Why are Chris Brown Stans so delusional about his career and overhype his talent?

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
What makes Chris Brown so different from Bobby Brown, Usher, Ginuwine, Tevin Cambell etc? Why is he hyped up when he was never as sucessful as some of the people I've mentioned? That's the definition of HYPE.
I agree, he had the hype. I never really felt his music. It didn’t have that appeal that I could bump it in the whip. That’s what I meant by his music not being versatile enough.

MJ and Usher’s music reached everyone. Chris Brown became more niche
As the years went on, then he jumped on the euro trash bandwagon.

Now the hype is gone, most people can see he’s just a glorified dancer. Not that great a singer or song writer.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
I agree, he had the hype. I never really felt his music. It didn’t have that appeal that I could bump it in the whip. That’s what I meant by his music not being versatile enough.

MJ and Usher’s music reached everyone. Chris Brown became more niche
As the years went on, then he jumped on the euro trash bandwagon.

Now the hype is gone, most people can see he’s just a glorified dancer. Not that great a singer or song writer.

his fans pride themselves with the fact he does so much, he doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
CB doesn't even have a song close to Adorn you by Miguel. Lets not even talk about The Dream. These are both Artist I would argue are the same generation as CB, unless we aren't counting Chris as a teen

Ne-Yo came out around the same tome as CB. Ne-Yo is the superior songwriter and has better music. The women gravitated more to Chris because of his appearance.

Ne-Yo> Chris Brown

Last edited:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Can you actually listen to someone dance? :dahell:

Can you hear the dancing in the music?

Don't be an idiot.

But the topic is best R&B artist, dancing is a artistic skill, that gives the person a extra point. Especially when it comes to videos and live performances. I thought we was judging them by overall skill and not just the music:gucci:.

Part of the reason MJ was so big was because of his dancing :gucci:

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
But the topic is best R&B artist, dancing is a artistic skill, that gives the person a extra point. Especially when it comes to videos and live performances. I thought we was judging them by overall skill and not just the music:gucci:.

Part of the reason MJ was so big was because of his dancing :gucci:

:snoop: It's the music that matters the most. The dancing is just a bonus.
I'm pretty sure the music MJ made was timeless unlike CB.

Chris Brown is not Michael Jackson or even Usher.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Let’s keep it 100.

Chris could’ve easily been as big as MJ. Not saying he can sing, dance or write better music than the king.

But this guy had it all; he was in movies, he had the lucrative fan base of both the girls and family and he could dance.

He was on the right path until his name became a verb for beating on women. He really really fukked up. Especially being black, they were never gonna let him live it down.

White rock stars have beaten women and have had sex with underage girls but the media will sweep that under the carpet. Now he has that night following him everywhere he goes.

He could’ve redeemed himself but going down the thug/gangbanging route lost him a lot of fans. Now mainly bird brains/hood rats are his fan base.

Michael Jackson and Usher were able to appeal to all spectrums of the market. Chris Brown completely isolated himself trying to act hard. The people around him should’ve been tougher on him but now his ship has sailed.

And I have no idea why people are putting nsync and backstreet boys in the same category when Chris brown arrived on the scene years after their peak.

Got it wrong in the first sentence, pleighboy.
Mike was the most successful musical artist and entertainer ever. These cacs can try to downplay it but the numbers dont lie.
Nobody has sold more records than him. Not the Beatles, Not Garth Brooks, Not U2, Not James Brown, Not Prince, Not NSYNC or the Backstreet Boys, and definitely not the motherfukking Eagles.
Chris was never going to reach that level.
The nikka Mike damn near has his own genre of music.
Even in the best case scenario, Chris Brown coulda have done Don't Be Cruel or Confessions numbers.
Nobody.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Ne-Yo came out around the same tome as CB. Ne-Yo is the superior song-writer and has better music. The women gravitated more to Chris because of his appearance.

Ne-Yo> Chris Brown

If Neyo was around in the late 80s/early 90s he would have made BANK behind the scenes, but hell I'm sure he ate pretty good regardless during his career.

Daps
Let’s keep it 100.
Chris could’ve easily been as big as MJ.

TheseUnimportantBufflehead-size_restricted.gif