Why Was TLOU2 Hated?

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your post automatically becomes invalid when you place all opinions in one category.:francis:

I mean I wasn't attacking your opinion breh. The OP wanted to know why TLOU2 was hated and I posted a consensus of the popular reactions of the time of release. If anything it's a shame people with legit gripes were drowned out by the loud chuds.

The decision to write in a Trans character (Lev) solely to give Abby a redemption arc for you to empathize with her was terrible and lazy writing. It came off forcibly that Lev was trans and not that they just happened to be Trans and they made that almost his whole identity.

My opinion, you ain't got to feel the same:yeshrug:

I don't think the game wanted to "redeem" Abby per say as much as show her as a fully layered human with bad traits and good traits. The game even called out Abby's actions via Mel who called her a bytch and a horrible person for using thechildren. It puts the full spotlight on all these characters and allows you to form your opinion about them. Also,keep in mind, Joel did some repugnant shyt as well before he met Elle. If anything Abby's arc has parallels to Joel's.

For me, it worked. It's fine if it didn't for anyone else.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ZzwYcS.gif

GOAT gameplay, GOAT acting, GOAT story :wow:

I went into the game thinking I was gonna hate it (didn't hear much about it outside of Joel dying and the Ellie being gay. I also felt pretty lukewarm about TLOU1). Enjoyed it from beginning to end.

lastofus-riley.gif

Ellie was confirmed gay in the DLC to the first game, Left Behind. It's like people don't actually play the games they bytch about. (not talking about u emissary lol)

an emissary from hell

I got the bricks from Wakanda
Daps
Reppin
2up2down
lastofus-riley.gif

Ellie was confirmed gay in the DLC to the first game, Left Behind. It's like people don't actually play the games they bytch about. (not talking about u emissary lol)

You're good lol, I actually hadn't played or really kept up with TLOU1 prior to all the outrage over TLOU2 so hearing about Ellie being gay was surprising at first. I thought it was overall well-written and I couldn't understand why gamers were so upset over the Dina/Ellie dynamic (well, I understood, but I thought it was mad childish :heh:).

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This nikka really wrote an essay just to ask the most obvious question...you find out 30 min into the game why it was hated...but I think you knew that :stopitslime: this place falling off
I think the purpose was to start a conversation about WHY that event caused so much hatred for an overall great game.

I think there's an interesting discussion to be had about the state of the gaming industry after that weird ass gamergate movement. Gamers (mainly white) have regressed to the point where they'd rather see generic white male protagonists with simple plots, than games with diverse characters and complex stories.

If a game like MGS3 released today, gamers would be outraged at The Boss as a character. Like big boss having a strong woman mentor was some attack on the fragile white male ego, led by some sort of feminist agenda invading the gaming industry.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think, if they restructure the game a bit, make you play Abby's part first right up until that moment. Then switch to Ellie, it wouldn't have been as hated.

I think they did an excellent job of building Abby's character but so many folks were turned off because of what happened.

If you play as her first, and see how they built her up you'd be more accepting.

Just my opinion.

I had no problem with her. I think she was justified in seeking revenge for what Joel did.

I also know why he did it.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I personally loved it, TLOU2 played better than the first game. Incels and cacs hated this game for obvious reasons. But what got me was they were mad Joel died:mjlol:

I had that scene with the golf club as a my background on ps4 :lolbron:
Speaking from a fan pov of a joel fan "you're a sick sob"

Speaking from a common sense pov "I understand lot of mf's don't know Joel and Tommy weren't exactly saints far from it"

Them nikkas had it coming...if we played as abbey and the other dude in the first game and joel and ellie did that to them in pt 2 we'd be saying the same thing about Joel and Ellie...

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
While 2 was technically a better game the story is so dreary and the characters unlikable for many people so when you finish it you are left thinking “I don’t want to play that again”. I replayed 1 countless times, I will probably never play part 2 again.

It’s very hard to get people to have true sympathy for characters they see as the enemy. ND wasn’t able to pull it off. So while I understand Abby’s POV, I don’t care. People were purposely letting her get killed by Tommy when clearly he should be seen as the enemy, thats an issue.

Last edited:

StackUp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
this guy explains it perfectly for anyone who was a diehard TLOU fan:

F*CK this game. What a WASTE of brilliant gameplay mechanics and graphics

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
its worse in literally every way. TLOU2 won like 100x more GOTY awards. you know a game is meh when the best thing about it is... the fukking grass :wow:
- writing
- combat
- performances/acting
- presentation
- graphics
- moment to moment gameplay
- animation
- story
- intensity
- gameplay overall
- AI

all worse.

Ghosts is a fukking generic open world game with a bland open world full of nothing to do but chase foxes.

the enemies die the same way EVERY SINGLE TIME.

"REALISTIC" GAME with no fukking limbs flying

FAILS TO CAPTUE the true brutality of the Japanese invasion by the Mongols.. those mfs were BRUTAL. this shyt felt like a kids game in comparison to TLOU 2.

the faceoffs are ALL the same

AUTOFAIL STEALTH MISSIONS IN 2021.. straight out of a 2007 Ass Creed game.

RETARDED ass AI

the characters show NO emotion in their face during cutscenes, they dont even fukking move, they just stand there, in every cutscene - kills any sense of immersion

there are no random events in the open world. Nothing to do in it. Just a bunch of pretty grass.

come on man. i dont understand yall

it pisses me off :wow:

:damn:

Did you like horizon I just started that :lupe: