Where The fukk Are My ADOS At

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
We're deep even in the Caribbean areas just scattered about and sometimes intermarried.

But keep in mind that there are A LOT of people who seem Ados--and even claim it--but are actually something else.

And there are a lot half Puerto-Ricans.

The only Caribbean areas where I know for a fact ADOS is deep in are the Caribbean areas in Queens and Crown Heights in Brooklyn.

The other Brooklyn areas like Flatbush, East Flatbush and Canarsie do not seem to have a deep ADOS presence to me.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
That’s not true. West Indians are also heavy in east New York, Brownsville and Bed Stuy.

Can’t speak for the whole NYC but I do think Caribbean people got AAs beat in numbers in Brooklyn.

The Bronx and Harlem I won’t argue cause AAs are def the deeper group in both places.
Literally can count on two hands the amount of "ADOS" I know from Brooklyn. With that being said despite being of Caribbean descent I always looked at myself as African American "first" and "Caribbean" second since I was born and raised here:yeshrug:. And it's a similar scenario with most of the 2nd gen Caribbean people I know.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Somewhat OT, what are the ADOS neighborhoods in NYC? Harlem is gentrified so that’s a no, where’s the ADOS stronghold here?

What are you talking about?

Central Harlem is a very African American neighborhood

The largest group of people there and their influence is still the strongest.

But to answer your question Bed Stuy, Coney Island, St Albans, South Jamaica, Hollis, Morrisiana are ADOS areas.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Literally can count on two hands the amount of "ADOS" I know from Brooklyn. With that being said despite being of Caribbean descent I always looked at myself as African American "first" and "Caribbean" second since I was born and raised here:yeshrug:. And it's a similar scenario with most of the 2nd gen Caribbean people I know.

Born in Flatbush and raised in Midwood throughout my life almost all my ADOS friends came from Coney Island.

When I went to Midwood High School I only knew a few ADOS folks (one that was the nephew of Lil Kim). I only knew 2 people my entire high school years who were ADOS that lived in flatbush.

The rest of the ADOS came from far areas to attend my school like Forte Greene and East New York.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
Born in Flatbush and raised in Midwood throughout my life almost all my ADOS friends came from Coney Island.

When I went to Midwood High School I only knew a few ADOS folks (one that was the nephew of Lil Kim). I only knew 2 people my entire high school years who were ADOS that lived in flatbush.

The rest of the ADOS came from far areas to attend my school like Forte Greene and East New York.
I see what you mean. We kinda invisible in Flatbush but trust me we're scattered about.

Everyone thought I was Haitian growing up since I hung out mostly around them and my block was like 75% Haitian.

I went to E-Hall which was like less than 10% Ados

Geode

All Star
Daps
Suffolk County yes but ADOS is the deepest in Nassau?
elmont and valley stream aka Queens jr definitely Caribbean. Freeport/Baldwin also. Westbury prob mostly Caribbean. New Cassel used to be ADOS, but its Hispanic. Black parts of white areas likerosslyn, great neck and glen cove may still be ADOS. Hempstead and Roosevelt may still be ADOS.

In Suffolk, we're still hanging in there but yall are coming in strong, especially my old neighborhood. And the country people went back down south after they retired.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I see what you mean. We kinda invisible in Flatbush but trust me we're scattered about.

Everyone thought I was Haitian growing up since I hung out mostly around them and my block was like 75% Haitian.

I went to E-Hall which was like less than 10% Ados
My parents church was located on Midwood St and Albany.

I guess that’s considered “Wingate” but those few blocks has a good amount of ADOS as well.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Maybe I'm bugging, but how can yall look at people and tell if they are ADOS or Immigrant?

Everyone looks, and acts, just like ADOS. The only time you can tell is when you talk to people, or they look like they just got here, but just from looks, how? ADOS have so many looks. In my family alone some look Ethiopian, Caribbean latin, West Indian, West African, and even Southeast Asian, but we all are ADOS, none of us have any immigrant mixture.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
What are you talking about?

Central Harlem is a very African American neighborhood

The largest group of people there and their influence is still the strongest.

But to answer your question Bed Stuy, Coney Island, St Albans, South Jamaica, Hollis, Morrisiana are ADOS areas.

I live close to Central Harlem, yeah I see my kin and things like First Friday be dope, but most of us in Harlem don’t own our homes. :hubie:

• Dap

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Maybe I'm bugging, but how can yall look at people and tell if they are ADOS or Immigrant?

Everyone looks, and acts, just like ADOS. The only time you can tell is when you talk to people, or they look like they just got here, but just from looks, how? ADOS have so many looks. In my family alone some look Ethiopian, Caribbean latin, West Indian, West African, and even Southeast Asian, but we all are ADOS, none of us have any immigrant mixture.

You can’t tell unless it’s obvious or unless the immigrant is wearing a specific swag of clothes from his background that make it obvious.

• Dap

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I live close to Central Harlem, yeah I see my kin and things like First Friday be dope, but most of us in Harlem don’t own our homes. :hubie:

If I’m not mistaken most black folks in America technically don’t own their home or it’s close to 50%.

Don’t feel too bad.

I was on 143rd and Lenox the other day and I felt like I was in ADOS territory.