What would Jesus think of Joel Osteen's $325,000 Ferrari?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Had you quoted the rest of the parable, you'd know that Jesus would be none too pleased with Joel right now. Jesus has no problem pocket-watching. He has a problem with greed. :sas1:

A) What is “greedy” about owning a Ferrari?

B) The part I quoted isn’t a part of that parable - it was Jesus saying he doesn’t have anything to do with personal money disputes between people.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Now I get to say the same thing you told me:

what about the verses after that?

They agree with what I said.

A) What is “greedy” about owning a Ferrari?

B) The part I quoted isn’t a part of that parable - it was Jesus saying he doesn’t have anything to do with personal money disputes between people.

Off the back of your congregation who don't have nearly as much wealth as you, financial tools, nor financial literacy? Nothing. :sas2:

Yes, I agree he did say that. But the guy asked because of greed. And Jesus isn't getting involved in that.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
They agree with what I said.

You sure about that?

Off the back of your congregation who don't have nearly as much wealth as you, financial tools, nor financial literacy? Nothing. :sas2:

Yes, I agree he did say that. But the guy asked because of greed. And Jesus isn't getting involved in that.

You know absolutely nothing about the financial particulars of that congregation. You pocket watching.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Who said mega church pastors are supposed to live like that? :dahell:

Church is huge af. And it's a calling, not a business. :ufdup:

Plus most people wouldn't have a problem with that, if the congregation was also living like that legitimately. :blessed:

thats unrealistic mayne. Be the head of a church with 52,000 members that attend weekly.

thats not to say i believe he should have enormous wealth. Bruh been the pastor for 22 years lol. But if he take half a dollar from every member hes making 1.3Ms a year. No tithes or nothing.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Not because he's rich. But because money is his god.

Well yeah, but this literal passage says more than both of us can debate.

Jesus is asked by a rich man what can he do to get into heaven.

Luke 18:22

When Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
" dad, i did all the walkin...i even walked on got damn me water...n these muhfukkas down here got expensive buildings, helicopters and wheels"

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Is this money from tithes or is it from his motivational books/speaking? If the latter I have/see no issue with it.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Then I take partial issue lol

this is the issue though is I have no problem with Pastors making money, but once you can’t tell where the money is coming from they need to separate them. Maybe don’t talk about your church in books/speaking engagements and don’t advertise your books at your services

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This doesn't surprise me. I've never gotten good vibes from him. He has an untrustworthy voice and face to me. My mom used to watch his show and just overhearing his voice bothered me.

Basic common sense should tell you to stear clear of such people, but people still get drawn in and get legally duped by these charlatans.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Basic common sense should tell you to stear clear of such people, but people still get drawn in and get legally duped by these charlatans.
orthodoxy is the way imo :ehh:

@HarlemHottie its stuff like this that makes me appreciate the monastics and the men who dedicate their whole lives and time to God :wow:

makes you realize that the devourer/consumeristic spirit truly is the biggest hurdle to holiness