why do black pastors all do that "tell your neighbor" sh1t?

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
:russ: I used to hate this shyt, I never turned to my neighbor ever when they did that shyt.

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
Wait a minute. All of you nikkas on the coli are fukking dimes and running game on women, but you are too introverted to turn to your left and right at church and say " God is good!"? I love that shyt. If you know the pastor is going to do that, then position yourself next to some potential and left the pastor make way for you to move. You nikkas is doing church all wrong.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
As a minister, I'll tell you the real. It's insecurity. They fear losing the audience while preaching. So if you keep the audience engaged. You'll be less likely to lose them if you tell them to do the Hokey Pokey, then to straight preach from the Bible. Because with a lot them (not all) they really can't preach that well. That's why some of them be hooping and hollering at the end because they're boring.

Think of it like hip hop concert. All the old school "Throw your hands in the air". It's audience engagement.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
the worst is when you go visit a new church for the first time. the "stand up and tell us why you came to such and such baptist church. talk about uncomfortable if you an introvert. and don't let it be a huge church with 5000 members and they have you on the giant screen, oh no.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Wait a minute. All of you nikkas on the coli are fukking dimes and running game on women, but you are too introverted to turn to your left and right at church and say " God is good!"? I love that shyt. If you know the pastor is going to do that, then position yourself next to some potential and left the pastor make way for you to move. You nikkas is doing church all wrong.

Says the guy with a one way ticket to hell for scamming on chics in church :russ:

semtex

:)
Daps
buncha loners

its a good thing...

almost everything about current day modern church is positive...

all churches do it...and I have been too all sorts of churchs all sorts of denomination...

its a human thing. interaction.
I'll smash ya moms in the pulpit

little4209

All Star
Daps
DAWG! lol I went to church 2 weeks ago, rarely ever go...."Look at ya neigbor and say..." :comeon:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Why do so many congregations have these staples and routines that they always have to do, switch it up, variety is the spice of life.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
shyt is stupid as hell :what: when i go with my dad to church this shyt always happens.

Pastor: "Look at ya neighbuh, say 'NEIGBHUUHHH, DA LAWD IS GUUUD'."

neighbor: *looks in my direction*

me: :mjpls: :comeon:

neighbor: :manny: *talks to other neighbor*

you played yourself

Imhotep

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all ever been to a white denominational church?

No nikkafied pageantry. No asthmatic pastors. No nosy ass wanna-be uppity nikkas that's trying to run some church committee.

Just a greeting. A song. A scripture. Sermon. And a close.

:pachaha: