What would Jesus think of Joel Osteen's $325,000 Ferrari?

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I’ll never understand how in 2021 people still believe in God and heaven and hell and all that bulllshyt. I grew up in a heavily religious household, indoctrinated in it from birth and I still figured out it was nonsense by the time I turned 13. You still have grown adults and unfortunately some in my family who still believe this shyt. I honestly don’t get it.
If it makes them feel better more power to em :yeshrug:

My only problem is when they try to force the shyt on us

Like I cant even eat my damn meal cause my folks want me to pray to a God I don't believe in :skip:

And they know this, but I'm supposed to be the disrespectful one :mjlol:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe bcuz they literally place themselves on a pulpit/elevated stage while claiming to spread the word of god :mjlol:

I’m not gonna pretend to be bothered by it but let’s not act as if many of them present themselves as “equals” to their parishioners

true but that has nothing to do with actual Christian religion. It’s just how speech’s are made logically

anyone can do what Joel does. They just choose to do other things with their life

Only difference is he has an audience of millions
I still think he’s humble all things considered.... or he comes off that way

I’ve seen pastors with much smaller churches/less notoriety act more proud/theatrical

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

OrionBC

Hard Work and Cloud Watching
Daps
This doesn't surprise me. I've never gotten good vibes from him. He has an untrustworthy voice and face to me. My mom used to watch his show and just overhearing his voice bothered me.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
This dude rode this wave to cash in. He didn't even wanna do it but his wife convinced him to go ahead with it. I wonder why. He was just a producer for the church's broadcasts back in the day.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Jesus would say that ain’t none of his business and quit pocket watching.

Luke 12:13, 14 - Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”
Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you two?”

Had you quoted the rest of the parable, you'd know that Jesus would be none too pleased with Joel right now. Jesus has no problem pocket-watching. He has a problem with greed. :sas1:

The Parable of the Rich Fool
13 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

14 Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” 15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

16 And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17 He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’

18 “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19 And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

21 “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”

But I appreciate that you learned from Joel Osteen so well. :sas2:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
My thing is: are mega church pastors not supposed to live lavish and buy things?

that guys church is HUGE AF. And its a business.

Not direct at JO, but it seems that as a community we think all pastors should be sworn to a life of modesty.

Who said mega church pastors are supposed to live like that? :dahell:

Church is huge af. And it's a calling, not a business. :ufdup:

Plus most people wouldn't have a problem with that, if the congregation was also living like that legitimately. :blessed: