What's an ''industry plant''?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
do u know yall history. JUST having a musical background isnt what makes you an industry plant. If P woulda came up like how he had that song on Boyz n The Hood and made it that way, YES he'd be no different. but Nas and P hustled for their positions. nas and P didnt have conglomerate behind them to start their careers. drake is a good artist no doubt about it. but son wouldnt be able to come outside in the 70s 80s or 90s

Drake made a song, passed it on to his manager. odd future used viral marketing. wiz paid a publicist. Hip hop came from the streets, none of those dudes are street, so how are they some of the most talked about hip hop artists? 50 cent was street, jeezy was street, meek mill is street. A lot of these dudes paid to get in. dont get me started on jay electronica

theres nothing conspiracy about any of this. the industry has full control. thats just how it is

lol, you're all over the place here. it's clear you're an example of someone that just applies this to artists you don't like

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's really no fukin big difference is there? Whether you are already on a label or not if u don't come with either quality music or a hit,or sum shock value record that happens to be a hit with people there's no movement...u cant just force people to start liking sumbody without reason,they could just make every rapper succesful.....the only advantage this "plant "has over a nikka like Keef or jeezy who grew from the streets naturally is that when this "plant" or rapper who's already on a label drops a hit,the label can start pushin the artist immediately and doin promo for it....whereas if with a keef u have to sign the artist first then work on the promo and shyt after the initial buzz from the hit has already died down a little bit....industry plant just seems to have a head start cuz they foot in the door.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
lol, you're all over the place here. it's clear you're an example of someone that just applies this to artists you don't like

how is it allover the place breh can you comprehend?

drake did not come up from the streets, hip hop is from the streets, he is not hip hop.

nas is from the street, he is hip hop.

are you following? :profgriffsmiley:

i dont even think its a new practice at all, its reality of the industry, dont sit their and tell me im lying.

theres IS a difference, if good music comes out of it, fukk it. but pretty soon every rapper will be picked and the street will have NO say. some people are very uncomfortable about that. i dont give a fukk honestly but its right in front of your eyes, if you cant see it your stupid

the X was mad when hank was picked to shine on the first rap record over the real deal like caz, thats from day 1. its just so much more prevalent now

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
If you use the definition a lot of people use then ALL music artists are industry plants, in some way.

Take it for what you want..there are some obvious ones like Odd Future, since the connection with Plain Pat is well known, but a lot of the other ones people bring up I don't find suspicious.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
how is it allover the place breh can you comprehend?

drake did not come up from the streets, hip hop is from the streets, he is not hip hop.

nas is from the street, he is hip hop.

are you following? :profgriffsmiley:

i dont even think its a new practice at all, its reality of the industry, dont sit their and tell me im lying.

theres IS a difference, if good music comes out of it, fukk it. but pretty soon every rapper will be picked and the street will have NO say. some people are very uncomfortable about that. i dont give a fukk honestly but its right in front of your eyes, if you cant see it your stupid
The streets will have no say? Don't listen to the music then:comeon:

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
If you use the definition a lot of people use then ALL music artists are industry plants, in some way.

Take it for what you want..there are some obvious ones like Odd Future, since the connection with Plain Pat is well known, but a lot of the other ones people bring up I don't find suspicious.

The problem is people are using the term as more of a conspiracy term more than for what it really is. Smart marketing. Instead of having to sign these dudes to HUGE deals ONCE they get really hot... sign them while they're still building a buzz, let them blow on the label through mixtapes/touring, and if they signed 360 deals, then the label gets paid off their come-up. It's the new way to do it.

What some people are referring to are artists that already had connects before giving an insane amount of hype. That's whatever. But the strategy I just mentioned is well documented and smart. It just plays on the consumer that the artist was indie for a large part of their rise to the mainstream.

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
The problem is people are using the term as more of a conspiracy term more than for what it really is. Smart marketing. Instead of having to sign these dudes to HUGE deals ONCE they get really hot... sign them while they're still building a buzz, let them blow on the label through mixtapes/touring, and if they signed 360 deals, then the label gets paid off their come-up. It's the new way to do it.

What some people are referring to are artists that already had connects before giving an insane amount of hype. That's whatever. But the strategy I just mentioned is well documented and smart. It just plays on the consumer that the artist was indie for a large part of their rise to the mainstream.
I hear you, good explanation :clap: