why do black pastors all do that "tell your neighbor" sh1t?

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
I think its corny but I like the thought of getting know the folks you attend church with. Some pastors go over board with though. :snoop:

Went to Church this past Sunday for my family reunion and Pastor did it atleast 10 times. After the 5th time me and the old lady sitting next to me just stop looking at each other altogether.

Daps
shyt is stupid as hell :what: when i go with my dad to church this shyt always happens.

Pastor: "Look at ya neighbuh, say 'NEIGBHUUHHH, DA LAWD IS GUUUD'."

neighbor: *looks in my direction*

me: :mjpls: :comeon:

neighbor: :manny: *talks to other neighbor*
You going too hell down a slide with charcoals wrapped around your waist. :devil: :fire: :evil:

• Dap
Reactions: I'z

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I think its corny but I like the thought of getting know the folks you attend church with. Some pastors go over board with though. :snoop:

Went to Church this past Sunday for my family reunion and Pastor did it atleast 10 times. After the 5th time me and the old lady sitting next to me just stop looking at each other altogether.

Yeah, it is a good device to break ice b/tn you and folks, but like you said after awhile you just staring straight and :birdman:

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
*first time at a friend or girl's church*

Pastor: Any newcomers who came to praise with us this Sunday if you could please stand up
Girl: *looks at me* :usure:
Me: :mjpls:

:russ:

My boo thang did the same thing

On the drive over:
Me: Now you know when they recognize the visitors, they gon ask you to stand up and say a few words if you choose.
Him: Oh yeah thats cool..I got that

*welcoming of visitors, asking them to stand*

Me: :usure:
Him: :yeshrug: (doesnt stand)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I hate that shyt too. :smh:

Only thing more annoying than that is the "offering". :stopitslime: