Windows 8 Is Now Available (OFFICIAL WINDOWS 8 THREAD)

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Another Pro Tip for Windows 8

If you want to print a Metro APP you cant select print from inside the application you have to go to your charms bar -> select devices -> select the printer you want to print to.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Not really the sole purpose of keeping the Modern UI consistent is to share the same experience from your mobile device and your personal computer.

For example iPad and OSX don't share the core experience two different environments two different learning curves.

Windows 8 and Phone 8 share the same environment same learning curve.

Yep. These metro apps are dope too. This twitter app got me like :ahh:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
I done had a change of heart. :scusthov: Not downgrading to this at all. shyt ain't built nor optimized for desktop use. Most of my gripes can be seen in this video,

shyt ain't bout that desktop life, :to:

Last edited by a moderator:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I done had a change of heart. :scusthov: Not downgrading to this at all. shyt ain't built nor optimized for desktop use. Most of my gripes can be seen in this video,

Windows 8: It's Almost Not Terrible - YouTube

Kinda see their point, but it's not as extreme as they make it. You can mostly get by without Metro after getting to the desktop. Takes a bit of getting used to, but The desktop is mostly the same.

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada

Don't listen to these guys.. SMH their complaints are stupid for example uninstalling an APP

Windows 7 - Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
Win8 - Modern UI -> Right click on App -> Uninstall

SO much easier

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Don't listen to these guys.. SMH their complaints are stupid for example uninstalling an APP

Windows 7 - Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
Win8 - Modern UI -> Right click on App -> Uninstall

SO much easier

They would have had a 4 minute video if they would have hit their points and kept it moving. They kept bytching about the same few issues cause it wasn't much else to get on.

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada

It also depends what your using your computer for.

If you have your laptop and all you need to do is check e-mail, surf the web, download music, talk to friends all of that can be done using Metro.

Metro is for very simplistic computing and the good thing about it is that it uses less resources = more battery life

But if you need to get down and dirty and actually work on your computer Desktop is the way to go and with the ability of snapping Metro apps it helps the desktop experience better.

For example snap your Messages on the left hand side and continue working on what you need to do on your desktop.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Im not entirely too sure why people are bytching as much as they are about Metro. You can literally get to the old school desktop in less than 5 sec after launching the OS and never see Metro again if you don't want to. However, Metro itself has so much going for it its not even funny. Live tiles, fluid animations, great UI interface, and an overall fantastic experience. But even if you consider yourself an old curmudgeon that hates the idea of changing from the old desktop interface, Windows 8 has that. Or better still, you can stay with Windows 7.

People are such fakkits it makes me sick. Apple makes any change and people praise it to no end regardless or how pointless or retarded it is. Hell OSX lion was literally a downgrade from Snow Leopard and people somehow refuse to say so. I personally think Snow Leopard is the GOAT Mac OSX and still run with that on my Macbook. In general, Windows 8 has literally passed every other OS on the market right now in terms of interface, smoothness, and overall usefulness.

People just love to bytch, especially whenever M$ is involved. Its so disgusting...:scusthov: