What would Jesus think of Joel Osteen's $325,000 Ferrari?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I don't know much about mega church culture.
Is a preacher(that's what he is right?) supposed to be broke? Does it go against the faith for him to have material possessions? Is it some sort of contradiction or sin is that why people are "upset?"

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
:manny:

It’s his revenue until the courts says different

Nobody told people to go to his church and donate their money… there are other churches around Houston to go to and donate..

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
You expect him to spread the word in a Prius? :mjtf:

I’m sure even Jesus had a pimped out donkey.

Broke Coli brehs want the gospel to be spread in one of these babies:

nintchdbpict000186025382-e1492692310520-850x1000.jpg

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
A pastor has a much lower barrier of entry, the average politician doesn't make shyt. You would have to make it to congress, and good luck funding more money than an incumbent, which alone isn't enough to unseat them.
I disagree. There are local politicians eating very well. They have access the multiple business dealings in their area, not to mention money donated to their campaigns (although rules are different depending on their area) and many are not getting paid chump change.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
2 Corinthinthians 11
13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
I disagree. There are local politicians eating very well. They have access the multiple business dealings in their area, not to mention money donated to their campaigns (although rules are different depending on their area) and many are not getting paid chump change.
Yeah, but you are talking about statistical outliers in the regard. Take into consideration the seat counts at a local level, factor the average reported income, most politicians aren't eating well. I get the sentiment though, I'm not opposed to pointing out greed in politics, I have been for getting money out of politics for the longest, but we need to be realistic, it's not as luxurious as most people make it out to be, it's just a large majority of politicians are irrelevant and rather unknown to the public. I mean, a big issue with well-meaning politicians is that they can't survive as a legislators because it is too expensive to do so.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
@OperationNumbNutts

I edited the post with a NPR article on the matter, it annoying defaults to the audio summary, which isn't bad, but if you search the article by title, you can see the numbers laid out and how bad they are at a glance. But yeah, we really need to get the money factor out of politics, more voters need to be made aware of this as it's what crippling progress in this country, especially in congress where it is near impossible for the average American to unseat an incumbent.

I'm hyperlinking this line of text that links directly to the article.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow, can you explain why ?
I can only give my own perspective. I would think to gather great amounts of wealthis often done over the back of others, but maybe more importantly, how you use your wealth, hoard it/spend it without respect for your blessing or help people around you, is a big challenge. It''s our nature to jealously guard and increase what we have at the expense of others.