What makes the "hood" so fascinating to people?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Read the original post you nitwit. It's about people from the outside of the hood being fascinated by the hood.

I think you are adding the dynamic of a crabby bytch to this thread with all your complaining.

Try again next time shmuckface

I'm pretty sure the OP didn't need to specify he was talking about "black people"

Why would a white boy be attracted to hood culture? Everyone you interact with is scared of the nikkas that the hood produce.

Daps
I'm pretty sure the OP didn't need to specify he was talking about "black people"

Why would a white boy be attracted to hood culture? Everyone you interact with is scared of the nikkas that the hood produce.

We both know that isn't true. There are plenty of white kids who are infatuated with hood culture. A lot of people are attracted to whatever is the polar opposite to their life.

I don't think the OP was talking about any single race at all, he said people not from the hood are fascinated with it.

You seem to be CONSUMED by race here.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
We both know that isn't true. There are plenty of white kids who are infatuated with hood culture. A lot of people are attracted to whatever is the polar opposite to their life.

I don't think the OP was talking about any single race at all, he said people not from the hood are fascinated with it.

You seem to be CONSUMED by race here.

:rudy:

You don't know this ( I wonder why) but, there is a pretty significant portion of middle class black kids that are influenced and try to imitate hood culture in order to be "down"

Yeah, sure it's white boys that are attracted to what goes on in the hood, but for the majority of them listening to rap music is the end all be all of that phase in their life

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
What makes organized crime so interesting? What makes Italian ghettos so interesting? People aren't just enamored with the "hood."

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
Fukk the Hood! I would be ashamed of my parents if they raised me in the hood.

Daps
I haven't read this thread, outside of the first page so I apologize if this has been noted, but most people are NOT fascinated with the hood.

Most people who listen to hip hop are, and that's cuz hip hop glorifies living in the hood.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
its amazing to me what u idiots comprehend when reading things...............i mean pretty much every thread i make there will always be at least one person who claims to have read what i wrote then makes some comment that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed..........

u have terriable comprehension skills. Im sure they are holding you back in life. You should google some comprehension building exercises and do them on a daily basis. After about a month or two of doing this come back to this thread and read what u i wrote and what u wrote............

u can apologize if u want or laugh it off..........doesnt really matter to me........just so long as u fix ur problem
I understood what you said and still stand by what I said you dumb fukk. I'm just saying in general I dont see why people are fascinated by the hood. people from the hood celebrate the shyt and people from the suburbs wanna be there and part in whats hapenning in the hood. And THAT is what I dont understand.

Daps
What makes organized crime so interesting? What makes Italian ghettos so interesting? People aren't just enamored with the "hood."

I think a lot of people are fascinated with what seems to be "hard" or "tough".

There is an instant credibility that people place on these environments.

If you put 2 people in a room, one from Long Island and one from Southside of Chicago, and ask a crowd who is probably tougher, the vast majority will go with SouthChi even though there is no factual evidence of that.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
I find that most people not from the "hood" always seem to put the "hood" and the people from it on a pedastal/are fascinated with them/it..........espcially when they are younger (middle school/high school age)...........

why is this?

typically these people turn into the most outspoken "hood" bashers when they get older.......(20's and up)

again, why is this?

Speak on it

I don't know, I haven't stepped foot in my old neighborhood in about 15 years. It is extremely dangerous, and if my face is too unfamiliar or too familiar (:beli:) I can have problems I don't need in my life. Its just not a place you want to to stick out or draw the attention of the wolves.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw bruh, you're white.
In no way shape or form should the hood appeal to you in anyway and it did NOT.

Do you think you are adding anything to this thread?

are you serious? :whistle: so because he's white, that automatically means he can't be from the "hood", he knows more than black people because of his skin color? do you realize that you're dissing black people by saying that blacks don't know any better than the hood, poverty, ignorance, unintelligence, self destructiveness and etc? are you saying that someone skin color is related to how intelligent someone is? so what about black kids that were born and raised in the suburbs? should they be appealed to a negative lifestyle because they're black?

i swear, there's a lot of people in this forum that are dumb and don't realize that they're dumb. yet they feel the need to always speak. :whistle:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I understood what you said and still stand by what I said you dumb fukk. I'm just saying in general I dont see why people are fascinated by the hood. people from the hood celebrate the shyt and people from the suburbs wanna be there and part in whats hapenning in the hood. And THAT is what I dont understand.

ur a clown.....beat it

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I don't know, I haven't stepped foot in my old neighborhood in about 15 years. It is extremely dangerous, and if my face is too unfamiliar or too familiar (:beli:) I can have problems I don't need in my life. Its just not a place you want to to stick out or draw the attention of the wolves.

:snoop:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I think you're getting confused with people living outside of the hood who thought hip hop culture was cool or liked the music to people putting the hood on a pedestal.

nah, im not confused at all............u just dont know what youre talking about........:manny:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
My oldest who is 18 did some growing up in the innercity I moved her in with me out in the county around her 6th grade so she's a product of both. Plus her mom and her aunts are from the projects so my oldest is both ghetto and county lol. Them county kids was loving her swag. I had her when I was 19 so she spent a lot of time in the city at that age I was still living with my mother.

My 5 year old knows nothing of Baltimore city and she's gonna be an straight up Oreo. :laugh:
:laugh:

:salute: