Windows 8 Is Now Available (OFFICIAL WINDOWS 8 THREAD)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i just sat here and went through all the apps in the app store

and not one was useful enough where i felt the need to install

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I havent installed it yet, but it shows what you guys have been missing with Windows Phone.

The Metro interface is nice. It works really really well with touch. I hate scrolling through apps man. The perfect combo for me is launcher 7 and Android...too bad I have not found a GREAT WP7 launcher just yet.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I havent installed it yet, but it shows what you guys have been missing with Windows Phone.

The Metro interface is nice. It works really really well with touch. I hate scrolling through apps man. The perfect combo for me is launcher 7 and Android...too bad I have not found a GREAT WP7 launcher just yet.

I was thinking about switching out to WP. How is it going from Android? I'm interested in stuff like native drive mounting (I.e. no iTunes like integration) and system resource use.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I was thinking about switching out to WP. How is it going from Android? I'm interested in stuff like native drive mounting (I.e. no iTunes like integration) and system resource use.
Wait for WP8. You are basically forced to use the zune app for most things (even updating firmware). Thats the only problem I had with WP. They are removing that requirement with WP8

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Wait for WP8. You are basically forced to use the zune app for most things (even updating firmware). Thats the only problem I had with WP. They are removing that requirement with WP8

Yeah that's major for me. No reason to be tied to an application or software if you are able to manage your phone manually.

:dwillhuh: @ how dope it is now when you play music

man as far U.I integration looks M$ just took 100 steps ahead of apple and android
SP1 should have everything perfect. They should have a winner with this one

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:snoop: you guys could have just played with one of the phones at the stores.

It's basically WP in desktop form. Glad people like it tho. Metro needs more love, that shyt is piff and a nice change to scrolling through hundreds and hundreds of app shortcuts.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

It's basically WP in desktop form. Glad people like it tho. Metro needs more love, that shyt is piff and a nice change to scrolling through hundreds and hundreds of app shortcuts.

I can rock with it for the most part.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

WP are straight i like the metro look always have since the OG zune BUT there app store is :to: i hope that the phone app store is different than one am lookin at now for PC cause if thats the only apps yall rockin on the phone :deadrose:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:dwillhuh: @ how dope it is now when you play music

man as far U.I integration looks M$ just took 100 steps ahead of apple and android

Now you see why I said the Nokia Lumia 900 is by far the best phone. The phone's UI and interface is so buttery smooth and eye pleasing its rediculous. Nearly every app looks fantastic due to metro theme apps are required to comply too. The entire OS just performs so much better than Android or IOS its not even funny.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
WP are straight i like the metro look always have since the OG zune BUT there app store is :to: i hope that the phone app store is different than one am lookin at now for PC cause if thats the only apps yall rockin on the phone :deadrose:

windows phone app store has over 100,000 apps

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
it obviously doesn't have as much apps as Android or the iPhone, but its definitely something you can work with.

Its not webOS or BlackBerry status...so you will be straight. Everyone should just wait for WP8...that shyt might crush the game with its syncing capabilities. WP8 is already better than iOS in many areas...if that shyt is handled correctly with Windows 8 on the desktop, tablet, and of course skydrive and now outlook.com? :whoo:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
fyi, for those using it i dunno if u noticed you but you have multitasking capabilities between your metro UI and your desktop, you can drag and drop a metro app all the way to right it will resize and stay there them you can click back to your metro home or desktop home and the original metro app will still be running to your right