Where The fukk Are My ADOS At

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
So that means they are at the most 50%

Where did you get that info from?

BTW, I want to know because I like having facts, I aint on any hating shyt, because I know someone is gonna turn this into a shyt throwing contest. I'm letting it be known I'm not down with it

The Caribbean population is a little more complexed cause there is another bunch of blacks who have caribbean grand parents

truth2you

All Star
Daps
The Caribbean population is a little more complexed cause there is another bunch of blacks who have caribbean grand parents
Yeah, that's why I said at most, 50%.

I'm going by the fact that most came here in the mid-late70's, so that means you include them, their children, and their grandchildren who would be most of the people in this thread who are Caribbean descent.

Remember a lot left to go south, and go to college, then ended up staying there. I remember when going to college became big, and HBCU's were the shyt in the late 80's, so a lot of first generation left NYC.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So that means they are at the most 50%

Where did you get that info from?

BTW, I want to know because I like having facts, I aint on any hating shyt, because I know someone is gonna turn this into a shyt throwing contest. I'm letting it be known I'm not down with it

“Across the country, this shift is already reshaping huge chunks of black culture. In the Miami metro area, about 34% of the black population is foreign born. In the New York metro area, it's about 28%, and in Washington D.C., it's about 15%.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/splint...ow-black-immigrants-are-reshap-1793855054/amp

Influx of African Immigrants Shifting National and New York Demographics

truth2you

All Star
Daps
“Across the country, this shift is already reshaping huge chunks of black culture. In the Miami metro area, about 34% of the black population is foreign born. In the New York metro area, it's about 28%, and in Washington D.C., it's about 15%.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/splint...ow-black-immigrants-are-reshap-1793855054/amp

Influx of African Immigrants Shifting National and New York Demographics
Reading these articles is making me wonder are the writes making these "facts" up? That first article says "As a group, foreign-born blacks outperform native black Americans in key categories. They are more likely to hold a bachelor's degree (26% versus 19%)"

The other one states "An analysis of the Census Bureau’s latest American Community Survey, which ended in 2012, found that 30 percent of African-born blacks in the city had a college degree, compared with 22 percent of native-born blacks, 18 percent of Caribbean-born blacks and 19 percent of the nonblack foreign born.

This is why I try to get info from the actual studies or from unbias writers. Reading those articles sound like the writers have an agenda, they left out important facts about the Caribbeans they named, and the fact that certain immigrants come here, those are important facts to state if you aren't trying to convey a certain message. I could be wrong, but that's how they read, and the info is kind of proving it. The stats should be the same in both articles being they were written within two years of each other, albeit one is about NYC, and the other the whole country

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Can we stop coming into thread and just making shyt up please :mjlol:
Statistically he isn't wrong. You got Nigerians in the bay and some parts of LA, same with East Africans, and Belizeans in LA. Outside of those core groups, CA's black population is still overwhelmingly ADOS. Statistically speaking at least.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
For the third largest group in the country, comprised of almost 50 million people, I’m stunned by how few ADOS I encounter. Living in Boston, whether it’s while ridng the bus or interacting with store clerks, most of the “black” people I come into contact with are immigrants. Africans, Haitians, Somalians. And this doesn’t even include the Afro-Latins and Cape Verdeans, a large number of whom live out here, as well. Where the fukk are our people at? :lupe:
I kept telling yall Boston has almost no AAS but nikkas thought I was cooked/cappin :unimpressed:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
elmont and valley stream aka Queens jr definitely Caribbean. Freeport/Baldwin also. Westbury prob mostly Caribbean. New Cassel used to be ADOS, but its Hispanic. Black parts of white areas likerosslyn, great neck and glen cove may still be ADOS. Hempstead and Roosevelt may still be ADOS.

In Suffolk, we're still hanging in there but yall are coming in strong, especially my old neighborhood. And the country people went back down south after they retired.
Was Suffolk County and the areas you're from, somewhat "country" or rural when you were growing up? And did that make it easier for AA's from the South to migrate and ingratiate themselves to that area during the great migration?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Reading these articles is making me wonder are the writes making these "facts" up? That first article says "As a group, foreign-born blacks outperform native black Americans in key categories. They are more likely to hold a bachelor's degree (26% versus 19%)"

The other one states "An analysis of the Census Bureau’s latest American Community Survey, which ended in 2012, found that 30 percent of African-born blacks in the city had a college degree, compared with 22 percent of native-born blacks, 18 percent of Caribbean-born blacks and 19 percent of the nonblack foreign born.

This is why I try to get info from the actual studies or from unbias writers. Reading those articles sound like the writers have an agenda, they left out important facts about the Caribbeans they named, and the fact that certain immigrants come here, those are important facts to state if you aren't trying to convey a certain message. I could be wrong, but that's how they read, and the info is kind of proving it. The stats should be the same in both articles being they were written within two years of each other, albeit one is about NYC, and the other the whole country
Article isn't wrong. Have to look at the culture to. Parents pay through the ass for education. I know my mom and dad both had a BSc back in Nigeria before coming here. Only reason I even got my degree was because they were going to write me out of their will if I didn't :aicmon:

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Living in the DMV?

:dahell:

I find that extremely hard to believe. Even with the little bit of East and West Africans in the DMV and the little bit of West Indians, DMV is still majority ADOS.
:troll:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Article isn't wrong. Have to look at the culture to. Parents pay through the ass for education. I know my mom and dad both had a BSc back in Nigeria before coming here. Only reason I even got my degree was because they were going to write me out of their will if I didn't :aicmon:
But that's why the articles are being dishonest to me, and you are proof of that

Most Africans who come here are from Nigeria, and they already have college degrees. That isn't the same for other black immigrants, but the article on Africans in NYC didn't mention this, at least what I read, they made it seem like most are poor, uneducated & struggling then worked hard when they came here. They focused on the few who did do that, but that isn't the majority when looking at stats. Of course if you come here with a degree already, you are not competing with those who don't have one, you can come up much quicker just due to less debt alone, but they left that part out!

Then when talking about Caribbeans its also another story based on where they come from, but the article just put all Caribbeans in the same category, and when talking about famous west indians, they just left out those people came up under ADOS CULTURE! They also left out a lot of Caribbeans who are older couldn't come here without a sponsor, and have $2000, that also put you into another category. If you can come up with $2000(American dollars) in a foreign country, you have a lot of help!

I just don't like articles that leave out important points, then try to compare themselves to ADOS. You can tell its a "I'm better then" game for the writers. What's sad is they helped create the beefs we have today, even though they aren't that serious, but it can turn to that under the right circumstances. This is how the KKK was formed, the movie "birth of a nation" spread lies, and boom the KKK was formed. It's sad as black people we have people on both sides who just want to compete, but if you are black & your group is small, that is dumb as hell. White society can turn on you at anytime, but now you have enemies who won't speak for you anymore. Latins are experiencing this NOW, what makes these fools think it won't happen with black foreigners? Selfishness is a sad thing.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Shea Butter Activists (Ebony writers, root, LGBTQs who hate bm, twitter hitters)

Vs.

Black feminists (LSA and em)

Vs.

Ados (Tariq and Yvette stans, c00ns, fake hoteps)

Vs.

Black liberals (Diehard Democrats, Boule, Africans and Caribbeans who tend to be into this shyt, civil right era negros)

Vs.

Tap dancing c00ns (Bedwenches, c00ns, GOP stans, like Jessie Lee Peterson, Candace Owens)

The battle royal of foolishness and buffoonery. Ya'll made me put respect on Umar Johnson's name with this bullshyt.

Pan Africanism is the only way to go

Without it, we are all doomed :francis:

It is unfortunate that some have been led to believe that they can survive in this world by shunning other Black people in favour of Whites etc..

Asap Rocky's are more more prevalent than people would like to believe..:mjpls:

I also don't believe that negative people who don't want Ados and foreign Black people to build relations should try and discourage that relation building.
If you dont want anything to do with immigrants, that's on you. But don't dictate your will on those who want to build relations.

Our like minded people need to band together, and the c00ns etc should all band together and leave us alone.