why do black pastors all do that "tell your neighbor" sh1t?

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Stopped going when the pastor was stiff arming me like Earl Campbell trying to get me to pass out :wtf: part of the game is this?

He like: "the lord said you are free" :lawd:

*Pushes my head down as hard as he can*

me: :what: :stopitslime:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
*first time at a friend or girl's church*

Pastor: Any newcomers who came to praise with us this Sunday if you could please stand up
Girl: *looks at me* :usure:
Me: :mjpls:

:russ:

My boo thang did the same thing

On the drive over:
Me: Now you know when they recognize the visitors, they gon ask you to stand up and say a few words if you choose.
Him: Oh yeah thats cool..I got that

*welcoming of visitors, asking them to stand*

Me: :usure:
Him: :yeshrug: (doesnt stand)

First time I went to my pops church a couple years ago, me and my brother had to do this. the congregation was so small everybody knew it was your first time and when the pastor spoke they were all lookin at you like :mjpls: before you could even get up.

Oh yea I thought I was the only one who didnt like all the greeting ish. My pops joint close to the end of the service they tell you to walk around and shake hands. I just stand in my same spot and shake the hands around, you can miss me w/ all that walking around. Actually the first time I didnt mind so until i shook the hand of this elderly woman and her hands were so crusty it felt like she aint used lotion since the day she was conceived :merchant:. I never walked around after that. Then what further confirmed my actions (or non action in this case) was one time when I seen a nikka diggin up his nose :gag: after that I was just like mane fukk it. From then on I had a mental list of who not to sit next to and avoid shaking hands and if they came in my direction Id look the other way.

neko_804

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#GangGreen
Stopped going when the pastor was stiff arming me like Earl Campbell trying to get me to pass out :wtf: part of the game is this?

He like: "the lord said you are free" :lawd:

*Pushes my head down as hard as he can*

me: :what: :stopitslime:

Birth date in the 70's huh:jawalrus:

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
I hate those pastors who be soundin' like they need an asthma pump between each pause in a sentence....I be like ":what: nikka the Bible shouldn't get you THAT worked up....breathe easy"

And I used to hate when you'd be singing a song in church with everyone else that you thought you knew.....then all of a sudden they be addin' these extra verses that you never heard before in your damn life

One second it's "This is the daaaaay, this is the daaaay that the Loooord haaaaaas maaaaaade".....then they come out with some random shyt like "The Lord the Lord the Looooord, he is my light and salvation"

I'm sittin' there like ":wtf: The fukk.....is this the remix?"

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I hate those pastors who be soundin' like they need an asthma pump between each pause in a sentence....I be like ":what: ***** the Bible shouldn't get you THAT worked up....breathe easy"

And I used to hate when you'd be singing a song in church with everyone else that you thought you knew.....then all of a sudden they be addin' these extra verses that you never heard before in your damn life

One second it's "This is the daaaaay, this is the daaaay that the Loooord haaaaaas maaaaaade".....then they come out with some random **** like "The Lord the Lord the Looooord, he is my light and salvation"

I'm sittin' there like ":wtf: The ****.....is this the remix?"

Lol

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Y'all ever been to a white denominational church?

No nikkafied pageantry. No asthmatic pastors. No nosy ass wanna-be uppity nikkas that's trying to run some church committee.

Just a greeting. A song. A scripture. Sermon. And a close.

But I loves my Black church tho. Methodist too (United Methodist). None of that sambo missionary baptist shyt :win:

You haven't seen fine women til you've been to a high class Black church. :shaq:

Real talk tho? If you're looking for a church, research the denominations and watch some sermons online.

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: I thought my church back home was the only one's during this.

That shyt is annoying.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Y'all ever been to a white denominational church?

No nikkafied pageantry. No asthmatic pastors. No nosy ass wanna-be uppity nikkas that's trying to run some church committee.

Just a greeting. A song. A scripture. Sermon. And a clos
e.

But I loves my Black church tho. Methodist too (United Methodist). None of that sambo missionary baptist shyt :win:

You haven't seen fine women til you've been to a high class Black church. :shaq:

Real talk tho? If you're looking for a church, research the denominations and watch some sermons online.

nikka you must not have been to those ready mart non dom churches. nikkas be having full on concerts inside the church