Why aren't men like Steph Curry

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure what's funny, unless you couldn't understand what I wrote.

When you have any choice of black woman you want, and you go with a white girl in America, you're a sellout. Period.

You said any race. Don't try to change it up now Mr. pro-black.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marrying a white woman or a gold digger doesn't make someone a cornball. If that were true then a lot of NFL/NBA players would be considered corn balls.

I dont flip flop, if you are a black man with a white woman, I see you as a cornball for that decision, period.
I won't listen to a word Michael Jordan, Doc Rivers, Reggie Bush, RGIII has to say about black women, they made their choice.

In pro-black circles you can't bring your white wife around and start talking about pro-black shyt:skip:

Some of ya'll posters really exposing yourselves :leostare:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Instead of praising a black man for his accomplishments y'all would rather call him a cornball for not fitting the image you want him to. Ok then.

I praise Russell for his accomplishments.

Marrying a white woman was not one of them.
Getting with Ciara was not one of them.

I don't operate with binary logic.

We take the good with the bad.

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
its finger pointing when its women, but telling it like it is when its men.

:usure:
My thread was a counter argument.
You guys came in here with the finger pointing.

You really think the percentage of decent people is that small? :lupe:
Wasn't speaking in regards to relationships, just in general. I know women with bad qualities as a person that are good spouses.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
You said any race. Don't try to change it up now Mr. pro-black.

Yes, because he did have his choice of any race. How is that not being pro-Black by stating a fact? You must be pro-Black the way Tariq Nasheed is pro-Black.

There's nothing to switch up.

If you're a black QB getting first round drafted, you can choose from any race and any kind of woman, and he chose the race that enslaved his ancestors for 400 years.

Straight cornball status.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
That would be all great and fine if we weren't talking about a COMMUNITY issue. I mean your individualistic point of view is great and all...because we all know how far that has gotten us.... but how does that help solve the issue.

Before we fix the community, we must work on individual, interpersonal issues. You're supposed to build from the ground up.

Honestly, you think shaming individuals when everything else is their environment says the opposite will change the problem vs changing shared cultural norms.

Nobody is shaming anybody! :what: All I'm saying is that everybody has a choice. And for every choice, there's a consequence. People MUST accept personal responsibility for their choices. That's all I'm saying.:mindblown:

I'm just really trying to understand how you think point the finger we realistically change anything and how you can justify BM not doing their part in their communities especially when their want to "lead" that community.

Look, short of rape, men CANNOT force women to have sex with them.

Men pursue who to get involved with and women CHOOSE which man/men are worthy of their time, attention, and affection.

Nobody is justifying what dusty/unfit/dumbass black men do. But at this core of this issue is the fact that women on the whole continuously CHOOSE ain't shyt men. If women as a collective started holding out for aspiring doctors, scientists, accountants, etc., within 5 years, you'd see most men aspiring to be those type of professionals. Women HAVE to know the power they wield in the dating world. With the power, comes responsibility.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Man, from the naked eye there seems to be a big difference between Russell Wilson and Steph.

Russ seems like the type of dude that knows nothing about black culture, whereas Steph may have grew up wealthy but doesn't seem white-washed.

This all perception, tho. But that's why dudes clown Russ and don't clown Steph.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont flip flop, if you are a black man with a white woman, I see you as a cornball for that decision, period.
I won't listen to a word Michael Jordan, Doc Rivers, Reggie Bush, RGIII has to say about black women, they made their choice.

In pro-black circles you can't bring your white wife around and start talking about pro-black shyt:skip:

Some of ya'll posters really exposing yourselves :leostare:

@ the bolded then I'm not talking about you.

Exposing how? Lol

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I praise Russell for his accomplishments.

Marrying a white woman was not one of them.
Getting with Ciara was not one of them.

I don't operate with binary logic.

We take the good with the bad.

But let's be real more people focus on the bad.

There have been numerous stats coming out about what Russell has been doing in his career and not one plat thread has been made about it instead we have multiple platinum threads with guys attacking him for marrying a single mother.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Instead of praising a black man for his accomplishments y'all would rather call him a cornball for not fitting the image you want him to. Ok then.

and we do this.

not sure what it is about the internet that makes people want to live in alternate realities

but everybody black reading this knows this is true.

this is a very bizarre but interesting thread