Why are Chris Brown Stans so delusional about his career and overhype his talent?

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I think some of you are misunderstanding what I’m saying. I don’t think Chris Brown has 1 tenth of the talent MJ has. He’s not even on Bobby Brown/Ginuwine’s level BUT.. at the time, he had all the hype to be as big as MJ.

He was dating the biggest pop star.
He was in successful movies.
He had a huge fan base.
By 08/09, Usher had fallen off (in terms of popularity).
Ne-Yo didn’t have the same mainstream appeal, so there was no one challenging him.

Then once he fukked it up, Justin Bieber swooped in and took most of his fans and the gap in the market Chris Brown left.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
This dude music is trash and pretty much full on pop. He’s not better then Miguel, weeknd or frank ocean in his one generation.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
He's talented, but he's wasted it.
:manny:

He's drugged out and tries too hard to be a gangsta. Also, he doesn't really have any true legendary hits. R Kelly, Ginuwine, Avant, Omarion, even J Holiday got classics. You play some of those artist's songs, and you automatically getting them panties. Chris Brown's music just doesn't do that.

His stuff doesn’t age well. I admit his first album has some cuts but adult Chris Brown makes music of the moment.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Yea I just chalked it up to me being :flabbynsick:

But I was 21 when he first came out and his shyt was weak back then too

fishfry600

All Star
Daps
sisgoat>chris brown.
images

Daps
most of the people in the industry will testify to his greatness, despite the fact that he's been blackballed. i just watched something to that effect today. even his old enemy drake admitted he was one of the greatest talents recently.

you dont have to believe "stans" but the word of peers/enemies in any industry definitely has more weight than any haters on a forum :francis: