What's an ''industry plant''?

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Some of you are stupid as fukk.

If all the blogs are hyping a tape and it has a 50+ thread on the coli with multiple other threads, you will give that tape a couple spins to see what the fuss is about.

It's not sinister. It's just the new model. Wiz dropped Deal or no Deal less than a year before OJ&Kush and that was a real album. It had some buzz, it dropped, had a couple reviews and that was it. But for Kush&OJ shyt was trending on twitter, Wiz was all over MTV etc. he BEEN signed to Atlantic after Deal or no Deal and they helped build and promote his stuff. It's simple. A label believes in an artist, tells them to make the best music they can, no singles, nothing forced, just do what you want. The label puts real dollars into that in marketing and if it catches on = a star is born.

Don't front. "Internet nikkas" love to be the first up on that new shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
Some of you are stupid as fukk.

If all the blogs are hyping a tape and it has a 50+ thread on the coli with multiple other threads, you will give that tape a couple spins to see what the fuss is about.

It's not sinister. It's just the new model. Wiz dropped Deal or no Deal less than a year before OJ&Kush and that was a real album. It had some buzz, it dropped, had a couple reviews and that was it. But for Kush&OJ shyt was trending on twitter, Wiz was all over MTV etc. he BEEN signed to Atlantic after Deal or no Deal and they helped build and promote his stuff. It's simple. A label believes in an artist, tells them to make the best music they can, no singles, nothing forced, just do what you want. The label puts real dollars into that in marketing and if it catches on = a star is born.

Don't front. "Internet nikkas" love to be the first up on that new shyt.

Who said it was sinister? Most folks agree it's smart business. What are you talking about?

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
a lot of these people do though.. I wasn't around reading rap boards when Drake came up but with Odd Future, Wiz Khalifa's Kush & OJ, Lil B, Kreashawn etc you have to notice that their ascendance is based on trying to get people into a 'movement' mindset

even Nicki's "barbies" and Curren$y's Jet Life etc

:leostare::ahh:I agree breh

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree it's low risk way of marketing an artist and I don't think its sinister. Though I have a hard time digesting blatent lies when I can see through it. I do not like the new business model but they aren't making as much as they used too so i guess it is what it is.

I want to see it change, obviously for me and my own tastes, but I also realize sometimes you gotta find a way to do it yourself.

and f*ck these n!ggaz.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Right??? I already knew who was gonna come in defending things before I even came into this thread...

Oh you know who it is. Probably getting paid to make sure everything is on the up and up with the word of mouth about these artists lol. Like I said... it's not a conspiracy, b/c that's what a PR firm does online... it's just smart business.

the fact that threads like this get deleted when centered around certain names, says it all.

i even remember asap rocky basically letting it be known that asap had no buzz in harlem whatsoever.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas

lol

surprised people haven't said Mac Miller is an industry plant?

But he isn't signed anyone :russ:

:manny: is he even an issue here?

i dont know much about dude. i saw a couple of his videos & a few of his performances on mtv jams. which leads me to believe that hes not even geared towards a rap audience.

the only time i hear anything about dude is when im on here and i see the lil white posters making threads about him.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i wanna hear homies theory about jay electronica
b/c he was posting songs on SOHH in 2005 was homeless for a few years then ended up having 2-3 dilla beats (one that common paid alot of money for) on his EP