What's an ''industry plant''?

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
i look @ industry plant only from a purist view. think about how nas, biggie, wu, x , jay, etc etc came up and look how these new artists come up. drake was on a nickelodean tv show, his shyt reeks of that disney channel BS from the get. aint dudes uncle a famous musician? some people think that's handing it to them. i dont 100% agree but yea, fukk an industry plant

theres a fine line today because nowadays, you goto a publicist and your on a blog. point. period. end of story. Wiz had mad tapes out i beolieve before those ones where he blew, but wiz took advantage of the times. it is what it is.

its the reason movements like native tongues to wu tang to death row to dipset are all very important to hip hop history. Bottom line though, the industry DICTATES what is heard so that is why people dislike industry plants and like street shyt. In the end however its all about who has the money to play and how to take advantage.

Habit

Banned
Daps
its the reason movements like native tongues to wu tang to death row to dipset are all very important to hip hop history. Bottom line though, the industry DICTATES what is heard so that is why people dislike industry plants and like street shyt. In the end however its all about who has the money to play and how to take advantage.

Honestly, its hard to listen to people complain who don't even buy records. Chief Keef just got a deal, 10 years ago his music would have been too ignorant for the average listener. The industry finally got the one thing it wanted from hip-hop since '88, that's full control. The younger generation doesn't understand this or the significance of this.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i look @ industry plant only from a purist view. think about how nas, biggie, wu, x , jay, etc etc came up and look how these new artists come up. drake was on a nickelodean tv show, his shyt reeks of that disney channel BS from the get. aint dudes uncle a famous musician? some people think that's handing it to them. i dont 100% agree but yea, fukk an industry plant

theres a fine line today because nowadays, you goto a publicist and your on a blog. point. period. end of story. Wiz had mad tapes out i beolieve before those ones where he blew, but wiz took advantage of the times. it is what it is.

so is Prodigy an "industry plant" since his mom was in The Crystals? what about Nas and his pops?

the problem is yall set this up in such a way that pretty much anyone that ever 'made it' can be labeled an "industry plant"

IMO the only ones that should count are the talentless MF's that really did only get put on because they knew someone. but those people never make it past a few features anyway. also a lot of the cats we were flooded with during the pen-n-pixel era

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
All I'm gonna say is the usual suspects showed up to a thread like this on cue...

There's two kinds of people to watch in this thread:

1, the people in this thread calling folks haters and defending every aspect of the music industry... there's a reason for that.
And 2, people who have no clue that music is being pushed on them and they're liking it b/c it gets co-signs everywhere...

There are artists who have major label deals already signed long before many people have heard of them... then the PR team gets to work on those blogs, an organic movement is created, so to speak... and a star is on the way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's not a conspiracy. It's just easier to do business b/c the risks are a LOT lower. It's a sound business and marketing strategy.

But believe what you want.

Daps
so is Prodigy an "industry plant" since his mom was in The Crystals? what about Nas and his pops?

the problem is yall set this up in such a way that pretty much anyone that ever 'made it' can be labeled an "industry plant"

IMO the only ones that should count are the talentless MF's that really did only get put on because they knew someone. but those people never make it past a few features anyway. also a lot of the cats we were flooded with during the pen-n-pixel era

that would mean Pac, was also a industry plant.. because, who went to a performing arts school.. was a back-up dancer, then turned gangsta rapper.. :dwillhuh:

people are so dumb, theres no use in explaining..

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
All I'm gonna say is the usual suspects showed up to a thread like this on cue...

There's two kinds of people to watch in this thread:

1, the people in this thread calling folks haters and defending every aspect of the music industry... there's a reason for that.
And 2, people who have no clue that music is being pushed on them and they're liking it b/c it gets co-signs everywhere...

There are artists who have major label deals already signed long before many people have heard of them... then the PR team gets to work on those blogs, an organic movement is created, so to speak... and a star is on the way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's not a conspiracy. It's just easier to do business b/c the risks are a LOT lower. It's a sound business and marketing strategy.

But believe what you want.

Sit your old conspiracy theorist ass down. People have been throwing around a term on here that is completely ambigious and apparently any and everyone can fall under it giving the right circumstances. If people see fit to question this brand that is being thrown on every artist seemingly at random then there is nothing wrong with.

Second, anyone that is having music 'pushed on them' and only enjoys it because of co-signs can't possibly be older than 12 years old. Most of us are grown men here. No one is being fooled by some smoke and mirror schemes and tricks. At the end of the day you can't listen to any of that shyt. If the music is good then it is fukking good. End of story. The fukk does a grown man look like saying "I'm not too sure about this song, but Kanye said it's crack so I'm going to keep it on replay".

Finally, this grand revelation that artists are signed to labels, and are promoting themselves is the big scheme here? You're telling me all this label plant business occurs when an artist gets signed to a label and has to promote himself, build a fanbase, and get people to care about his music. The conspiracy is that rappers have to build a brand for themselves to get the label to have enough confidence to invest in them? THAT is the conspiracy here? You gotta be kidding me breh. That isn't a conspiracy that is common sense. If you have a product that no one wants, why am I going to waste my time and my resources promoting it when there is a market full of people like you, and even the successful ones aren't THAT successful. Why wouldn't they have to show that people want their brand? Why wouldn't they have to show there is a market for them?

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
Sit your old conspiracy theorist ass down. People have been throwing around a term on here that is completely ambigious and apparently any and everyone can fall under it giving the right circumstances. If people see fit to question this brand that is being thrown on every artist seemingly at random then there is nothing wrong with.

Second, anyone that is having music 'pushed on them' and only enjoys it because of co-signs can't possibly be older than 12 years old. Most of us are grown men here. No one is being fooled by some smoke and mirror schemes and tricks. At the end of the day you can't listen to any of that shyt. If the music is good then it is fukking good. End of story. The fukk does a grown man look like saying "I'm not too sure about this song, but Kanye said it's crack so I'm going to keep it on replay".

Finally, this grand revelation that artists are signed to labels, and are promoting themselves is the big scheme here? You're telling me all this label plant business occurs when an artist gets signed to a label and has to promote himself, build a fanbase, and get people to care about his music. The conspiracy is that rappers have to build a brand for themselves to get the label to have enough confidence to invest in them? THAT is the conspiracy here? You gotta be kidding me breh. That isn't a conspiracy that is common sense. If you have a product that no one wants, why am I going to waste my time and my resources promoting it when there is a market full of people like you, and even the successful ones aren't THAT successful. Why wouldn't they have to show that people want their brand? Why wouldn't they have to show there is a market for them?

Your posts are hilarious. Like I really laugh at them every time you make one...

No one said it was a conspiracy. You may have trouble with reading comprehension and I apologize. I know it must be frustrating.

You sound upset over something that has no bearing upon you whatsoever... or does it? Who knows, who cares. The truth is artists are signed to labels and then pushed on an indie marketing strategy to build a organic fanbase. That's just how it is. I didn't say it was a problem, I said it's effective marketing even if a bit deceiving.

But you continue on with that "argument" you got going on over there.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin

do u know yall history. JUST having a musical background isnt what makes you an industry plant. If P woulda came up like how he had that song on Boyz n The Hood and made it that way, YES he'd be no different. but Nas and P hustled for their positions. nas and P didnt have conglomerate behind them to start their careers. drake is a good artist no doubt about it. but son wouldnt be able to come outside in the 70s 80s or 90s

Drake made a song, passed it on to his manager. odd future used viral marketing. wiz paid a publicist. Hip hop came from the streets, none of those dudes are street, so how are they some of the most talked about hip hop artists? 50 cent was street, jeezy was street, meek mill is street. A lot of these dudes paid to get in. dont get me started on jay electronica

theres nothing conspiracy about any of this. the industry has full control. thats just how it is

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
that would mean Pac, was also a industry plant.. because, who went to a performing arts school.. was a back-up dancer, then turned gangsta rapper.. :dwillhuh:

people are so dumb, theres no use in explaining..

:snoop: your a retard breh. dudes comparing 2pacs comeup to drake

tribe got on cause they went to school with jungle bros and red alert was their uncle, that dont make them less hip hop. they fukking lived it. pac lived it. drake was wheeling around on the actin set

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Your posts are hilarious. Like I really laugh at them every time you make one...

No one said it was a conspiracy. You may have trouble with reading comprehension and I apologize. I know it must be frustrating.

You sound upset over something that has no bearing upon you whatsoever... or does it? Who knows, who cares. The truth is artists are signed to labels and then pushed on an indie marketing strategy to build a organic fanbase. That's just how it is. I didn't say it was a problem, I said it's effective marketing even if a bit deceiving.

But you continue on with that "argument" you got going on over there.
Lol @ you still throwing that bullshyt in your posts. Sit the fukk down

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
do u know yall history. JUST having a musical background isnt what makes you an industry plant. If P woulda came up like how he had that song on Boyz n The Hood and made it that way, YES he'd be no different. but Nas and P hustled for their positions. nas and P didnt have conglomerate behind them to start their careers. drake is a good artist no doubt about it. but son wouldnt be able to come outside in the 70s 80s or 90s

Drake made a song, passed it on to his manager. odd future used viral marketing. wiz paid a publicist. Hip hop came from the streets, none of those dudes are street, so how are they some of the most talked about hip hop artists? 50 cent was street, jeezy was street, meek mill is street. A lot of these dudes paid to get in. dont get me started on jay electronica

theres nothing conspiracy about any of this. the industry has full control. thats just how it is

what song was this?