If you were a plumber that found 600k in Joel Osteen's Church which was reported stolen 7 years earlier what would you do?

If you found 600k at Joel Osteen's Church WWYD?

• Total voters

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
7 years? Lmao...

gjX6Er.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

F*ck Joel Olsteen and his "church".

Fred.
In fairness i think there are laws against churches being used as shelters. (thank the treat the homeless as the enemy crowd)
And considering how wealthy and high profile his church is, they absolutely would've tried to take him for everything he has had he opened up.
There is a long history of pastors trying to shelter the homeless in churches and getting shut down or penalized by cities for it.
a smaller church might be able to get away with it, but not him. I bet his lawyers expressly told him to keep those doors closed.
I understand there will still be people that feel like a man of God should fall on his sword and take an L for greater good anyway. And that's fair, but i wouldn't hate somebody for not sacrificing their livelihood. He wasn't just on some heartless unapathetic shyt when he made that decision is all im saying.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In fairness i think there are laws against churches being used as shelters. (thank the treat the homeless as the enemy crowd)
And considering how wealthy and high profile his church is, they absolutely would've tried to take him for everything he has had he opened up.
There is a long history of pastors trying to shelter the homeless in churches and getting shut down or penalized by cities for it.
a smaller church might be able to get away with it, but not him. I beat his lawyers expressly told him to keep those doors closed.

He eventually sheltered people after receiving back lash:

So nah, he obviously knew he f*cked up. If he gave the reasons you said it would be a different story. Dude came out the gate lying about his church was damaged due to flooding. Which promptly got exposed as bullsh*t on social media. Then he decided to help people.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
He eventually sheltered people after receiving back lash:

So nah, he obviously knew he f*cked up. If he gave the reasons you said it would be a different story. Dude came out the gate lying about his church was damaged due to flooding. Which promptly got exposed as bullsh*t on social media. Then he decided to help people.

Fred.
He still pointed out that he was only doing it if the city shelters reached capacity. Obviously trying to save face. but that particular language pretty much confirms to me he was worried about liability. Probably should have been transparent about it from the beginning rather than making up excuses about being damaged, but this low key confirms he was trying to avoid legal liability.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He still pointed out that he was only doing it if the city shelters reached capacity. Obviously trying to save face. but that particular language pretty much confirms to me he was worried about liability. Probably should have been transparent about it from the beginning rather than making up excuses about being damaged, but this low key confirms he was trying to avoid legal liability.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Dude could've issued a legalese statement, and probably received back lash but not to the extent he did.

But to lie is ridiculous. Especially as a so-called "man of god".

Fred.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Depends if i knew how long it was missing.

If i just saw it there randomly, I wouldn't even fukk with it. But if I actively knew it was missing for years, I might consider taking it all. Realistically, I probably would report it and shyt...if they gave me $20k, I'd be happy with that and have a light conscious. Most people don't get shyt when they report missing money.