Where The fukk Are My ADOS At

truth2you

All Star
Daps
You can’t tell unless it’s obvious or unless the immigrant is wearing a specific swag of clothes from his background that make it obvious.
So, how do yall know who is who in these areas?

Places like Flatbush has new immigrants coming in constantly, but even then ADOS still lived there, I was one of them. I just didn't see any difference with most of us who were from there. And I never asked someone where their family is from, I always asked where they lived, that's it. Overtime I learned about their family, but that is only people I knew, if I saw someone in the street I just assume they are either ADOS or Caribbean, never cared like that because we all acted like NYC people. The only people I noticed were people who just got here, or white people. Of course Latins were noticed, but even then, they acted just like ADOS so I never cared.

My ass needs some ethnicity glasses because I don't see what yall are seeing!

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
So, how do yall know who is who in these areas?

Places like Flatbush has new immigrants coming in constantly, but even then ADOS still lived there, I was one of them. I just didn't see any difference with most of us who were from there. And I never asked someone where their family is from, I always asked where they lived, that's it. Overtime I learned about their family, but that is only people I knew, if I saw someone in the street I just assume they are either ADOS or Caribbean, never cared like that because we all acted like NYC people. The only people I noticed were people who just got here, or white people. Of course Latins were noticed, but even then, they acted just like ADOS so I never cared.

My ass needs some ethnicity glasses because I don't see what yall are seeing!

Jamaicans and Haitians had specific swags that made them obvious.

Haitians also had the name thing going on. Not many ADOS with the names Jean, Pierre or the last name Desrosiers, Pierre Louis etc.

One thing I do notice about other Caribbean people is that they tend to look American fast.

Bajans, Trinis, Vincy etc.

My virgin island friends from the Bronx you’ll never know they from there unless they tell you.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
From birth to 9 y/o I was in Rochdale Village, then I moved to Harlem in Fall ‘01.
How old are you because Queens, and Rochdale Village, was ADOS territory, especially middle class. Of course immigrants lived there, they had no choice if they were black, but most were ADOS. Since the mid- late 2000's more moved to the south, so it may be different now.

My grandmother lived in Rochdale Village, and going to church you can see it was high in ADOS. ADOS, and Caribbean churches in NYC have different styles of doing church. 50 cent lived close to there and hustled over there, and his family is ADOS. His grandparents are straight from the Carolinas, his grandpops is funny as hell with that old school southern talk!

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
How old are you because Queens, and Rochdale Village, was ADOS territory, especially middle class. Of course immigrants lived there, they had no choice if they were black, but most were ADOS. Since the mid- late 2000's more moved to the south, so it may be different now.

My grandmother lived in Rochdale Village, and going to church you can see it was high in ADOS. ADOS, and Caribbean churches in NYC have different styles of doing church. 50 cent lived close to there and hustled over there, and his family is ADOS. His grandparents are straight from the Carolinas, his grandpops is funny as hell with that old school southern talk!

You have videos of his grandpa?

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Jamaicans and Haitians had specific swags that made them obvious.

Haitians also had the name thing going on. Not many ADOS with the names Jean, Pierre or the last name Desrosiers, Pierre Louis etc.

One thing I do notice about other Caribbean people is that they tend to look American fast.

Bajans, Trinis, Vincy etc.

My virgin island friends from the Bronx you’ll never know they from there unless they tell you.
But that is people who just got here, that isn't the majority

I agree with everything you said, except how can you tell just by looking? Brooklyn alone has millions of people, once you include the other boroughs it gets even higher. Harlem is just a neighborhood, so I don't really look at Harlem like I do the boroughs.

Again, how can yall just assume most people in certain areas are of a certain ethnicity just by looking at them? Again, I'm not talking about newly arrived people.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Non ADOS black foreigner dominated cities are in the extreme minority. Boston, NYC, and Miami are the anomalies. You go to any city outside of those 3, and the overwhelmingly vast majority of black ppl you will encounter are ADOS. Even cities like Houston, ATL, and DC that have large groups of West and East Africans on the surface, are still dominated by ADOS in every faccet. Politics, numbers, cultural visibility, etc, etc. Boston is anomaly USA.

:yeshrug:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
But that is people who just got here, that isn't the majority

I agree with everything you said, except how can you tell just by looking? Brooklyn alone has millions of people, once you include the other boroughs it gets even higher. Harlem is just a neighborhood, so I don't really look at Harlem like I do the boroughs.

Again, how can yall just assume most people in certain areas are of a certain ethnicity just by looking at them? Again, I'm not talking about newly arrived people.

The only people I can tell are Haitian folks mainly because of their names.

If they are American and their parents from Haiti they will still have a Haitian name.

As for the others you can’t tell unless you ask or unless they are off the boat or wear a specific swag based from their nation.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
it's not true. Brooklyn has a big Caribbean population, staten island and Harlem have big african populations and the bronx is centered heavily around Hispanics with queens being a melting pot. However in a 5 boroughs and out to Nassau and Suffolk counties ADOS is still the majority :takedat:

28 percent of blacks people in NYC are foreign born. And that’s not including their children

truth2you

All Star
Daps
28 percent of blacks people in NYC are foreign born. And that’s not including their children
So that means they are at the most 50%

Where did you get that info from?

BTW, I want to know because I like having facts, I aint on any hating shyt, because I know someone is gonna turn this into a shyt throwing contest. I'm letting it be known I'm not down with it

• Dap
Reactions: Meh