massive speed improvements booting up your computer compared to Windows 7, especially on an older computer. My three year old HP laptop feels like new again. Another cool thing I noticed is that my dual boot menu comes up while the system is booting so it isn't wasting time while I'm making my decision to use Windows 7 or Windows 8.

4.Log in with your Microsoft Account - Allows you to save your OS preferences such as what apps you own and display preferences to the cloud and have it sync between any device. Makes setting up an account more effortless on a computer you haven't logged into before.
5.Windows Defender - Windows Defender was promoted to a full anti-virus at no charge in Windows 8. If you prefer a freshly installed OS, this is one less thing you have to worry about.
6.Hyper-V - Built-in powerful virtualization is really useful for IT types and tinkerers, and the included version blows away the version of Microsoft Virtual PC that you had to download in the past.
7.No more CTRL+ALT+DEL - If your computer is joined to a domain, you never have to use the "three finger salute" ever again. Makes you wonder why you ever needed to do this in the first place? If you have ever experienced the pain of explaining to an elderly person how to do this, you will appreciate that this will soon be a thing of the past.
8.Storage Pools - Allows you to easily combine a series of external drives together as one volume for either added storage or redundancy. Simple to use for people who aren't RAID experts and more flexible.
9.Task Manager - Task Manager hasn't changed much at all over the years prior to Windows 8, but the new version has been overhauled to include more useful information than before, such as color coded displays of which applications are using more system resources than others, and more visual displays of system performance charts. It even gives you a convenient place to disable startup items that could be slowing your system down.
10.Saved the best for last- File History - Microsoft's answer to Apple's Time Machine allows you to plug in an external hard drive and have it transparently and silently keep a historical backup of your files with near zero configuration. Will be a great feature to encourage lazy people to back up their stuff and allows you to easily recover a file that may have been inadvertently deleted.

Taken from the Verge

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
How is Windows 8 on system resources? I'm getting a new PC relatively soon and trying to decide which OS to install on it. I run a lot of creative programs @ the same time so I don't want my shyt to slow down to a crawl. My current PC on Win7 already does that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i don't see whats wrong with windows 7 to need a windows 8. to me 7 is almost the perfect version of windows.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I will literally get a Windows Phone and switch from Droid if 2 things happen
-I can chat with my XBL friends from it-They advertise XBL Integration but yet my Droid can do just about everything the windows phone can do with it

-Quad Core, Integrated MS Office & a better marketplace. Essential for my switch

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
I hate when something new comes out because I'm always tempted to get it.

Only reason I installed 7 is because my hard drive crashed and since I had to install an OS I figured I might as well go with the new.

I gotta check this 8 out and see if it's worth my time.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hows the Chromebook?

its ok, i have the cr48, the ones that google gave away. I really dont use it anymore , my pops uses it to browse only , its a great little machine but since its a cloudbook , no internet makes it useless but spec wise its fine has a has like 80 gig ssd i think , but its reaching its age now, windows 8 will make it like new again i think