What would Jesus think of Joel Osteen's $325,000 Ferrari?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
let me find that interview with that preacher cac lady talking about "so a preacher can't have a jet? :troll:"

:pachaha:

edit:
How Joyce Meyer Built a Worldwide Following
Nightline: Talk for one minute about the plane, because there are a lot of people who go, look, yes she flies a lot, but she could fly commercial. A 22-seat jet?

Meyer: I really could not fly commercial at this stage of my life and do what I'm doing. I could not endure it physically if I had to do that. Do you know how hard it is to fly commercial now? I used to be so tired when I'd come back from our conferences that I would be almost sick for two to three days. And I finally just told David, I just can't, I can't do this like this anymore. I said, it just -- because I work hard, I mean I put my whole heart and soul into this...

Nightline: So you don't think it looks unseemly for a person preaching the word of God to have a private jet?

Meyer: I don't. ... Why would it be OK for a business executive but not OK for someone like me? Why is it that people think if you "work for God" that that always means that you cannot have anything? It seems to me, if you read the Bible, it's pretty clear that God wants to bless his children.

Nightline: Because, I think people think, OK, Jesus' example of sackcloth-and-ashes, where he ... lives in the simplest way, gives up his sandals, and they want to know--

Meyer: I went through all that. I did every bit of that. I gave up everything, I -- you know.

Nightline: So if Jesus were here, he'd have a corporate jet?

Meyer: He might today, they weren't available then, so.:dead:

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
People keep going to his church tho :yeshrug: they must be getting something out of it

Most of those followers have no other guidance and understanding of self, so they go to these churches. Honestly, looking at it, Mega Churches are more of a theatrics level of religion, than a spiritual capability. Christian folk want to get entertained like anybody that want to watch a wrestling match without a rest hold.

Once the grim reality hits that they are just sitting and watching a man or woman do backflips to put on a show, it becomes clear that it is not for God's grace, but for the pockets of the speaker.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I don’t have an issue with a pastor having wealth as long as it’s not obtained through his ministry. Even with that wealth, a pastor shouldn’t flaunt how rich he is.
Why does a pastor need wealth and comfort in this life when his whole purpose is suppose to be about spreading the message of eternal paradise in heaven:patrice:.

It’s almost like most of them don’t believe in heaven and god and are getting theirs now:ohhh:

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
My thing is: are mega church pastors not supposed to live lavish and buy things?

that guys church is HUGE AF. And its a business.

Not direct at JO, but it seems that as a community we think all pastors should be sworn to a life of modesty.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Yeah, seeing the pastor’s name with the word “ministries” behind it on the church website is a red flag for me (not saying all who do that are false teachers). Folks flock to those churches to get emotional highs and those churches teach you that God is basically a personal genie. All you have to do is think positive about what you want in life and God will grant it. Scriptures are taken out of context….I can go on and on.

So much this. It kills me when people think God can magically get you a million dollars, but scoff at him giving you a million dollar idea or a million dollar connection. Even I got to check myself to the idea that God works just not on our time. For instance, I was on my shyt last week because of our financial situations and we were on the verge of being homeless. This month been hell financially, but something told me to just get my treatments and don't worry about it. Once I got my treatments and checked the bank, the money we needed to pay for the night was in the bank.

Shoot, yesterday we was suppose to get a free night and I was worrying that we was going to be forced to check out, but the receptionist was cool about us waiting for the slow ass asst manager to come in and take care of it.

Yes, we had to pay for last night but we ended up having a free night today. God is working in weird ways and it goes beyond the rubbing the lamp shyt that these mega pastors are spewing, while they wipe their asses with wet 100 dollar bills.

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does a pastor need wealth and comfort in this life when his whole purpose is suppose to be about spreading the message of eternal paradise in heaven:patrice:.

It’s almost like most of them don’t believe in heaven and god and are getting theirs now:ohhh:
I’m speaking in terms of inherited wealth, investments, or wealth obtained by outside employment.

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So much this. It kills me when people think God can magically get you a million dollars, but scoff at him giving you a million dollar idea or a million dollar connection. Even I got to check myself to the idea that God works just not on our time. For instance, I was on my shyt last week because of our financial situations and we were on the verge of being homeless. This month been hell financially, but something told me to just get my treatments and don't worry about it. Once I got my treatments and checked the bank, the money we needed to pay for the night was in the bank.

Shoot, yesterday we was suppose to get a free night and I was worrying that we was going to be forced to check out, but the receptionist was cool about us waiting for the slow ass asst manager to come in and take care of it.

Yes, we had to pay for last night but we ended up having a free night today. God is working in weird ways and it goes beyond the rubbing the lamp shyt that these mega pastors are spewing, while they wipe their asses with wet 100 dollar bills.
Faith is about trusting He will take care of you and supply your needs. Faith is tested to measure how much you do trust Him (tests in themselves are self checks…you find out a lot about yourself). Keep the faith bro.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Buddy_christ.jpg

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Faith is about trusting He will take care of you and supply your needs. Faith is tested to measure how much you do trust Him (tests in themselves are self checks…you find out a lot about yourself). Keep the faith bro.

Breh that's all I am doing at this point. Family members, former friends, and strangers thought we were crazy with just dropping everything we know to have "gorilla faith" in going overseas. I KNOW we are close to God's plans because the enemy is turnt the hell up (literally) with this month being such a stressful one. I come to the realization that we are all we got, my wife, son and I along with a selective few that sees our divine purpose which is a powerful one.

This is the biggest test of our lives but I know we shall prosper once it is over.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Why do you all say this? There is a reason why Christians celebrate the Sabbath on Sunday. I think most of you all just came up in watered down churches that didn’t know anything about Christian history or tradition.

I’m not a Christian.
:francis:

Christ was a Black Man too.
:yeshrug:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I’m speaking in terms of inherited wealth, investments, or wealth obtained by outside employment.
But aren’t they still “men of god” who should aspire to live their earthly lives as Jesus did:jbhmm: why do they need wealth and riches no matter how they attained it. Shouldn’t all of it but what is required to live a modest life be used for the poor or the gospel :jbhmm: like Jesus would have:pachaha:

if you’ve been called by god, as they like to say, they should live it.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
People keep going to his church tho :yeshrug: they must be getting something out of it

Mathew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].’

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Lucifer blesses as well.

So who does Joel serve? We know who Job served, so within the context of your previous response..you’re correct but again, with more emphasis, WHO DOES JOEL OSTEEN SERVE?
That’s on him and his soul bro he will have to answer for his like we will ours but My comment was more on how nikkas think being rich=evil when God wants our cup to runneth over and live in Abundance he just doesn’t want Abundance to be the end all be all for us but to put him and his word first and everything else will follow