Where The fukk Are My ADOS At

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Was Suffolk County and the areas you're from, somewhat "country" or rural when you were growing up? And did that make it easier for AA's from the South to migrate and ingratiate themselves to that area during the great migration?

I always joke around and say Wyandach looks like a NY version of Memphis TN lol.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Absolutely. Some parts of suffolk were marketed like that as early as the 1920s (ie Gordon heights).

About half of the folks in my neighborhood came straight from the south. I know some folks who came here in the 60s from NC and said it reminded them of home. The other half were those whose folks migrated from the south to NYC first, then moved out to Suffolk in the 60s and 70s. There's some other dynamics at play too, like employment opportunities at all the state mental institutions.
I do believe that some blacks came up here as seasonal migrant workers for some of the larger farms on the east end and wound up just staying.

And then of course there was small black communities that just always existed as early as the late 1800s.

Thank You for explaining cause I know the migration had a lot to do with opportunities so I was confused why people from the south would leave home just to go to Suffolk County.

Daps
Do you understand that if your get reparations then other Blacks will get reparations too.

And that's why no one will get it.

Some of you really need to start having knowledge of issues your discuss:snoop:
No I don’t understand that because that isn’t true

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
But that's why the articles are being dishonest to me, and you are proof of that

Most Africans who come here are from Nigeria, and they already have college degrees. That isn't the same for other black immigrants, but the article on Africans in NYC didn't mention this, at least what I read, they made it seem like most are poor, uneducated & struggling then worked hard when they came here. They focused on the few who did do that, but that isn't the majority when looking at stats. Of course if you come here with a degree already, you are not competing with those who don't have one, you can come up much quicker just due to less debt alone, but they left that part out!

Then when talking about Caribbeans its also another story based on where they come from, but the article just put all Caribbeans in the same category, and when talking about famous west indians, they just left out those people came up under ADOS CULTURE! They also left out a lot of Caribbeans who are older couldn't come here without a sponsor, and have $2000, that also put you into another category. If you can come up with $2000(American dollars) in a foreign country, you have a lot of help!

I just don't like articles that leave out important points, then try to compare themselves to ADOS. You can tell its a "I'm better then" game for the writers. What's sad is they helped create the beefs we have today, even though they aren't that serious, but it can turn to that under the right circumstances. This is how the KKK was formed, the movie "birth of a nation" spread lies, and boom the KKK was formed. It's sad as black people we have people on both sides who just want to compete, but if you are black & your group is small, that is dumb as hell. White society can turn on you at anytime, but now you have enemies who won't speak for you anymore. Latins are experiencing this NOW, what makes these fools think it won't happen with black foreigners? Selfishness is a sad thing.
Because they were. The degrees they come with hold no weight..forcing them to go to school again here in the states. My mom had a biology degree couldn't get a job and went to BU and got a nursing degree then went and got her masters. My dad had an arts degree due to language barrier he was stuck and he's been driving cabs ever since. Plus you have to think about the currency exchange. It was decent back in the 60s but shyt got wild once the 90s hit. People ended up coming broker than they were back home. This is really a nuanced topic. If you want more insight PM me or make another thread..I could talk About this for days. I understand where you're coming from though a lot of these publications are written by white folk who like sow discord and Generally have no clue about shyt.

Also a lot of Latin Americans especially out west play the race game. It's not that bad in NY or parts in Boston Because we grew up together but I know out west they become worse than the kkk in some areas. Plus with the age of the internet alot of black folks are peeping and pulling back on helping anyone dropping an ounce of anti black sentiment

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Off course they claim Africa. It’s black that sometimes they don’t claim.

:mjpls:
Cant have your cake and eat it too. I've had AADOS tell me i'm not black because i'm not from here. So which is it?

Like i said many times historically in the USA, the term "black" has always designated black americans. I'm sure your parents who are haitian claim "nwa" or "noir" which means black in kreyol/french. But they'll describe a black american as "yon black". Well this is probably because many black americans have always claimed the term "black" for themselves and only for themselves.

I told you all many times about the joke with my former college classmate. This conversation took place in the student lobbby of (now) Kennesaw State University back in 2004:
Melissa - You dont kow what a funnel cake is?
Me - No. :huh:
Krysten - I'm gonna have to revoke your black card, darling.
Me - What does funnel cakes have to do with being black?
Melissa - Well you're not black anyway. Arent you from a different country or something?
Krysten - Oh that's why you have that weird accent when you say certain words.
Me - Wait... what does me not being american have to do with being black.
Melissa - Well just because you look black dont make you black. You can have black skin and not be black. You're... whatever you are. i dont know.
Me - :dahell:

And that was not the only time i was told this by an AADOS:ufdup:
Well to be fair, Haitians in Haiti we have always referred to black americans as "blan" which means "white"

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cant have your cake and eat it too. I've had AADOS tell me i'm not black because i'm not from here. So which is it?

Like i said many times historically in the USA, the term "black" has always designated black americans. I'm sure your parents who are haitian claim "nwa" or "noir" which means black in kreyol/french. But they'll describe a black american as "yon black". Well this is probably because many black americans have always claimed the term "black" for themselves and only for themselves.

I told you all many times about the joke with my former college classmate. This conversation took place in the student lobbby of (now) Kennesaw State University back in 2004:
Melissa - Well you're not black anyway. Arent you from a different country or something?
Melissa - Well just because you look black dont make you black. You can have black skin and not be black. You're... whatever you are. i dont know.

Black is a race. And some black Americans really think black is being American. Which is ignorant.

:yeshrug:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps

Well to be fair, Haitians in Haiti we have always referred to black americans as "blan" which means "white"

Black in the U.S= African American
Black around the world= descendants of africa

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Black is a race. And some black Americans really think black is being American. Which is ignorant.

:yeshrug:
So, again why are you always ready to jump out your shoes to call others out on the topic and not AADOS? AADOS and VI people claim american/USA and you cheer them. Martiniquans and Guageloupeans claim French and you were like :mjpls:
I need to understand this through your lenses
Black in the U.S= African American
Black around the world= descendants of africa
IF asked I say i'm black but not african american because i'm not american. But anyone with eyes can see im black. It's usually on forms that i'm filling out that i have to be explicit unless it says black OR african american.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
So, again why are you always ready to jump out your shoes to call others out on the topic and not AADOS? AADOS and VI people claim american/USA and you cheer them. Martiniquans and Guageloupeans claim French and you were like :mjpls:
I need to understand this through your lenses

IF asked I say i'm black but not african american because i'm not american. But anyone with eyes can see im black. It's usually on forms that i'm filling out that i have to be explicit unless it says black OR african american.

What does your post have anything to do with what I said about black being a race?

You’re all over the place plus I’m very familiar with Guadeloupe. The people there will tell you they are Guadeloupian first before anything else.

:stopitslime:

Last edited: