What would Jesus think of Joel Osteen's $325,000 Ferrari?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
:ufdup:
He went on to say....

15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

16 And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17 He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’

18 “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19 And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

21 “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”

:ufdup:

He said that to the one trying to get the piece of the inheritance, not the one who had it.

Basically, he told him don’t be envying what that other dude has and stop pocket watching.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Stfu

Luke 20:46
46Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; 47Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.

Not to mention the scene with the money lenders

gullible ass marks

What does this have to do with the verse I quoted?

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But aren’t they still “men of god” who should aspire to live their earthly lives as Jesus did:jbhmm: why do they need wealth and riches no matter how they attained it. Shouldn’t all of it but what is required to live a modest life be used for the poor or the gospel :jbhmm: like Jesus would have:pachaha:

if you’ve been called by god, as they like to say, they should live it.
Jesus asked specific people to give up their livelihoods, he didn’t ask for everyone who follows him to give up their wealth. He did make the point that you should be willing to give up everything to follow him but it’s not a requirement for every believer to actually do so.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I'm sure he Frankenstein'd some scriptures together to make it sound cool to the idiots he preach to that walk pass the vehicles they paid for every Sunday:hhh:
The Favor of God :ohlawd:

Joseph had a dream…. Invest in my dream :ohlawd:

And you will have the favor of God in your life too:ohlawd:

All preachers aren’t like that just the most flossy ones are the one people talk about. I know there was a time where I was getting almost all my food from this church’s food pantry

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Favor of God :ohlawd:

Joseph had a dream…. Invest in my dream :ohlawd:

And you will have the favor of God in your life too:ohlawd:

All preachers aren’t like that just the most flossy ones are the one people talk about. I know there was a time where I was getting almost all my food from this church’s food pantry
Ha! That’s text book.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
America perverts everything it touches to the max. Don’t get me wrong, Europe started it, but these are its b*stard kids who went too far

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Matthew 19:24

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll never understand how in 2021 people still believe in God and heaven and hell and all that bulllshyt. I grew up in a heavily religious household, indoctrinated in it from birth and I still figured out it was nonsense by the time I turned 13. You still have grown adults and unfortunately some in my family who still believe this shyt. I honestly don’t get it.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Crazy he don't even care or recognize the optic's. a preacher is supposed to lead a humble life, living off charity and giving charity back in turn,

Even if you have a super successful mega church, and can afford nice things. I would still expect you to be more frugal about it. don't get a mega mansion in Beverly hills or some shyt, get a farm out in the country side. don't buy a lambo, get something new and nice that doesn't draw attention like an audi or something.
Don't buy a private jet, just fly first class or book tickets on a private flights. Don't buy a yacht, just rent some shyt whenever you want go fishing. at least give the impression that you not in it for profit.
What’s the point of all that money if you can spend it? He’s got millions in the bank and you expect him to be driving around in some Kia?

Besides, his congregation are clearly too stupid to even care about the optics. They’ll think God blessed him and if they pray more God will bless them too :mjlol:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What’s the point of all that money if you can spend it? He’s got millions in the bank and you expect him to be driving around in some Kia?

Besides, his congregation are clearly too stupid to even care about the optics. They’ll think God blessed him and if they pray more God will bless them too :mjlol:
Breh, even bill gates doesn't drive around in a 325K lambo. He's on some Rick Ross shyt as a pastor and people just cool with it.

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Religion exists for 2 reasons.

1) To scam desperate and stupid people out of money
2) To sexually exploit women and children.

Longest running scam in history.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
But aren’t they still “men of god” who should aspire to live their earthly lives as Jesus did:jbhmm: why do they need wealth and riches no matter how they attained it. Shouldn’t all of it but what is required to live a modest life be used for the poor or the gospel :jbhmm: like Jesus would have:pachaha:

if you’ve been called by god, as they like to say, they should live it.

It's nothing wrong with having money or nice things.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I’ll never understand how in 2021 people still believe in God and heaven and hell and all that bulllshyt. I grew up in a heavily religious household, indoctrinated in it from birth and I still figured out it was nonsense by the time I turned 13. You still have grown adults and unfortunately some in my family who still believe this shyt. I honestly don’t get it.
C'mon man. Whether you believe or not. How can you not know why.